:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Just bought jason markk.. hopefully it does wonders 
pimp.gif

would it do more harm then good with that little amount?

no but with retrobrite you always take the chance of it running on your mesh then turning it yellow, then its a huge pain, if they are display pieces you wont see it for an extremely long time but maybe some water repellant might slow it down

But they are on display, so they won't get wet :lol:

Water repellent does little to nothing for preventing yellowing unless you love in an area with a lot of humidity.

Yellowing is going to happen anyway due to oxidation, and it will happen faster since its going to be on display rather than wrapped up.

Looking to clean the canvas on a pair of Jordan 1 AJKO, any recommendations? Just soap and water?

Thanks.

Looking to clean the canvas on a pair of Jordan 1 AJKO, any recommendations? Just soap and water?

Thanks.

It's always just soap and water :wink:

That should always be your go to.

Just make sure it's clear soap. Colored soap could stain them if it's the white AJKO's

one of my bred 4's has just 1 huge ridiculous crease , anyway to get it out , i know there is a method just forgot it . 

I just bought a pair of Air Jordan Retro 5 Fire Red and was wondering how to prevent them from creasing because they look like they easily crease. I want to wear  them but keep them looking good thanks in advance as this is my first post in this thread

@johnandrews how did you fix that leather? I've always needed to do it :wow:

^ you would use acetone in a small amount to remove that, but that would strip the paint. Try a q-tip with some soap and water and just scrub it back and forth

I just bought a pair of Air Jordan Retro 5 Fire Red and was wondering how to prevent them from creasing because they look like they easily crease. I want to wear  them but keep them looking good thanks in advance as this is my first post in this thread

one of my bred 4's has just 1 huge ridiculous crease , anyway to get it out , i know there is a method just forgot it . 
The method is to stuff the aforementioned shoe with dryrags/socks till it looks the crease is gone and the toebox looks like new. Then you cover it with a wet towel (DAMP) put a iron on low and then go over for a second or two and then remove. Check if crease is gone then repeat till it's gone. Be careful because you might burn the shoe

I recently bought a pair of Air Jordan 5 Retro Fire Reds and i want to know how to avoid creasing them because they look like they easily crease. And if they do crease how can you take creases out?

Last edited:
I recently bought a pair of Air Jordan 5 Retro Fire Reds and i want to know how to avoid creasing them because they look like they easily crease. And if they do crease how can you take creases out?

Buy some sneaker shields.

They are still going to crease, but that will prolong the effect.

There is an iron/wet towel method to take creases out a few pages back in the thread.

Buy some sneaker shields.

They are still going to crease, but that will prolong the effect.

There is an iron/wet towel method to take creases out a few pages back in the thread.
thanks and does the iron/wet towel method work on the white part of the Retro 5 fire reds in the front?

Where else would you take the creases out?

Of course it works
laugh.gif
True sorry for the dumb question and lastly will it take the creases out completely (like brand new "no creases") and can i do this whenever i feel like it or does it have to be right after the crease?

Where else would you take the creases out?

Of course it works :lol:
True sorry for the dumb question and lastly will it take the creases out completely (like brand new "no creases") and can i do this whenever i feel like it or does it have to be right after the crease?

Depending on how good you are at it, and how deep the crease is, and what the material is. That will tell you how much of the crease will come out.

And you can do it whenever, just don't do it a lot. It will mess up your leather and take the white off the top.

Depending on how good you are at it, and how deep the crease is, and what the material is. That will tell you how much of the crease will come out.

And you can do it whenever, just don't do it a lot. It will mess up your leather and take the white off the top.
Thanks for the help. and is there a specific thread for the fire red sneaker care or 5s in general as the material is the same?

Thanks for the help. and is there a specific thread for the fire red sneaker care or 5s in general as the material is the same?

Yep, this thread right here. You may have to go digging to find what you need but it's in here about 50+ times.

Here is the iron method, don't do this a lot.
  1. Stuff the shoe with rags, or newspaper, whatever. just make sure it's packed up so you cant push the toe box in
  2. Get a rag and wet it, rub the wet rag across the toe box then lay the rag across it
  3. Turn on your iron, let it heat up
  4. Iron the toe box with the rag on top until the crease is gone.
  5. Keep the shoe stuffed until it cools and drys
  6. Buy some sneakershields to wear them with to prevent future creasing
found it , these shouldnt damage the toebox of the bred 4's correct ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom