:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Think I asked this question before, but can't find any responses but:

Best products to use for cleaning clear soles on shoes outside Sea Glow?  Also, the suede or at the very least the top layer is peeling off on these 2011 Black Metallics I own, any tips on how I can fix that?

I was thinking of just buying black suede dye to kind of cover it up, but not sure if it would even be worth the effort.

Any thoughts on fixing this?

If using jm then yes use the premium brush on upper. If using a spray cleaner just use a soft rag or old tee.

Do you guys take your insoles out to clean them and get the odor out?

Or you use something else?

I'm thinking about switching my socks to another brand something that's not as thick

Last edited:
I need someone to restore these for me. Somebody help me out a good restorer or the best.
@johnandrew13  

^ this man has a YT channel dedicated to restoring sneakers. he's great lol

what are the pros and cons of decreasing sneakers? might de-crease my 2013 chi 1's but i'm still skeptic about it 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
What does everyone use to pretect their kicks while wearing them? Jason markk repel, crep protect, angelus, or something else? Gonna break out my grinch 6s this holiday season for the first time

What does everyone use to pretect their kicks while wearing them? Jason markk repel, crep protect, angelus, or something else? Gonna break out my grinch 6s this holiday season for the first time
I use jason markk repel. Crep is trash, it left white spots on the two pairs I used it on so I threw all the cans away. Dont waste your money or crep. It will ruin your shoes.

I'm sure both of these issues have been talked about with the 11's but I can't find an actual post that talks about these issues.

Firstly, does anyone know how to repair the midsole issue? The midsole's look like they were rubbed up against something and it got damaged.

Also, does anyone know how to remove the creases from the patent leather on these? I bought these off of a friend for a steal but want to try to get them looking as best as possible before I wear them.

Anyone know a good waterproofer for the flax Air Force 1s that won't ruin/stain the material of the shoes?

[quote name="kcruzin" url="/t/15471/official-sneaker-care-maintenance-post-its-back/15150#pos"]Anyone know a good waterproofer for the flax Air Force 1s that won't ruin/stain the material of the shoes?
[/quote]

Do you mean the AF 1's Golden Wheat Flax QS that came out in 2012?

If yes, I sprayed mine after purchasing them on the day of release.

I either used a Footlocker or Champs branded water repellent .

Replacement plastic tabs are available, and the sole will completely separate. Get yourself some good barge cement, I use the green can.

Where do i find those tabs bro. I need some for a restore project i have

I got a pair of OG concord 11's. Can anyone point me where to buy replacement laces? I copped some from Ebay but had to get my money back because the width of the laces weren't exact to the factory lace even though it was stated in there listing. I was sent laces that resemble the same laces they use for the Penny 2's. I don't even feel right stepping out the house with these laces, kills the shoe for me. 

I'm looking for the thick rope laces, 54 inch any help is much appreciated. 

Angelusdirect.com and kingofsneakers.com

Do you guys take your insoles out to clean them and get the odor out?
Or you use something else?

I'm thinking about switching my socks to another brand something that's not as thick

Never in my life have I removed the insoles to clean or air them out. My logic is simple - they're shoes meant to be worn and get dirty.
Plus I'm the only one who sees the insole and smells it

Last edited:
I removed some paint from my 2016 Bred 1s while cleaning them.  What is the best way to fix this?  I have no experience restoring or painting shoes.

Where do i find those tabs bro. I need some for a restore project i have

ebay and instagram.. no direct links tho, ive just seen them in the past. im sure they are easy to find or someone else here can help

I removed some paint from my 2016 Bred 1s while cleaning them.  What is the best way to fix this?  I have no experience restoring or painting shoes.

This has been common with a lot of 1s. What products were you using? It happened on my royals when I used the FTL cleaning spray and a damp towel to clean. Now I just use Jason Markk and the premium brush on all my leather uppers and on some shoes the premium brush for midsole to not remove pain.

You can fix it with Angelus paint, but from that pic its not even noticeable. I wouldn't touch it and just proceed with caution in the future. Don't brush the shoes too hard when cleaning.

This has been common with a lot of 1s. What products were you using? It happened on my royals when I used the FTL cleaning spray and a damp towel to clean. Now I just use Jason Markk and the premium brush on all my leather uppers and on some shoes the premium brush for midsole to not remove pain.

You can fix it with Angelus paint, but from that pic its not even noticeable. I wouldn't touch it and just proceed with caution in the future. Don't brush the shoes too hard when cleaning.
It's a lot more noticeable in person.  Is there a specific color or mix of colors to touch it up with?

Back
Top Bottom