:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I can't find the inner booties for the jordan 2012. I don't like the volt inner booties. Is there a sure fire way to dye these inner booties? It would be my first time so I wouldn't want to screw it up. I would like to die them grey or white. Last time I tried to do dye a T-shirt years ago.....it did not come out right
dying something thats going to have constant friction and sweat on it = bad idea

I'd say they were 9.5 given the age of the shoe.

You can clean them with some Lincoln ez cleaner.

In regards to the sneaker shields discussion...I modified the plastic shoe trees that came with my cg xis and used em for years...they r super sturdy n work extremely well. I did have to cut em on the side(for pinky toe) cuz my wide feet. Lol

could I use Lincoln ez cleaner on durabuck? Wanna clean up my cdp 4s. there still nice and dark though and I don't want to make them ashy

I have some all white air max's that I really need to clean.  Can anyone tell me the best product to use for this?  Also is it a bad idea to put them in the washing machine?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm probably late about this company, but has anybody tried these yet ? me personally probably wouldn't go this far and use these,  but you never know.. they could work well.. i know people have been making these for a minute on there own.. i was just curious on how these particular ones worked  

Last edited:
I brought a pair KD 5s yesterday for my outdoor basketball tournament today. Its was about 92 degrees and the park was just re paved a week ago, so now the bottom of my sneakers have tar on them :smh: .. is there ANY way I can save these? Only a day old, I would hate to have too trash them .. any help will be greatly appreciated thanks!

Pics?

I'd say they were 9.5 given the age of the shoe.

You can clean them with some Lincoln ez cleaner.

Rly? I'd give em an 8 at most

could I use Lincoln ez cleaner on durabuck? Wanna clean up my cdp 4s. there still nice and dark though and I don't want to make them ashy

Yeah u can.. I did on my 06 metallics and they were fine

Been working on my anni Xi lately - pics dont show it much but the uppers had yellowed a lot in just a couple a years

ALso got a pair of fire red Vs from 99 recently - working them up a bit but they not too bad for the age:

I'm probably late about this company, but has anybody tried these yet ? me personally probably wouldn't go this far and use these,  but you never know.. they could work well.. i know people have been making these for a minute on there own.. i was just curious on how these particular ones worked  
I was watching some of their other videos and user submitted pics, it's laser cut to sit on the sole and cover the entire surface area and the main difference is that this protector has traction rather than the other homemade ones, which tend to be more slippery and more squeaky from what I've read. I was thinking of grabbing a set for my grape soles as well. If you do decide to grab one, I believe this coupon code still works- "beclean15" 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Great forum glad I finally joined. Had a love for sneakers since a kid and been interested in restoration for a while lots of good advice here! I am working on my 2001 varsity red low 11s first, I have whitened the mesh using a combo of jason markk and pix clean and I am planning to clear up the soles with indoor sessions! lookin forward to showing more results

Oh and those are the same laces!

Last edited:
Anybody have a solution to fading nubuck? It's pissing me off that there's a spot on my shoes that is faded and the other parts arebts

for anything durabuck, nubuck, or suede, I only use the Lincoln e-z cleaner. Well worth the money, lasts for many uses. It won't make the shoes ashy in look.

Great forum glad I finally joined. Had a love for sneakers since a kid and been interested in restoration for a while lots of good advice here! I am working on my 2001 varsity red low 11s first, I have whitened the mesh using a combo of jason markk and pix clean and I am planning to clear up the soles with indoor sessions! lookin forward to showing more results

Oh and those are the same laces!

Nice job on those 11s! :smile:

Been working on my anni Xi lately - pics dont show it much but the uppers had yellowed a lot in just a couple a years

After much work and some time in the sun I managed to get em back looking DS, I wear these during summer months only and sitting in the box over the winter takes it toll. The upper on my DS concords already starting to yellow!

Just copped some '03 Retro 11 Lows. I would say they're in decent condition to be that old and to have been previously worn. I need some tips/advice for cleaning them up. I took the laces out and they're being cleaned.

I want to know how to get rid of the discoloration, if possible. It's not that grey color, but more of a dingy yellowish color.

Just copped some '03 Retro 11 Lows. I would say they're in decent condition to be that old and to have been previously worn. I need some tips/advice for cleaning them up. I took the laces out and they're being cleaned.

I want to know how to get rid of the discoloration, if possible. It's not that grey color, but more of a dingy yellowish color.

if they were mine i would get a good amount of Oxyclean and hot water and dissolve a good amount of oxyclean in the water and get a toothbrush and work it into them, or if you have a big enough bucket or casserole dish i would soak the entire shoe in the oxyclean for about 30 minutes then either throw them in the washing machine or wash them somehow well enough to get all of the Oxy out of the shoe, i have done this with my white hats and shoes and it turns them back white everytime without fail. when you put them in the washer (if you do) put them in a pillow case and prefferably by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom