:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by Souljaman22

can i soleswap og 4s with a 2006 4 midsole?
just making sure because i dont remember seeing anyone swap ogs, always the 99s

So are we talking about swapping midsole for midsole or a whole sole swap? If it's just a midsole swap it should work but don't hold me to it. Only way to find out is trying to get the midsole out of the og's in one piece and compare it to the donor midsole . You might have to trim the donor midsole to get a flush fit. I've only done 1 midsole swap on the '99 cement iv's with some flight '89s with mixed success.
midsole swap. can u post pics of your outcome?  and the midsole is dead on the ogs but i would hate to remove it and not be able to swap it out, it would be pretty much impossible for me to remove the og midsole in one peice

So are we talking about swapping midsole for midsole or a whole sole swap? If it's just a midsole swap it should work but don't hold me to it. Only way to find out is trying to get the midsole out of the og's in one piece and compare it to the donor midsole . You might have to trim the donor midsole to get a flush fit. I've only done 1 midsole swap on the '99 cement iv's with some flight '89s with mixed success.
midsole swap. can u post pics of your outcome?  and the midsole is dead on the ogs but i would hate to remove it and not be able to swap it out, it would be pretty much impossible for me to remove the og midsole in one peice

I would if I still had them in that condition. Wasn't too thrilled with the results because I used the midsole from some all white flight '89s and painted them to get the correct colors on them. Glue didn't hold up on them like I wanted it to. I used an epoxy glue on the midsole which sucked and started to come undone after some wears. So I just undid the midsole and decided to start from scratch again. Just got some dub zero's today in the cement colorway to be my new donors. With the og pair and the donor pair line them up on top of each other to compare size. You should be safe to swap it out. Make sure you have a sewing awl to stitch the front toe box and use barge cement for the glue. It works the best for midsoles and is the strongest yet flexible. Are you trying to midsole swap military's or fire reds? I ask because you said the donors were from '06.

I would if I still had them in that condition. Wasn't too thrilled with the results because I used the midsole from some all white flight '89s and painted them to get the correct colors on them. Glue didn't hold up on them like I wanted it to. I used an epoxy glue on the midsole which sucked and started to come undone after some wears. So I just undid the midsole and decided to start from scratch again. Just got some dub zero's today in the cement colorway to be my new donors. With the og pair and the donor pair line them up on top of each other to compare size. You should be safe to swap it out. Make sure you have a sewing awl to stitch the front toe box and use barge cement for the glue. It works the best for midsoles and is the strongest yet flexible. Are you trying to midsole swap military's or fire reds? I ask because you said the donors were from '06.

Pures. I'm pretty sure there from 06. I could be wrong though. And the shoe I'm trying to restore is og black cements if it matters

is there anyway I can clean the olympic 7s that came out in 2005 i believe and also the love of the game 7s. just 
the front tip it turns yellow and I was wondering if it is possible to get it white again?

thrilla11 wrote:
Originally Posted by FRAG

Copped a pair of DS 2001 Black Cement 3s, problem is cracking and the missing pulltab on the back... Anyone know if that is fixable?
I hope you didn't pay too much because those look to be ready to be laid to rest. 

This is exactly why I never store my shoes with Silica packets. I swear silica is the NUMBER 1 reason so many peoples shoes have crumbled.

Unless these were stored in the Sahara, this kind of cracking is just not normal.   I would rather deal with natural yellowing than this.  If you properly store your shoes yellowing isnt even much of an issue. It is far more effective to control the climate of the closet, room, or storage locker you store your shoes in then the box itself. You live you learn, but its really a shame there are so few Nike-Air Js left in wearable condition because so many were stored with what was once believed to be the best thing to keep soles Icy, and midsoles white.

FRAG, As for repairing them... It would be one hell of alot of work but you could look for a pair of donor IIIs from the Nov.2011 Cement release for a midsole and heel tab swap then modify the heeltabs to Nike-Air following that guide posted somewhere here on NT.

Originally Posted by rooster1188

is there anyway I can clean the olympic 7s that came out in 2005 i believe and also the love of the game 7s. just 
the front tip it turns yellow and I was wondering if it is possible to get it white again?

Retro brite. Youtube it. its a homemade alternative to seaglo

What is it made of cause the dude on YouTube didn't say what it was

Its a mixture of cornstarch, oxiclean, and hydrogen peroxide. There a tutorial on youtube but I can't post it from my phone.And to the guy asking about his yellowing 04s, I assume your taking about 04 playoff 12s. Retro brite should work on them to

Its a mixture of cornstarch, oxiclean, and hydrogen peroxide. There a tutorial on youtube but I can't post it from my phone.And to the guy asking about his yellowing 04s, I assume your taking about 04 playoff 12s. Retro brite should work on them to

Sorry I was talking about my playoff 12's will this method harm the shoe in anyway..(only the jumpman clip yellowing)

Originally Posted by dezmond123

Sorry I was talking about my playoff 12's will this method harm the shoe in anyway..(only the jumpman clip yellowing)

I dont think so but I know that the jumpman clip on ogs sometimes crumble. Im not 100% because the only older 12s I have are og taxis. I would wait on more input

@armen, yes it can eat away the paint.

@CowColor the reason "there is so many types" is because they're intended for different jobs. It depends what your trying to clean or shine. Use some common sense, for leather use leather wipes etc...

*****RESTORATOR IN NEED OF HELP******

So I ran into a little problem that I have had only once before but my old solution did not work this time...

I was using irishbaz method of mixing 12% peroxide cream and seaglow together on two pairs. One pair (after indoor seaglowing) is really sticky, even though i washed with water and soap, it still is extremely sticky. It will grab my skin and can only imagine it'd pick up anything you walk on. This happened once before when using JUST seaglow and not peroxide cream, I just applied a fresh coat of seaglow, scrubbed then rinsed off and the stickiness or "conditioner" was gone. This time no such luck, it's still there. Can anyone help a fellow restorator?

NOTES: I did indoor seaglowing to the pair that is sticky, would this have anything to do with it?

Anybody got experience cleaning old durabuck? I got og black cement 4s and there is a little cracks in it. What can I use to condition it to keep it from cracking further?

Also to anybody that has done a midsole swap before. How can I remove the midsole from my donor 4s? I cant afford to buy a heat gun to only use once. I have a hair dryer but it took me 30 min to begin to see any seperation. Any other ways?

on the concord retro 11's how do you guys clean the mid soles... just below the leather? i have a minor stain cause i bought them second hand and i've tried alchohol and soap.. as well as magic eraser its almost gone but i want it out completely

quick question. my nephew was helping me separate the soles from some pure 4s and i think he left the blow dryer on them to long, the air unit is swollen on one side
402314609.jpg

402314608.jpg

i was thinking about taking a needle and poking into it on the bottom of the midsole, any body know anything about this?

Back
Top Bottom