:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

anybody ever used that SOLE SAUCE on the V's??? my netting on my 06' Grape V's are yellowing a bit

anybody ever used that SOLE SAUCE on the V's??? my netting on my 06' Grape V's are yellowing a bit

Sauce shouldn't fix the netting. I don't think anyone knows how to fix yellowing on the netting. Last time I checked the netting was invincible to sea glow and retro brite.

Looks like its just the white paint chipping which is very common. Id wait for it to get worse, tape off the green section between the green midsole and the white midsole, and repaint the entire white section with angelus. Just make sure you tape off the green really well (i use painters tape because it doesnt seem to pull off paint when i pull it off, just like what its meant to be used for)

Thanks. I appreciate the advice. I'm not the type to get bent out of shape over things that happen when you wear your shoes and nitpick over creases and minor scuffs, etc. I just though it was unusual for there to be sole cracking/chipping for such a young shoe since I got shoes that are almost 10 years old without these issues. I shall carry on with business as usual and do that angelus paint thing when it deteriorates further. Hopefully that won't happen for awhile.

I don't know if this question has been answered before. I did a little searching through the thread and didn't come up with anything. Does anyone know how to get rid of the 'ash' (for lack of a better word) on the Cherry 12's sole? 

Na he's talking about the pods on the bottom of the shoe. They are white on the flints. I can't explain it better
laugh.gif
oh the blue metallic jumpman or is it a section of the sole thats colored or something ?

This is what he's talking about. Idk the severity of his pair, but if you look closely it's got a pink tint to it

I just ordered some Sea Glow but I am going to be using the indoor lighting method. Can anyone tell me what type of light bulbs i should be buying and why? Ppl have been using regular old daylight bulbs and some ppl use UV bulbs. Which is better?

I think I just ruined my cool grey xi. I went a bit overboard with my light bulb when retrobriting the soles. The glue dried up, sole separation occurred and the phylon shrunk. Does anyone know of a fix other than replacing the midsole?

I just ordered some Sea Glow but I am going to be using the indoor lighting method. Can anyone tell me what type of light bulbs i should be buying and why? Ppl have been using regular old daylight bulbs and some ppl use UV bulbs. Which is better?

Well, out of experience, I used a 125w philips bulb for plants and it pretty much fried my shoe.

Last edited:

Use a UV bulb. Sea glow works outdoors due to the sun and it's uv rays. At least that's what I'm told. So a uv bulb indoors. Johnandrews would be a good 2nd opinion he works with retrobrite alot

Well, out of experience, I used a 125w philips bulb for plants and it pretty much fried my shoe.

:lol: :frown:

Use a UV bulb. Sea glow works outdoors due to the sun and it's uv rays. At least that's what I'm told. So a uv bulb indoors. Johnandrews would be a good 2nd opinion he works with retrobrite alot

I appreciate the help. I think I'll go with a UV bulb then

Got a pair of black xx3's. I am trying to get rid of the ashy appearance at the toe box. Is the baby oil and die the obly options? I tried the baby oil but it just made it shiny (unless I was supposed to do it numerous times. Just did it once cuz I didn't want to mess anything up). If I use the dye method, which dye to use and where do I buy it from?

I wish I can do that to my Oly 6's, but I'm scared I might just f them up. :lol:

Sir Charles, I tried a little bit of acetone to get rid of that pink on the pods, got most of it off, but as far as it being on the suede, I just look the other way.
No point in me even trying to mess with the suede, but that's just me.

I would try to use that nubuck foam cleaner from Footlocker, at least to try and see if it works.

Last edited:
Whitened the mesh on my 2000 Concords with Barkeeper's Friend. This was from only one session, which I think was enough.

BKF shoe on the right:

Currently Seaglowing them now.

Last edited:
iight so I failed to check my pair of 11s when I picked them up from NTNY and I now notice there is a cut on my left pair on the PL. I mean its on the inner side of the toe box area so its not really noticeable. Have to come up close to see it but it bugs me knowing its there.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
That looks like an actual damage to the patent leather. Try to use rubbing alcohol and lightly rub it with a q tip

I'm working on my retrobrite formula and this is my setup. I've done a few sessions and all have failed. Am I doing something wrong here?

Back
Top Bottom