:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Rainy 4th of July...

20190705_061620.jpg

After a little soap and water

20190705_074604.jpg

Love 11s

Not sure if posted; anyone have problems with patent leather of 11s bleeding into the white mesh, if so what can I use to brighten it/remove discoloration; would Rit work ?

Yep.. Tried the Dap stuff. It's trash. Stick with the good stuff y'all..
yeah. Its not too expensive.. and youll always have some on hand.. If your not comfortable doing it yourself, buy cement barge and take it a shoe repair to have them do for you.. Its the only stuff that works.

I didn't use any more dish soap after you told me not to bro, they looked just like this when I first wrote in. I tried dove and then I just tried plain water. I didn’t have any oxiclean or clear detergent at the time. I thought the dove soap wouldn’t do anything.

If the laces are frayed, should I just buy new ones?

Yeah the dish soap was blue, I will try dabbing it and seeing if bubbles come out, Appreciate the help bro.

Edit** so some stains are lighter, but when I brushed the stains with water, there were no bubbles.

Before when I brushed the stains, they would go away, but come back hours later. Then I did the water and dab thing and the stains are lighter, so that’s good.

So, when I use the “all” detergent, is it the free and clear bottle you’re talking about? And do I use the white revive oxi that’s shown in an earlier post? Oxiclean is supposed to come off quick right? I ask because I used oxiclean on a shirt I had and I think it made a hole in my shirt because I let it sit too long.

How am I supposed to clean the shoes with the detergent? Am I just brushing the shoes like regular?

I'd like some tips on removing smells too because before I put the question up on here on how to fix it, I was brushing them shoes all day like a mad man trying to get them stains out and that left the shoes very wet and I know they’ll smell now.

Lesson learned, never use dish soap as a main cleaner, especially on mesh.

*update* so the sides have gotten lighter, and the tongue had no stain and now it’s forming a stain as it’s drying.
try all detergent (yes thats the right one) first. If you dont get results then oxiclean.

You can use dishwashing soap on mesh, if you have an oil stain.. But the dye they use and the soap being so concentrated is what leaves behind the soap stains. From the color, the stain looked like dish soap.

I got a feelin that the all detergent should do the trick for you.

Yeah, Id get new laces.. If you dont want to, take a small pair of grooming scissors and you can carefully "cut" the fray off. Youll need to do this when they are dry.

oxiclea and laundry detergent are safe, but dilute it as much as possible with water. They are concentrated soaps , but not as concentrated as dish soap.

the reason I wouldnt do oxiclean first, is that it may do the job too well. It may make the stained area "whiter" than the rest of the shoe when your using it for "spot cleaning". For oxiclean, Id use it for a full cleaning, not spot cleaning unless if necessary.

yeah man trust me Ive been in your shoes man. Ive messed up more pairs cleaning them sometimes making the situation worse, and trying to figure out what works. Ive figured out the hard way what works and what doesnt.. And what stains are worth cleaning and what youll need to leave alone and live with.

In this case you should be good.

Iif you end up having to use oxiclean and it whitens the spot too much after it dries.. Its okay.. Youll just need to clean the entire shoe with it.

One of the most important things is to be patient when cleaning shoes.. You may need to repeat the process a few times.. That is normal. Sometimes stains dont clear up the first go, and e.g. - they get lighter.. and no matter how hard you scrub, it wont matter. It just keeps getting lighter every cleaning cycle until it goes away. So just keep repeating the process your using (because it is working) - a few times until the point the cleaning method no longer shows anymore visible results on the stain before jumping to something else.

Start simple with cleaning and use the safest methods first and save the strongest cleaners (e.g.. oxiclean , dishsoap, jason mark, bleach or whatever) as "last resorts". So for example, if its suede - Ill use a suede eraser first.. If its leather, Ill use a leather wipe or endust first. If its mesh, I dab it with water first. Ill do it a few times (especially if its producing some results before I move onto something stronger.)

Last edited:
I didn't use any more dish soap after you told me not to bro, they looked just like this when I first wrote in. I tried dove and then I just tried plain water. I didn’t have any oxiclean or clear detergent at the time. I thought the dove soap wouldn’t do anything.

If the laces are frayed, should I just buy new ones?

Yeah the dish soap was blue, I will try dabbing it and seeing if bubbles come out, Appreciate the help bro.

Edit** so some stains are lighter, but when I brushed the stains with water, there were no bubbles.

Before when I brushed the stains, they would go away, but come back hours later. Then I did the water and dab thing and the stains are lighter, so that’s good.

So, when I use the “all” detergent, is it the free and clear bottle you’re talking about? And do I use the white revive oxi that’s shown in an earlier post? Oxiclean is supposed to come off quick right? I ask because I used oxiclean on a shirt I had and I think it made a hole in my shirt because I let it sit too long.

How am I supposed to clean the shoes with the detergent? Am I just brushing the shoes like regular?

I'd like some tips on removing smells too because before I put the question up on here on how to fix it, I was brushing them shoes all day like a mad man trying to get them stains out and that left the shoes very wet and I know they’ll smell now.

Lesson learned, never use dish soap as a main cleaner, especially on mesh.

*update* so the sides have gotten lighter, and the tongue had no stain and now it’s forming a stain as it’s drying.

I updated what I just wrote for you..

try all detergent (yes thats the right one) first. If you dont get results then oxiclean.

You can use dishwashing soap on mesh, if you have an oil stain.. But the dye they use and the soap being so concentrated is what leaves behind the soap stains. From the color, the stain looked like dish soap.

I got a feelin that the all detergent should do the trick for you.

Yeah, Id get new laces.. If you dont want to, take a small pair of grooming scissors and you can carefully "cut" the fray off. Youll need to do this when they are dry.

oxiclea and laundry detergent are safe, but dilute it as much as possible with water. They are concentrated soaps , but not as concentrated as dish soap.

the reason I wouldnt do oxiclean first, is that it may do the job too well. It may make the stained area "whiter" than the rest of the shoe when your using it for "spot cleaning". For oxiclean, Id use it for a full cleaning, not spot cleaning unless if necessary.

yeah man trust me Ive been in your shoes man. Ive messed up more pairs cleaning them sometimes making the situation worse, and trying to figure out what works. Ive figured out the hard way what works and what doesnt.. And what stains are worth cleaning and what youll need to leave alone and live with.

In this case you should be good.

Iif you end up having to use oxiclean and it whitens the spot too much after it dries.. Its okay.. Youll just need to clean the entire shoe with it.

One of the most important things is to be patient when cleaning shoes.. You may need to repeat the process a few times.. That is normal. Sometimes stains dont clear up the first go, and e.g. - they get lighter.. and no matter how hard you scrub, it wont matter. It just keeps getting lighter every cleaning cycle until it goes away. So just keep repeating the process your using (because it is working) - a few times until the point the cleaning method no longer shows anymore visible results on the stain before jumping to something else.

So it’s starting to look a lot better!! I’m glad I asked you because I was going to try to sell them or play ball in them, I never seen this before so I didn’t know what to do.

All the water got my shoes so wet and smell like mildew, any tips on how to fix it?

Why does the dish soap turn brown tho? That’s so weird.

If I get all the spots cleaned with just plain water, should I still use all just to freshen them up or should I just leave them alone?

It’s crazy that you knew that this would work man, I was panicking so much because I like these shoes a lot, how you figure out cleaning it out with water would work? I never would have thought of that. I didn’t think it was dish soap, just something else.

This feels like a restoration to me lol this is my newest shoe too!!

I’ll update as the days go on, but It seems to be working, thanks my man!!

So it’s starting to look a lot better!! I’m glad I asked you because I was going to try to sell them or play ball in them, I never seen this before so I didn’t know what to do.

All the water got my shoes so wet and smell like mildew, any tips on how to fix it?

Why does the dish soap turn brown tho? That’s so weird.

If I get all the spots cleaned with just plain water, should I still use all just to freshen them up or should I just leave them alone?

It’s crazy that you knew that this would work man, I was panicking so much because I like these shoes a lot, how you figure out cleaning it out with water would work? I never would have thought of that. I didn’t think it was dish soap, just something else.

This feels like a restoration to me lol this is my newest shoe too!!

I’ll update as the days go on, but It seems to be working, thanks my man!!

Take the insoles out and wsdh them with laundry detergent. Spray the *insides* with lysol. If that dont work then clean the insides with cold water and laundry detergent. Dont use hot water as it can weaken the glue, e.g.- cause sole seperation

I could tell by the stain it was dish soap.. Ive been cleaning and rocking my sneakers for 15 years. whatever stain you can think of, Ive gotten and cleaned . Any type of stain from mustard, coke on suede to mesh, and etc. Pen ink on leather. Ive dealt with. The most bizzare **** would happen to me when Id wear my sneakers. Out of nowhere a gel ink pen would drop at rhe perfect angle and make a red line on my shoes. Or Id be cleaning a stain and next thing you the stain turns black suede white or ashy (hot steam works for that. it bleeds the color/dye off the surrounding area onto the ashy part.)

I collected sneakers to wear. And throughout that a big part of my effort went to cleaning and maintenance.. Trying to preserve them as best as possible.

Now a days, I dont really care if my shoes get dirty. I think it gives them character and a nice petina. But back then I was obssessive about keepin em clean and crispy.

Yeah just try not to panick. It can make things worse.

If you get the spots clean with water, leave em. Until the time comes and you want clean the entire shoe.

the stain turns brown because dish soap doesnt react well with the stain (its not a food stain), but I could see a colored hue on the stain, which reminded me of my experience of trying the same thing you did. Instead of cleaning the stain, it reacts with the color of the stain.

Same thing will happen if you put laundry detergent on a olive oil stain. It makes it worse than before and the stain gets "blotted" and bigger in size.

Whatever happens , I got you man. Ill try to help out as best as I can.. Just wait for me if you need me.. Sometimes I cant check niketalk as often

Last edited:
Take the insoles out and wsdh them with laundry detergent. Spray the *insides* with lysol. If that dont work then clean the insides with cold water and laundry detergent. Dont use hot water as it can weaken the glue, e.g.- cause sole seperation

I could tell by the stain it was dish soap.. Ive been cleaning and rocking my sneakers for 15 years. whatever stain you can think of, Ive gotten and cleaned . Any type of stain from mustard, coke on suede to mesh, and etc. Pen ink on leather. Ive dealt with. The most bizzare **** would happen to me when Id wear my sneakers. Out of nowhere a gel ink pen would drop at rhe perfect angle and make a red line on my shoes. Or Id be cleaning a stain and next thing you the stain turns black suede white or ashy (hot steam works for that. it bleeds the color/dye off the surrounding area onto the ashy part.)

I collected sneakers to wear. And throughout that a big part of my effort went to cleaning and maintenance.. Trying to preserve them as best as possible.

Now a days, I dont really care if my shoes get dirty. I think it gives them character and a nice petina. But back then I was obssessive about keepin em clean and crispy.

Yeah just try not to panick. It can make things worse.

If you get the spots clean with water, leave em. Until the time comes and you want clean the entire shoe.

the stain turns brown because dish soap doesnt react well with the stain (its not a food stain), but I could see a colored hue on the stain, which reminded me of my experience of trying the same thing you did. Instead of cleaning the stain, it reacts with the color of the stain.

Same thing will happen if you put laundry detergent on a olive oil stain. It makes it worse than before and the stain gets "blotted" and bigger in size.

Whatever happens , I got you man. Ill try to help out as best as I can.. Just wait for me if you need me.. Sometimes I cant check niketalk as often

It’s cool man, take your time, you saved me a pair of shoes really. I was gonna try to do that reshoevn8r laundry thing as a last ditch effort, but you helped me out.

I do have two quick questions tho.

If you need a pic I’ll send, but,

1. I have a brown stain on the 11s that I can’t get out at all, I have tried using oxiclean, shout, sneaker cleaner, etc. it will not come out. I will actually send a pic of this, maybe you can tell me what it is.

2. I have black jean stains on my red Ferrari 14s, they are suede so idk how I would clean them. How do you clean jean stains in general?

Thanks again bro

It’s cool man, take your time, you saved me a pair of shoes really. I was gonna try to do that reshoevn8r laundry thing as a last ditch effort, but you helped me out.

1. I have a brown stain on the 11s that I can’t get out at all, I have tried using oxiclean, shout, sneaker cleaner, etc. it will not come out. I will actually send a pic of this, maybe you can tell me what it is.

2. I have black jean stains on my red Ferrari 14s, they are suede so idk how I would clean them. How do you clean jean stains in general?

Thanks again bro
let me see pics of both

Thanks again bro

its not necessarily a set method depending on the stain.. More depends on the material it is stained on and the color of the stain right now - if we are talking about jeans... how inky the jean stain is, what color it is, and etc. There are many many types of leather, suede, dyes, different types of mesh and fabrics even.. What works on mesh, may not work on leather or suede. What works on New Balance Suede may not work on Nike suede, or even the same model of shoe , different years.

You dont cuff or prewash your jeans to prevent bleeding? Lol I know its against policy to prewash good raw or selvedge denim.. I usually cuff mine, and I wont wear those jeans in situations I know I am going to sweat or be around humidity. I know people who refuse to wash denim. But since good denim usually has ALOT of left over excess dye (i.e. what the jeans dont soak up naturally) - it washes away the excess dye after a few wash cycles . But I never throw my jeans in the dryer. I know for some denim heads, washing them before they are broken in properly - would be a no-no.

I am sure I can help you get the jean stain out. I had plenty of jean bleeding on suede that I have been able to remove..

I WOULD never throw my shoes in the washing machine, ever. I think that stuff is a scam. Unless its a pair of beaters that I have no feeling for at all. I probably still wouldnt throw them in the washing machine. Water does not mix well with leather. So keeping it to minimal use is key.

Last edited:
feelingood feelingood

Here the pics bro, also I got some Angelus red dye for my 14s, is that the right red? You think these need a re-dye? I also included pics of the 11s to show how they looked after I cleaned them an hour or two ago.

The 11s look like they lost their whiteness, but I hope that it’s just because it’s damp.

Attachments

• CC26FB7C-F733-46F7-9905-7EC9B91F3DD6.jpeg
    CC26FB7C-F733-46F7-9905-7EC9B91F3DD6.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 14
  • 6D90442A-9135-4022-9F96-4F9F33A08288.jpeg
    6D90442A-9135-4022-9F96-4F9F33A08288.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2C61BFCF-F8DA-4239-B75B-43F4D0A6946A.jpeg
    2C61BFCF-F8DA-4239-B75B-43F4D0A6946A.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 15
  • EAB873FF-49BE-49C0-91CD-70EFB9F4F09A.jpeg
    EAB873FF-49BE-49C0-91CD-70EFB9F4F09A.jpeg
    322.8 KB · Views: 16
  • E77DEDE5-5D65-44AA-AE4A-907A3FCAE506.jpeg
    E77DEDE5-5D65-44AA-AE4A-907A3FCAE506.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 933ADE0A-7745-4094-A15D-6151ED65469D.jpeg
    933ADE0A-7745-4094-A15D-6151ED65469D.jpeg
    138.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 5D901B94-06DC-45A4-B63D-BC694864A09E.jpeg
    5D901B94-06DC-45A4-B63D-BC694864A09E.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 417A3BBA-084B-41EF-93E0-3ECA057ED3C4.jpeg
    417A3BBA-084B-41EF-93E0-3ECA057ED3C4.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 16
its not necessarily a set method depending on the stain.. More depends on the material it is stained on and the color of the stain right now - if we are talking about jeans... how inky the jean stain is, what color it is, and etc. There are many many types of leather, suede, dyes, different types of mesh and fabrics even.. What works on mesh, may not work on leather or suede. What works on New Balance Suede may not work on Nike suede, or even the same model of shoe , different years.

You dont cuff or prewash your jeans to prevent bleeding? Lol I know its against policy to prewash good raw or selvedge denim.. I usually cuff mine, and I wont wear those jeans in situations I know I am going to sweat or be around humidity. I know people who refuse to wash denim. But since good denim usually has ALOT of left over excess dye (i.e. what the jeans dont soak up naturally) - it washes away the excess dye after a few wash cycles . But I never throw my jeans in the dryer. I know for some denim heads, washing them before they are broken in properly - would be a no-no.

I am sure I can help you get the jean stain out. I had plenty of jean bleeding on suede that I have been able to remove..

I WOULD never throw my shoes in the washing machine, ever. I think that stuff is a scam. Unless its a pair of beaters that I have no feeling for at all. I probably still wouldnt throw them in the washing machine. Water does not mix well with leather. So keeping it to minimal use is key.

Lol the jean stains weren’t really that bad, but I wanted my shoes clean.

I cuffed my jeans and they didn’t really leave a lot of black, but when I wear shorts I want them ****s fresh lol.

Glad you told me not to put them in the washing machine, reshovn8r does it all the time, I thought that was my only hope. That’s why it’s good to get a second opinion lol. I’m glad you replied as fast as you did, I was gonna wait anyway because I’d rather get advice from you because you know your ****.

So don’t throw your jeans into the dryer, got ya.

Glad I could save the shoes.

Lol the jean stains weren’t really that bad, but I wanted my shoes clean.

I cuffed my jeans and they didn’t really leave a lot of black, but when I wear shorts I want them ****s fresh lol.

Glad you told me not to put them in the washing machine, reshovn8r does it all the time, I thought that was my only hope. That’s why it’s good to get a second opinion lol. I’m glad you replied as fast as you did, I was gonna wait anyway because I’d rather get advice from you because you know your ****.

So don’t throw your jeans into the dryer, got ya.

Glad I could save the shoes.
For the 14s.. Grab some Suede Cleaner Spray. Do a couple cycles.. Dont soak em. Hold the can 6 inches and spray a coat.. Let them dry outside and spray again.. Dont brush em or anything. Its chemicals in the spray that start dissolving the stain.

You tried the all detergent.. And oxyclean (the one I took a pic up there of.. nothing worked? Do you happen to know what kind of stain it is? Food? Dirt/Mud?

Yeah dont listen to those guys. Throwing shoes in a washing machine is never a good idea. I always suspected those videos to be fake. And their "cleaning" videos I think are setup/fake as well. I just dont buy it. Its the same type of cleaner (no matter what brand it is). Theres some things it will do and some things it wont do. Only way Id wash a pair of shoes, is if I found a pair of filthy disgustinf o.g.s and I was gonna do heavy work in restoring them.

Lol I wash my jeans. Not gonna deal with bleeding and its way too hot in Atlanta to not wash anything after being outside for 15 minutes when its hot... they turned a pair of my expensive tan colored new balances, the tongue almost turned dark blue. Yeah some of my jeans bleed too even if they are cuffed.. I just try to cuff them a bit high so they dont touch my shoes when I am walking.

For the 14s.. Grab some Suede Cleaner Spray. Do a couple cycles.. Dont soak em. Hold the can 6 inches and spray a coat.. Let them dry outside and spray again.. Dont brush em or anything. Its chemicals in the spray that start dissolving the stain.

You tried the all detergent.. And oxyclean (the one I took a pic up there of.. nothing worked? Do you happen to know what kind of stain it is? Food? Dirt/Mud?

Yeah dont listen to those guys. Throwing shoes in a washing machine is never a good idea. I always suspected those videos to be fake. And their "cleaning" videos I think are setup/fake as well. I just dont buy it. Its the same type of cleaner (no matter what brand it is). Theres some things it will do and some things it wont do. Only way Id wash a pair of shoes, is if I found a pair of filthy disgustinf o.g.s and I was gonna do heavy work in restoring them.

Lol I wash my jeans. Not gonna deal with bleeding and its way too hot in Atlanta to not wash anything after being outside for 15 minutes when its hot... they turned a pair of my expensive tan colored new balances, the tongue almost turned dark blue. Yeah some of my jeans bleed too even if they are cuffed.. I just try to cuff them a bit high so they dont touch my shoes when I am walking.

Nah I didn’t get the all or oxi clean yet, should those be used on the stain?

I think it’s a dirt stain, but I can’t get this sucker out for nothing.

Do you think the 14s need a re-dye? What do you know about Angelus dye? Idk if it’s the same red.

Or do you think I should just use some mink oil and brush them?

You think they be scamming? Lol I’m glad I didn’t buy the laundry system, I would have been pissed if my ****s got ****ed up because of them!!

I know they tax like a mug for their products.

So their products are just laundry detergent then? Funny thing is I always thought detergent was way too strong for shoes, I thought dish soap was ok.

Nah I didn’t get the all or oxi clean yet, should those be used on the stain?

I think it’s a dirt stain, but I can’t get this sucker out for nothing.

Do you think the 14s need a re-dye? What do you know about Angelus dye? Idk if it’s the same red.

Or do you think I should just use some mink oil and brush them?

You think they be scamming? Lol I’m glad I didn’t buy the laundry system, I would have been pissed if my ****s got ****ed up because of them!!

I know they tax like a mug for their products.

So their products are just laundry detergent then? Funny thing is I always thought detergent was way too strong for shoes, I thought dish soap was ok.
More than likely that is all it is.

Yeah I would def put some laundry detergent and water on the 11s. Should clear them right up.. If they dont I know for a fact, that oxyclean cleans grass and dirt stains... As an alternative you could try those detergent wipes they sell for on the go cleaning. It would be safe to use, as well.

Dont think the 14s need a redye, unless youve exhausted your options. Id use a suede eraser first.. With the suede eraser, erase in one direction. Dont scrub back and forth. Then suede spray and see how it goes before you jump into heavier cleaning.. Suede doesnt like water, so dont try anything with water yet. Luckily if you wanted to paint, the angelus paint is really easy to find on the ferrari 14s.

vice versa. Especially with mesh, since its closer to fabric.. Dish soap will always leave behind water stains. Dish soap is a bit more heavy duty than laundry as it can remove oils (something laundry detergent cant). You ever put dish washer soap in the washet and see how much it bubbles up.. The stuff is way more concentrated than laundry detergent.

With suede, I would not use either.. Laundry or Dish soap are both bad... Same applies with good quality leather as well. There are specific products that are safe on leathers and suede. thats a whole different story. But with fabrics - if its an oil stain use dish washer soap. Everything else, laundry detergent and warm water and a tooth brush.. Thats how they been cleaning jordans since the 90s. Its a testiment to how well it works.

Luckily we got better products that can whiten , e.g. oxyclean.

Dish soap is way too strong. Really just good for mustard, ketchup, oil stains and etc. Which is stuff laundry detergent has a hard time removing sometimes. Dish soap isnt made to clean dirt, grass, mud, sweat, body fluids, and etc.

White wine vinegear you can use as well. But vinegear smell always bothered me. I have used it, but my results were 50/50. Wasnt as good as other peoples.

With suede, youll need a bottle of suede cleaner.. Id get the stuff at the super market thats specifically for suede.. I feel sometimes with jason mark, reshoevenator and etc - they sell weaker products so that they can push you their product line. Whereas I always use Kiwi Suede Cleaner and it basically cleans 95% of the stains on suede. I wouldnt buy stuff targeted specifically for "sneakers" as they charge alot more out of it and it doesnt necessarily perform much better anyways.

The kiwi spray is like 8 bucks per bottle. If you have a new balance store by you, stop there and pick up their spray.. Its like half the price, same thing. Just dont follow the instructions. Brush them first and use a suede eraser... Then spray.. Then dont touch them or brush them until they have fully dried. Takes about 15-30 minutes. Then spray again. What your looking for is a visible improvement. If it improves, it means just repeat the process and it will remove it after a few cycles. Do NOT soak them with the spray. Be patient and ready to do it a few times. If it doesnt improve at all, then we will need to try something new.

Also grab a bottle of suede protector spray. Youll want to spray your new shoes. It seals the suede and prevents stains and liquids absorbing deep into the suede ( which is why suede is hard to clean). That way when you do get stains, they are much much much easier to clean.

Last edited:
More than likely that is all it is.

Yeah I would def put some laundry detergent and water on the 11s. Should clear them right up.. If they dont I know for a fact, that oxyclean cleans grass and dirt stains... As an alternative you could try those detergent wipes they sell for on the go cleaning. It would be safe to use, as well.

Dont think the 14s need a redye, unless youve exhausted your options. Id use a suede eraser first.. With the suede eraser, erase in one direction. Dont scrub back and forth. Then suede spray and see how it goes before you jump into heavier cleaning.. Suede doesnt like water, so dont try anything with water yet. Luckily if you wanted to paint, the angelus paint is really easy to find on the ferrari 14s.

vice versa. Especially with mesh, since its closer to fabric.. Dish soap will always leave behind water stains. Dish soap is a bit more heavy duty than laundry as it can remove oils (something laundry detergent cant). You ever put dish washer soap in the washet and see how much it bubbles up.. The stuff is way more concentrated than laundry detergent.

With suede, I would not use either.. Laundry or Dish soap are both bad... Same applies with good quality leather as well. There are specific products that are safe on leathers and suede. thats a whole different story. But with fabrics - if its an oil stain use dish washer soap. Everything else, laundry detergent and warm water and a tooth brush.. Thats how they been cleaning jordans since the 90s. Its a testiment to how well it works.

Luckily we got better products that can whiten , e.g. oxyclean.

Dish soap is way too strong. Really just good for mustard, ketchup, oil stains and etc. Which is stuff laundry detergent has a hard time removing sometimes. Dish soap isnt made to clean dirt, grass, mud, sweat, body fluids, and etc.

White wine vinegear you can use as well. But vinegear smell always bothered me. I have used it, but my results were 50/50. Wasnt as good as other peoples.

With suede, youll need a bottle of suede cleaner.. Id get the stuff at the super market thats specifically for suede.. I feel sometimes with jason mark, reshoevenator and etc - they sell weaker products so that they can push you their product line. Whereas I always use Kiwi Suede Cleaner and it basically cleans 95% of the stains on suede. I wouldnt buy stuff targeted specifically for "sneakers" as they charge alot more out of it and it doesnt necessarily perform much better anyways.

Wait, you can paint suede? I don’t have red paint I just got the dye. Idk if I read that wrong.

Also with oxiclean white revive, are you leaving that on for a certain amount of time or just cleaning with it then rinsing it off? You can only use oxiclean on white right?

Imma cop some of that kiwi stuff too.

Wait, you can paint suede? I don’t have red paint I just got the dye. Idk if I read that wrong.

Also with oxiclean white revive, are you leaving that on for a certain amount of time or just cleaning with it then rinsing it off? You can only use oxiclean on white right?

