:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Does cutting sneaker shields effect their performance at all? I had to chop of 3 toes worth on the side cuz they're painfullll
not at all, I been sponsored by sneaker shield for a while now, and can assure u I use em in almost all my 3's, 5's, 1's, and previously bunny 8's and my toe box is still fresh on all,making a notch on the right side of each shield helps with the width, and cutting some of the shield down helps with comfort when rocking em in  ya shoes, so it don't take up much space , if u need to know the best size to cut it down pm me an I can help you  out with pics, hope this helps..respect

Does cutting sneaker shields effect their performance at all? I had to chop of 3 toes worth on the side cuz they're painfullll

My feet are a little wide which makes them a little uncomfortable. I cut the sides of many of mine and they don't change the performance at all.

not at all, I been sponsored by sneaker shield for a while now, and can assure u I use em in almost all my 3's, 5's, 1's, and previously bunny 8's and my toe box is still fresh on all,making a notch on the right side of each shield helps with the width, and cutting some of the shield down helps with comfort when rocking em in  ya shoes, so it don't take up much space , if u need to know the best size to cut it down pm me an I can help you  out with pics, hope this helps..respect

hopefully you could help me out man. do I barely wear my playoff xi cause of the sneakershields problem. the left is fine but the right one for some reason doesn't take in the sneakershield well enough for some reason and leave a huge outline of the sneakershield. it's almost as if the shield its too tall for right pair only. and I can't even take out the crease/outline. do I need to buy a separate one and cut down to lower the height got the right shore? left is perfectly fine

Please watch and share my sole swap before and after video on youtube! It will mean a lot !! I'll keep making more video's so please share them

How to make sneakershields comfortable.

http://niketalk.com/t/535591/how-to-properly-un-ds-your-shoes-and-why-using-sneaker-shields
My feet are a little wide which makes them a little uncomfortable. I cut the sides of many of mine and they don't change the performance at all.
hopefully you could help me out man. do I barely wear my playoff xi cause of the sneakershields problem. the left is fine but the right one for some reason doesn't take in the sneakershield well enough for some reason and leave a huge outline of the sneakershield. it's almost as if the shield its too tall for right pair only. and I can't even take out the crease/outline. do I need to buy a separate one and cut down to lower the height got the right shore? left is perfectly fine

The Air Jordan tag on the Og's is backwards like it is on the 4's? All the current V's have the Air Jordan tag on the tongue facing the other way.
Please watch and share my sole swap before and after video on youtube! It will mean a lot !! I'll keep making more video's so please share them

anyone know how to fix this? Heel tab broke on my '99 breds, it's barely hanging on by the left side

The Air Jordan tag on the Og's is backwards like it is on the 4's? All the current V's have the Air Jordan tag on the tongue facing the other way.
Yeah they changed it on the 1999 retros. It wasn't possible to flip the tongue when the bulky tongue opposed to the all 4 tongue

How would I remove Sharpie from the back of an OG 1 tongue? It's black on white... and it's big :frown:

heel tab on my 99's is breaking off, any correct way to fix this before I go at it blindly with super glue

Just a repaint on these sneakers. Made the blue lighter to pop and the finish matte instead of the factory gloss.

Last edited:
I bought a DS pair of Cool Grey 3's and have been having issues with the way they smell. Now when I say smell I mean reek, as if they have been in an old basement or in a house that cooks a lot of curry.... This seems odd but it's been bothering the hell out of me for a couple days. I don't know how to get rid of that smell.?... Any ideas?

I don't want to damage the shoes either.

Is there a way to remove ink from a pen?
Ouch bro.

There a few ways to do it each being more risky to the shoe.

Least Risky (Pretty much Safe): Soap , water and a lot of elbow grease.

Somewhat Risky: Use rubbing alcohol of a q-tip then scrub or apply directly to the shoe (wouldn't recommend direct application unless your extremely careful) 

Pretty Risky: Apparently oxy-clean is really good for stains like these but I've never tried it so it may **** up your shoe even more.

YOLO: WD-40/Hair Spray, read a thread about these on some other forums and some dude swore by this for marker stains but I doubt it. 

Or you could strip and repaint if nothing else works. 

If you decide to clean it using one of these methods remember to completely dry off the shoe after your done cleaning for the best cleaning/drying results. 

I bought a DS pair of Cool Grey 3's and have been having issues with the way they smell. Now when I say smell I mean reek, as if they have been in an old basement or in a house that cooks a lot of curry.... This seems odd but it's been bothering the hell out of me for a couple days. I don't know how to get rid of that smell.?... Any ideas?

Sneakerballs work pretty well http://www.holabirdsports.com/sneak..._Product_Ads&gclid=CKPBkvaewrcCFSjZQgodkQwAVQ  to remove odors, if it smells as bad as you say it does you might want to put more than one, but be careful with them so you don't mess with your shoe.

Febreeze?

I use laundry sheets to help give it the fresh essence; start off by stuffing some of it into your toebox and grab another sheet and fold it in a way that it puffs upwards towards the sides. Basically like this inside of the shoe \__/ and that way my shoes seems to smell fresh all around at all times. 

I used to stuff the toebox with some paper wadded into a ball and the outer layer would be a laundry sheet rubberband it around the paper wad. But if it reeks so bad, I suggest getting a sandwich bag, fill some baking soda in that sucka and plop into your shoe. It will help with smell and wont make a mess. Gluck

Last edited:
I brought a pair KD 5s yesterday for my outdoor basketball tournament today. Its was about 92 degrees and the park was just re paved a week ago, so now the bottom of my sneakers have tar on them :smh: .. is there ANY way I can save these? Only a day old, I would hate to have too trash them .. any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

I can't find the inner booties for the jordan 2012. I don't like the volt inner booties. Is there a sure fire way to dye these inner booties? It would be my first time so I wouldn't want to screw it up. I would like to die them grey or white. Last time I tried to do dye a T-shirt years ago.....it did not come out right

Back
Top Bottom