:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anybody have any suggestions on how to get a big glob of glue off the neoprene bootie on the huarache? Tried picking it off, but it’s kinda fraying the fabric.

Im sure its been answered already and i did go through a few pages but didnt find anything.....

What is the best way to clean shoe laces? Especially the flat white laces?
Also, what is the best way to clean the stitching on some all white Jordan 1s?

Thanks in advance guys.

Im sure its been answered already and i did go through a few pages but didnt find anything.....

What is the best way to clean shoe laces? Especially the flat white laces?
Also, what is the best way to clean the stitching on some all white Jordan 1s?

Thanks in advance guys.
As far as laces you can wash or soak them in oxyclean & water or some cleaning solution & water. I just buy new ones because they're fairly cheap. I bought extras so I don't have to deal with cleaning them. As far as the stitching I'd try a tide stick in a small area to see how well it whitens them. Those sticks work great.

laundry detergent , and water inside a water bottle. throw the laces in the water bottle and shake. Or you can just throw them in the wash and let them air dry.

Any tips to keep the pods on the playoff 13s clean?

My ****s stay getting dirty, should I paint them or something?

So I just picked up some 2008 AJ1.
What do you guys recommend me using for the leather?
Wipes or the actual conditioner?

I need to clean a pair of white cement fours from 2016 that are kinda beat. does anyone know how to repaint the backtabs(they kinda have different finish),unyellow the netting and remove the smears on the midsoles from the speckles?

Last edited:
So I just picked up some 2008 AJ1.
What do you guys recommend me using for the leather?
Wipes or the actual conditioner?
EnDust... Or any other type of leather cleaner. You can use leather conditioner after they are clean
Wipes dont really keep them clean for very long from my experiences.

I need to clean a pair of white cement fours from 2016 that are kinda beat. does anyone know how to repaint the backtabs(they kinda have different finish),unyellow the netting and remove the smears on the midsoles from the speckles?
Youtube shoe restoration on a pair of 4s. Midsoles, use rubber gum eraser. Unyellow, oxyclean.. As far as paint codes, I am sure youtube can help better than I can.

Any tips to keep the pods on the playoff 13s clean?

My ****s stay getting dirty, should I paint them or something?
a suede eraser works well for me. I also use it on maintenance cleaning on my midsoles. Just do not rub hard otherwise you could strip the paint. If they are older, try water and dishwashing soap first.

Youtube shoe restoration on a pair of 4s. Midsoles, use rubber gum eraser. Unyellow, oxyclean.. As far as paint codes, I am sure youtube can help better than I can.
I couldn't really find anything on specifically repainting the backtabs on youtube. thanks for the tip on the eraser tho, sounds like a great idea

I know this is a crapshoot, but is there anything I can do at all to fix the 2011 Boudreaux 7s grey suede area ? Like the whole front is starting to crease a lot and the suede is starting to peel off. It looks like you took a knife and scraped off some of the side off.

I barely wear this shoe and the grey areas are looking ****ed up.

I wanna keep wearing these.

a suede eraser works well for me. I also use it on maintenance cleaning on my midsoles. Just do not rub hard otherwise you could strip the paint. If they are older, try water and dishwashing soap first.

I couldn't really find anything on specifically repainting the backtabs on youtube. thanks for the tip on the eraser tho, sounds like a great idea

Cement 4s? Ill see if I can find it. Guess its a tech grey or they are mixing the paint. You may want to buy a few bottles of angelus paint in gray, or call them and ask. I am sure they have already been asked before since they pretty much make colors specifically for sneakers restorations.

Last edited:
I know this is a crapshoot, but is there anything I can do at all to fix the 2011 Boudreaux 7s grey suede area ? Like the whole front is starting to crease a lot and the suede is starting to peel off. It looks like you took a knife and scraped off some of the side off.

I barely wear this shoe and the grey areas are looking ****ed up.

I wanna keep wearing these.
Its not suede. Its durabuck. I did a typeout on durabuck a few pages back. Really nothing that can be done other than to wear them out before the durabuck falls apart.