Imma cop some of that kiwi stuff too.
Thats what I mean. But you really do not want to do touch up dye or painting... If your going to dye , youll need to do the entire shoe.. both shoes***.The color wont match due to wear and age of the dye. Dye naturally changes color a bit over time. So even if use the same color code of dye on my shoes, that spot may not match color with the rest of the shoe.

Your brushing it in.. dilute it with warn water.. using a tooth brush is the way to go.. brush in a circlular fashion. You can leave it for a few minutes but I wouldnt.. Again, that spot may turn out whiter than the rest of your shoes if you let it sit.

Use laundry detergent first or the tide wipes on the go. you honestly may not even need to use oxy clean. Youd be suprised how well laundry detergent will do.. It will clean up 95% of the stains.. Now if my white shoes yellowed due to age.. I could use oxy clean to bring them back to white , as it is a whitener.. In that case, laundry detergent or any other soap wont do anything since yellowing is due to oxidation, hence "oxy clean". Or like a grass stain that has turned yellow and wont wash out.. Rule of thumb, if laundry detergent dont do it (and its not a oil based stain) - oxy clean will do it. Oxy clean should be safe on colors but I honestly have never needed to use it on colored shoes as they rarely turn yellow...

White shoes are the hardest to care for.. Grey is the easiest. Black and the other colors are inbetween..

i updated my last post., fyi.

Last edited:
Thats what I mean. But you really do not want to do touch up dye or painting... If your going to dye , youll need to do the entire shoe.. both shoes***.The color wont match due to wear and age of the dye. Dye naturally changes color a bit over time. So even if use the same color code of dye on my shoes, that spot may not match color with the rest of the shoe.

Your brushing it in.. dilute it with warn water.. using a tooth brush is the way to go.. brush in a circlular fashion. You can leave it for a few minutes but I wouldnt.. Again, that spot may turn out whiter than the rest of your shoes if you let it sit.

Use laundry detergent first or the tide wipes on the go. you honestly may not even need to use oxy clean. Youd be suprised how well laundry detergent will do.. It will clean up 95% of the stains.. Now if my white shoes yellowed due to age.. I could use oxy clean to bring them back to white , as it is a whitener.. In that case, laundry detergent or any other soap wont do anything since yellowing is due to oxidation, hence "oxy clean". Or like a grass stain that has turned yellow and wont wash out.. Rule of thumb, if laundry detergent dont do it (and its not a oil based stain) - oxy clean will do it. Oxy clean should be safe on colors but I honestly have never needed to use it on colored shoes as they rarely turn yellow...

White shoes are the hardest to care for.. Grey is the easiest. Black and the other colors are inbetween..

i updated my last post., fyi.

Appreciate all the detailed advice bro, most of this stuff I didn't know.

Do the 14s look like they need to be re-dyed at all?? I feel like they look ashy.

they

they look good to me.

Thanks again for the help man, was really pissed with the shoes, but it seems to have worked for the most part, I can see a little bit of the stains, very small, so now imma let them dry a little, clean the insides, cop some new laces, and rock them *****es.

Appreciate everything my man!!

Quick remedial question...I've got a pair of jordan 3 flips, I strictly use to mow the lawn. Today the sole separated and I would like to glue it back. I have no idea what kind of glue to use. Is it as simple as super glue or is there a special glue i need to purchase? Im not concerned at how it looks, but do want to keep the same level of comfort. Thanks!

Quick remedial question...I've got a pair of jordan 3 flips, I strictly use to mow the lawn. Today the sole separated and I would like to glue it back. I have no idea what kind of glue to use. Is it as simple as super glue or is there a special glue i need to purchase? Im not concerned at how it looks, but do want to keep the same level of comfort. Thanks!

I heard barge infinity cement is the way to go. I’d still wait for other replies tho.

barge cement.

feelingood feelingood

Would the all detergent speed up the process?

I keep using water and a brush and it’s coming out, but who knows how long it’ll take, it’s working but man is it annoying to see the stain gone, then hours later it just reappears.

Back
Top Bottom