:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

All of it, the whole midsole. Obviously not the rubber parts though. Get it back down to a clean slate, a fresh palate. Don't chip it off, I think you're supposed to use acetone to get it off. Don't quote me on that, i'm not too sure about the acetone.

I've recently bought Safari AM95s and in need of cleaning tips for it. Any will help at all ! I'm not that new to cleaning, but I wanna know the do's and dont's of cleaning the materials of this shoe. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. If this is on the wrong section, Sorry ! 

2 sessions out of 5 on these 2001 varsity red low 11s
very pleased with the results so far

I been doing outside 30mins-1hr sessions for about 8 session and about 8 hours in all but I see little progress on these I feel liking I'm doing something wrong... Every time I retrobrite that whitish color goes on the soles but afterwards it then goes away is that suppose to happened and is that gooish thing suppose to be their?
I been using the salon care 40 vol with the oxi clean

How many hours per sessions?? And outside or outside method??

Indoor setup, 8hrs per session. have a fan cooling them as well soles stay cool whole time they sometimes get the least bit warm in the last hour but barely anything. great results so far

Last edited:
whats the secret sauce or what should i buy to restore soles on my shoes ? i know this questions been asked a million times but I keep seeing and hearing all these things

whats the secret sauce or what should i buy to restore soles on my shoes ? i know this questions been asked a million times but I keep seeing and hearing all these things
go to a beauty shop (sallys etc) and get some 40 hair volumizer (has high % peroxide so be carefull to not get it on your skin it may burn you) and then heat it up a little bit in the microwave (like 15 seconds) and then add Oxyclean and mix together. Some people put corn startch as a thickening agent so that it stays on the soles instead or running. then apply to your soles and use indoor or outdoor methods appropriately. its easy just try not to get it anywhere that you dont want ruined cuz that high % peroxide will mess up almost anything.

4 indoor sessions. left sole (after) right sole (before) think I'm gonna do one more session... hey everybody these originally released in 2001 with a kinda cloudy clear sole right? lookin all over net for a official Deadstock picture but I'm not sure if the one I found is. best one I seen here

Last edited:

4 indoor sessions. left sole (after) right sole (before) think I'm gonna do one more session... hey everybody these originally released in 2001 with a kinda cloudy clear sole right? lookin all over net for a official Deadstock picture but I'm not sure if the one I found is. best one I seen here
they were just like the concords/jams/columbias etc of that year but the thing is even DS pairs are cloudy now, id say yours are as good as they're gunna get and man you should be proud of them, they look amazing and its making me want to go get my setup done right now so i can revive some shoes and keep others looking icy. impressive job

take some side shots of them sitting on the ground so we can see how clear they look when on feet, oh and how sweet would that pair in mid top be?

Question, I picked up some LIDS water and stain repellent for my fitteds, but I ended up using it on my J's is this stuff ok to use on shoes? I haven't noticed any issues yet, but its only been a few days, will this stuff harm any materials on my shoes? I sprayed all my clear and white sole shoes, I did notice though on my low top 11 that it made the patient leather a lil less shiny? Any info will be much appreciated, would like to spray the whole collection if its safe.

^if you havent noticed any discoloration on the ones your already sprayed i think you are in the clear

No discoloration at all, but on my 11's it did dull the patient leather though, I tried cleaning it off but that **** is strong! Will not come off for ****! Guess I will have to wait for it to wear off

^yeah but with PL it doesnt need any protectant just clean it when its dirty and avoid scrapes and tears

Back
Top Bottom