Durabuck is Nikes patented "fake suede". Sadly synthetic materials do not withstand the test of time versus real suede or real leather. Since real suede doesnt peel off. It can get damaged but wont peel off like your describing.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to get a big glob of glue off the neoprene bootie on the huarache? Tried picking it off, but it’s kinda fraying the fabric.
A razor or pull it off with tweezers. just be careful. Honestly its one of those things that if you dont know what your doing, you can cause damage or make it worse.. So just do it at your own risk.

A pic would help.

Last edited:
Where can I go to have some 9 lows repaired the midsole just came loose on my 03s.
You should be able to do it yourself with barge cement. Otherwise buy barge cement and take it to a shoe repair and ask them to reglue it for you.

What's a good disinfectant to use to clean inside sneakers? Bought some bred 1's but they were used so wanted to clean them before wearing.
Laundry detergent and water. Just get in there and scrub. Dont use warm water.. use cold water.

Afterwards you can use some disinfecting spray or deodorizer spray.

A razor or pull it off with tweezers. just be careful. Honestly its one of those things that if you dont know what your doing, you can cause damage or make it worse.. So just do it at your own risk.

Thanks man. I was able to get it off with tweezers not long after i posted.

Hey Guys, anyone tried repairing this kind of issue?
50226205_1665374743564654_4899271170232156160_n.jpg
50668193_752766101761593_5754388288303529984_n.jpg

Hey Guys, anyone tried repairing this kind of issue?
50226205_1665374743564654_4899271170232156160_n.jpg
50668193_752766101761593_5754388288303529984_n.jpg
Ouch. I have had 3M crack on me like that. What material is on those De La High SBs. I have seen plenty of pairs but not up close. Cracking looks like plastic.

Depending on what the material is, you could carefully try applying some sealant based glue over it but my concern would not be that crack. Its that if you saw that, then there are possibly more cracks/damage that will follow. Do the other areas around the heel some brittle?

With most SBs, you can wear them forever due to the rubber midsole and the sole being stitched onto the shoe. With minimal care suede and leather will last quite a while (since the older sbs had mostly real leather and suede).

However I hate to say that since the de la highs had that special material on the heel - they were well past their wearable shelf life. Even if you were to repair the cracks, the pressure will be transferred to other areas which will crack. Id put them on the shelf as is or if you want to preserve them then repair the cracks and then put them on the shelf. Its a risk of wearing older shoes.

Youd have been lucky wearing them 3 years ago without them cracking. Let alone putting (what looks like a DS shoe) , an 8 DS year old shoe through its paces. Even an ND pair wouldnt keep up. The real way to preserve shoes is to wear them. I know it sounds odd. But its the truth. New materials turn brittle over long periods of time. Used/broken in materials last alot longer.

At some point they turn from a wearable product to eye candy, if your storing DS pairs. Not all shoes and materials are meant to withsrand the test of time - key is spotting which ones are versus arent.

Plastics, 3Ms, dry out and crack. Leather, suede can turn moldy. Synthetics peel off. Glue deteroriates. Foam crumbles. Air Bubbles deflate. Rubber lasts the longest but even that will discolor. Mesh is a safe material but whens the last time you seen a fully mesh shoe. Even stitching looses its strength and comes undone , sometimes.

A huge issue with plastics (think backtabs on 3s and 4s), is its the first thing to crack or break off. And I say plastics (bc it could be anything per say, for sake of discussion) I am referring to the quality of the material and its proneness the material becoming brittle as it ages and cracks...

For me, I would use that perspective when deciding to wear vs store DS shoes. If it can crack or peel off then wear it. If it can crumble, or deflate and your okay with maybe doing a sole swap later , then store it.

There are very few shoes, I can only think of 5 off the top of my head that you can store 10-15 years (carefree with no maintenance) and rock out and wear without having to do work to them. And even then they may need to be touched up or repainted.

At the end of the day, they just shoes. They are worth as much as you paid for them, so hopefully its not a new pickup for you. I wouldnt wear them anymore unless you want to just turn em into beaters.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom