:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Damn lol but it's same thing jus not clear right? the way the sole is separated I think it will be pretty easy glue (no hard to reach places) so I'm really jus wondering if it will hold same way as the clear?? I can be careful as to not get it on anything
yes ive used it on many shoes, just make sure you put enough but not too much lol its a pain but yeah it works amazingly and btw i used it on some 01 concord soles and it doesnt discolor that much but some people are picky and want the super expensive clear kind which only comes in big cans and is like 30 bucks, so if its not clear that tube Barge cement will work perfectly just let it set overnight and you'll be rockin those bad boys soon!

no picture or shoe name? personally i dont nor would i ever spray anything on my shoes, just clean them after each wear. its easier and water never hurt anything, especially leather.
These look too beautiful to just wear like this, I feel like I want to spray something on them to repel as much as possible or am I just dreaming? Should I just not use anything and then invest in Jason Marks to clean it after each use?

im guessing those are 88s but either way i have the 2011s and they actually stay pretty clean and the only thing you have to worry about is paint cracking and chipping (mine has very minimal) but keeping them clean is as easy as warm water and soap. I heard something about insoles that help with the cracking but im calling shinanigans on it but you never know.

@ chronicsneaker

I stand by the protector sprays from footlocker inc. stores. Will not hurt at all to give your 3s a spray down before un-ds'ing them, as the protector will repel accidently liquid contact. And yes, a cleaner (whichever you choose) is ideal to have.

I tried to get rid of the discoloration but nothing. Can anyone help me? Is there any way that the discoloration can be turned back to the original color?

just threw away my lebron 9 low USA...yellowed after 2 wears...tried barkeepers friend, rit, everything....dont ask me how they yellowed so quick...got em in july last year..by august looks like someone pissed on em...**** lebron

His shoes are made like total ****....the yellowing on these looks liek **** not "worn" like with Js

Last edited:
just threw away my lebron 9 low USA...yellowed after 2 wears...tried barkeepers friend, rit, everything....dont ask me how they yellowed so quick...got em in july last year..by august looks like someone pissed on em...**** lebron

His shoes are made like total ****....the yellowing on these looks liek **** not "worn" like with Js
Could have atleast donated them to charity or something instead of throwing them out. Im sure a homeless man wouldn't mind the yellowing...

Could have atleast donated them to charity or something instead of throwing them out. Im sure a homeless man wouldn't mind the yellowing...
thought about it the piss yellow would have matched the one on his newspaper floor...I usually donate all my shoes not these they were wrecked

A few weeks ago I copped a pair of Black Cement III's in damn near pristine condition for $135 (quite the steal). Unpopped air bubbles, heel tab completely intact, some creasing, but nothing major. The only problem is the yellowing. The midsole is pretty yellow, and also has a couple brown coffee-looking stains on it. Only on the inside of one shoe though, and only a few little drips. Now, I was just gonna repaint it, but something the dude said made me question that. He told me that the midsole on the 2001 retro wasn't originally painted white, and that the foam they used was just originally white, so they had no need to paint them. He said that paint them would cause them to "lose their authenticity" and devalue them. So I decided to consult Google.

But after a little bit of research, I still can't tell whether or not this is true. I found a few videos on Youtube of people painting them, but nothing all that conclusive. Just by looking at them, it could go either way. So were they originally painted or not? If no, will it actually devalue them to repaint them? Also, how do i get those brown stains out? All help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. On a side note, I read something about using teeth whitening gel to whiten them. Seems interesting, would that work?

^^^ once the paint cracks and chips pretty bad most people strip the rest of the paint off and repaint. You should read through this thread there's lots of get info in here, pretty much everything you need to know.

A few weeks ago I copped a pair of Black Cement III's in damn near pristine condition for $135 (quite the steal). Unpopped air bubbles, heel tab completely intact, some creasing, but nothing major. The only problem is the yellowing. The midsole is pretty yellow, and also has a couple brown coffee-looking stains on it. Only on the inside of one shoe though, and only a few little drips. Now, I was just gonna repaint it, but something the dude said made me question that. He told me that the midsole on the 2001 retro wasn't originally painted white, and that the foam they used was just originally white, so they had no need to paint them. He said that paint them would cause them to "lose their authenticity" and devalue them. So I decided to consult Google.

But after a little bit of research, I still can't tell whether or not this is true. I found a few videos on Youtube of people painting them, but nothing all that conclusive. Just by looking at them, it could go either way. So were they originally painted or not? If no, will it actually devalue them to repaint them? Also, how do i get those brown stains out? All help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. On a side note, I read something about using teeth whitening gel to whiten them. Seems interesting, would that work?

I'm pretty sure the 2001's have a painted midsole. You don't want to use teeth whitening gel, that's mostly used on mid soles like on the I's. your best bet is to repaint them.

^^^ once the paint cracks and chips pretty bad most people strip the rest of the paint off and repaint. You should read through this thread there's lots of get info in here, pretty much everything you need to know.
I was on youtube and I saw a few guys who had ordered some paint and used a toothpick or paintbrush to paint over the cracks. I have cracks on the black on my Fire Red 4s and on the white part under its more severe. Lots of peelingg and cracks. What do you recommend?

Last edited:
do you HAVE to strip the paint off of the midsole before repainting it or can you just repaint the part that is chipped?

yup whitening gel will work, you might have to re-apply it several times but it work. As for devaluing the shoe i'm pretty sure re painting them won't devalue them, but just  to be safe don't repaint them if you plan on selling them.

Finally got my indoor setup up and running

do you HAVE to strip the paint off of the midsole before repainting it or can you just repaint the part that is chipped?

Yes you do.

Or else the layer under will continue to chip.. And thus chipping the top layer.

Edit: well i guess you don't HAVE to.. But will just chip again easily

Last edited:
I want anyone who's worked on 11's or restored them to take a look at this picture and tell me if they're repairable using a midsole/new sole from another shoe.  Can't even tell you what this guy did but I want to see if there's still hope.

I want anyone who's worked on 11's or restored them to take a look at this picture and tell me if they're repairable using a midsole/new sole from another shoe.  Can't even tell you what this guy did but I want to see if there's still hope.

Please tell what they did.

I don't even know, that's why I can't tell you guys LOL. I'm just looking at it and I see the sole is intact and just separated but it looks like he took a knife or something to remove the midsole part..

yup whitening gel will work, you might have to re-apply it several times but it work. As for devaluing the shoe i'm pretty sure re painting them won't devalue them, but just  to be safe don't repaint them if you plan on selling them.
I'm really getting mixed responses on the whitening gel.

Here is a picture of a spot on the heel where it looks like the paint might be wearing off:

Is that paint wearing off or dirt?

Also what about these brown stains? Is bleach a good idea?

I'm really getting mixed responses on the whitening gel.

Here is a picture of a spot on the heel where it looks like the paint might be wearing off:

Is that paint wearing off or dirt?

Also what about these brown stains? Is bleach a good idea?

Mr.Clean Magic Eraser really helped me clean stains on my kicks.

Back
Top Bottom