:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Discussion in 'Jordan Brand' started by blazers21ntnp, Nov 13, 2007.

1. feelingood

feelingood

just one small one. dont overdo it with the silicia packs and I wouldnt use them with leather shoes... Suede is okay... But not full grain leathers.

Dont put it directly on the shoe.. Put the shoes in a plastic bag and the silicia packet on top of the bag.

2. TheEnricoG

TheEnricoG

3. TheEnricoG

TheEnricoG

Anyone know where I can get a replacement for the plastic wings logo for my patent AJ1 chicago?

4. tyisny

tyisny

Has anybody used the reshoevn8r Stain & water repellent? I copped yesterday but not sure if it will cause damage to kicks down the line.

5. JumpmanP

JumpmanP

6. JumpmanP

JumpmanP

Put them in the shoes in the box its good to prevent them from breaking down also storung themm properly and also wearung your shoes also helps keep your shoes brom breaking down and just keep up on maintnance clean them so often and store them away correctly wen not wearing platic bin containers but most important exposing the shoes to the elemts helps out alot for nettung you can use sole bright salone care 40 or any of them oxidizing creams and if there colored white just repaint them repainting and fixing your shoes is not ruining it i personally think its ok i dont mind of my soles are ****ed up im sole swap them cause i like wearing my shoes as long as there legit shoes and parts your good. And silica pack works wonders but if the shoe allready degrading your going to have to repmace it i seen a huy take out the degraded foam or cotton in the interrior and replaced the foam or cotton padding with fresh foam came out wonderful!!!!!! 15652038472441300698762.jpg

7. JumpmanP

JumpmanP

And i have alot of sneakers this is nothing and most of them are OGs that ive owned the shoes entire life and there good as you can see!!! I have shoes from 96 still in better condition then most guys 6 month old shoes lol.

8. feelingood

feelingood

it amazes me when people
    I dont trust it. All the videos I seen is promotional or marketing campaigns. You can google and see the damage it has caused on shoes.

My advice, it shoild be okay on suede or nubuck. Dont use on grain leathers.

Treat it as a low quality cleaner. The stuff at the grocery market, works better and is safer on yoir shoes.. Hell that stuff at grocery markets, e.g. Kiwi - has been around for 10-20 years. That silently says something loud to me.

One time I used "sneaker" cleaners it washed the dye right off the leather. I realized it was either a rip off or just not safe on shoes. Maybe if somebody is doing a restoration, its not a bad idea. Lol saves rwo steps.

tyisny likes this.
  9. tyisny

tyisny

I appreciate the answer G, has damage been caused by the repellent tho? I've heard bad things about the cleaner itself but i'm not sure about the repellent... quite honestly i would only be using it on suede/nubuck. there's really no need to coat leather IMO

10. sole ruler

sole ruler

Been preaching it in other threads but everyone that has older leather based shoes I highly recommend using Leather Honey to prolong (and to some extent restore) the longevity of the shoes. Here are pics of 85 1s and 90 5s I’ve been applying it too on a bi yearly basis since I’ve gotten them. The 5s although having a durabuck upper seems to take to the leather honey well for some reason (the upper is soft and malleable).
    57A95FA5-01E6-4079-8475-7A6A753D8F74.jpeg
    1FB3EE6D-1657-447A-B301-78CD88E93EDD.jpeg
    8CCDE10D-6006-45F6-BF48-6053AC63FC79.jpeg

nunya, JustSid and stick like this.
  11. Monked

Monked

Hey everyone, I’m new to the forum. I need some help with a pair of low Jordan 8s from 2003. They are in great shape, but the white plastic on the sides has yellowed, and I’ve noticed that the red and black stripes on the yellowed plastic smudge and come off when I rub the plastic. Does anyone have any suggestions on how treat this. Ideally, I’d like to be able to restore these 8s to their former glory. This would mean, de-yellowing the white, and doing something to prevent the other colors from smudging or coming off the plastic. Other then this, the sneakers are in great shape, barely worn. Thanks in advance.

12. Monked

Monked

Anyone out there?

13. Yxrdano

Yxrdano

Hey wassup guys? I’ve tried my best to find a solution, but I can’t seem to find a straight answer. This site treated me so well last time, I thought I’d try to see if y’all can help again. What’s the best way to remove creases or dimples out of patent leather 1s? Thank you so much!