:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Just dropped my '00 space jams off to a shoe repairer, he said he could do it, he probabaly thought I was crazy as a questioned his technique of how he was planning on doing it :lol:

I feel like I just dropped my kid off with a complete stranger :rofl:

Laughing but not laughing

pics of how it turns out. I might actually go this route. Not having time for my project is driving me crazy.

I will definitely post pics, dude said I can get em back in 2 days, honestly though, he charged me $11 for the job, which (assuming he does the job right) is really good considering I would have had to spend at least that much on the glue alone, and even then do it myself.

It;s just that I'm not doing it, so it's heavy on my mind how they'll look when I see them next :lol:

Last edited:
Just dropped my '00 space jams off to a shoe repairer, he said he could do it, he probabaly thought I was crazy as a questioned his technique of how he was planning on doing it :lol:

I feel like I just dropped my kid off with a complete stranger :rofl:

Laughing but not laughing

pics of how it turns out. I might actually go this route. Not having time for my project is driving me crazy.

I will definitely post pics, dude said I can get em back in 2 days, honestly though, he charged me $11 for the job, which (assuming he does the job right) is really good considering I would have had to spend at least that much on the glue alone, and even then do it myself.

It;s just that I'm not doing it, so it's heavy on my mind how they'll look when I see them next :lol:

Exactly. It's the point of doing it. I trust a shoe shop. They do glue all the time, I would just explain to them that I don't want glue showing when it dries on clear outsoles.

Exactly. It's the point of doing it. I trust a shoe shop. They do glue all the time, I would just explain to them that I don't want glue showing when it dries on clear outsoles.

I didn't have any sole separation, just some spots on the midsole, when I was talking to him I just made it clear I wanted it to be as clean as possible, he pointed out the factory glue lines and said it would be exactly like that, which is obviously no issue.

In your case i'd be a bit more specific if you take yours to a shop, because who knows what they would use for translucent soles.

I didn't have any sole separation, just some spots on the midsole, when I was talking to him I just made it clear I wanted it to be as clean as possible, he pointed out the factory glue lines and said it would be exactly like that, which is obviously no issue.

In your case i'd be a bit more specific if you take yours to a shop, because who knows what they would use for translucent soles.

True. I'll do them myself first. If there is an issue after and it doesn't stick then I'll take them to a shoe shop

True. I'll do them myself first. If there is an issue after and it doesn't stick then I'll take them to a shoe shop

may as well, I guess you'll be using that barge cement or whatever it is :lol: I know more glues from the states then I do in my own country haha

may as well, I guess you'll be using that barge cement or whatever it is :lol: I know more glues from the states then I do in my own country haha

I'm using E6000, from what I've heard, barge cement turns brown once it dries. Can't have that.

usually... but I hope they prove me wrong...

Are you getting the 00jams reglue from sole seperations? If so wha kind of glue can u get to use for 11 bucks? Thanks

Are you getting the 00jams reglue from sole seperations? If so wha kind of glue can u get to use for 11 bucks? Thanks

not from sole separation, just midsole, and I was saying I would of bought that E-6000 stuff, which is like $20 if I wanted to get it.

If i were you guys i would tell the guy when i drop them off that if there is glue showing when it is done you will not be paying for the job, it is so easy to clean off the excess but some places are lazy and i bet for $11 he isnt going to treat your shoes the way you would, just my 2 pennies thats why i do my own work "Trust no one"

simple question.
just bustin balls, but what are you trying to do? keep them from yellowing? if so you can only slow it down yellowing is going to happen and if you sarran wrap or put them in ziplock bags you might mess them up worse. ive had many XIs and such and if you clean them after every wear you should be fine.

How do you guys store your DS SHOES? anyone use ceramic wrap for their DS shoes?

I tell everyone that saran wrap is a bad idea. All saran wrap does is dry out your shoe over time. If you wait a real long time before wearing them, they will disinegrate right before your eyes and you'll have wasted your money. Don't saran wrap your kicks kids. Want to preserve them over time? Leave them as you bought them until you decided to wear them. Then you clean the shoe (even the outsole) after every wear. Simple, yet effective method.

Yeah sealing your shoes up in anything is a bad idea imo. Especially that vacuum sealed plastic that you see shoes wrapped up in on racks in some stores. Ziplocks and saran wrap aren't as bad since you can still take the shoes out to get some air, but I still wouldn't recommend it. The leather and other materials on shoes need to be exposed to air and even some moisture or else they'll dry up and be in terrible shape when the time comes for you to wear them. Just store them in the box in a dark place (pretty much the definition of a closet :lol:). I personally keep a plastic cup filled with silica gel packets on a shelf in my closet to get rid of the excess moisture, but some people even advise against that.

Another thing that I'd recommend for shoes that you're trying to stow away for awhile is to wear them every so often. Even if it's just for 10-15 minutes around the house. It'll get them used to bearing weight and flexing and bending.For example, a pair of Retro IVs from 1999 that are DS and have been sitting in a closet for the past 15 years has a MUCH higher chance of falling apart and crumbling upon wearing them compared to a pair that's been worn throughout the years (even if those wears were for just a few minutes around the house).

just bustin balls, but what are you trying to do? keep them from yellowing? if so you can only slow it down yellowing is going to happen and if you sarran wrap or put them in ziplock bags you might mess them up worse. ive had many XIs and such and if you clean them after every wear you should be fine.
lol yes i know you were! thanks for all the reply! greatly appreciate it! now gotta run home in unwrap all of my ds shoes lmfao.

Some of the black paint scraped off my toro 4 midsole. It doesn't look too bad but what is the best way for touching the midsole up. I don't want to fully repaint it, but just touch it up so it looks fresh. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks!

Some of the black paint scraped off my toro 4 midsole. It doesn't look too bad but what is the best way for touching the midsole up. I don't want to fully repaint it, but just touch it up so it looks fresh. What would be the best way to do this? Thanks!

Damn already? They just came out? Go with Angelus paint my friend...

Back
Top Bottom