:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I always stick them right back in after wearing em.
It helps push everything back out
There's no way to fix suede/nubuck chipping.

U can dye it.

But I'd leave that completely alone.

Dying Jordans (suede/Nubuck) is extremely risky stay away from it, unless you don't care about the shoes.

So can someone explain to me how to paint these. Can I Paint over the chipping paint or should i strip all the midsole paint or just the part where is chipping? 

What was your process?
Just follow the intructions in this video and you should be good 

So can someone explain to me how to paint these. Can I Paint over the chipping paint or should i strip all the midsole paint or just the part where is chipping? 

No, you have to strip the paint, then repaint it. Painting over it isn't going to properly do it.

What was your process?
Just follow the intructions in this video and you should be good 

I think liquid bar keepers friend might be a better option.

Ok, does anyone have any experience cleaning off yellowing on the nubuck upper of cool grey XI's, specifically the '01 pair? I need some advice on that.

Only strip the white part of the midsole. Mask it off and paint it with 2 thin coats and you should be fine

I'm accepting more sole swap work. Let me know if you need a service provided. It's been a while since I posted here. Let me know through my email. You can reach me at manalorestorations@gmail.com

When you send me an email, please let me know where you saw my ad, send me detailed pictures of the flaws, and tell me specifically what you need done.

I am not accepting any sole clearing work.

Here are most of my swap work in a collage. If you need more credible photographs, let me know so I an attach more photo's to your email.

I can't do any customs or any sole clearing. Everything else just let me know.

Last edited:
I removed the jumpman from my Vegas 1s so here is the breakdown and surprisingly it is very easy but remember to take your time and since I have tried this a few times I have done most of the trial and error for you so here we go:

I got a brand new razorblade (straight edge like for a box cutter etc) and pretty much cut out a hole in the back of the shoe where the jumpman was so that their is a hole in the shape of a jumpman that isn't too deep but deep enough so you will get rid of all of the threads and also deep enough that you NEED to use a filler. For the filler I have a 15 minute hole filler (used for walls but works fine on the shoes) I put enough in the hole to fill it and go over a bit past the hole. then I went to Ace Hardware (you can go to any hardware store) and got a finishing sandpaper block ( high grit for finishing drywall sanding and the block because its much easier to hold a block rather than actual sand paper) and sanded the filler down so that it makes the heel seemless. Remember that if you sand it too much you can always just add more filler and sand again until you are satisfied with the outcome (no holes or divots as well) and after the heel is good enough in your opinion you are ready for paint. Now I have Angelus paint from turtlefeathers and I used the white color and mixed in a little black to make it match the off white color that the vegas has. I also put in duller so that the paint will not be shiny. Put multiple coats of the paint until you cant notice it is there. Now since it probably will never be 100% exact color match I typically paint the entire lower heel section where the jumpman is so that it blends better and is harder to tell you did anything. If you have any questions feel free to ask in PM.

My Bred 4s have so minor cracking in the midsole can I just paint that part or should I wait for them to crack more?

My kobe 8 Christmas has a blue like stain on the green sole is there a way to take it off?

I started repainting my true blues today and I found that blue with a few drops of white just wasn't cutting it. Not for the 2009 release at least. I added some black and got the a spot on shade. It looks darker in the pic than it actually is.

When those of you who suggest "soap and water" as a general means of cleaning the shoe, what kind of soap specifically are you referring to?  There are many kinds out there, and won't some of them be damaging to the shoe?

^ I use plain white Ivory brand bar soap. Get a cup of hot water, dip the toothbrush in it, scrub the bar, and then clean the shoe with it. Then rinse with a fresh toothbrush and wipe dry.

magic eraser works wonders. for any one who has dirt on shoes or stain, i recommend it only like a buck.

also anyone have ever cleaned or has any info on how to clean the netting on jordan 4. my pair look yellow. any tips will be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom