:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Idk if "repair" is the right word for those....Just needa be cleaned up, decreased, and seaglowed for those 7's.

on my 11 true blues the blue on my midsole is coming off instead of repainting with angelus leather paint, can i dye the midsole ? On the 01 BC 3's, the midsole is dyed and therefore lasts longer than being painted on.

Originally Posted by struong8

searched the thread but didnt see much bout the secret sauce on restoremysneaker.com
http://www.restoremysneakers.com/sauce
anybody order from them before/lately? can i get some reviews on this product?

dont order it from them, google retrobrite and make it yourself, hydrogen peroxide, corn starch and oxyclean. mix some peroxide in a bowl with the corn starch and then heat it until its almost a paste and is warm and when you're ready to apply add the oxy and mix it up then apply to the shoe, once it hardens go ahead and wash it off and apply again until desired results. be careful on how hot it gets in your area because if it gets too hot your shoe will seperate wherever it is glued, i am in florida and have this problem until i put a fan blowing on the shoes with a bowl of ice behind the fan and havent had any problems after that.... good luck!

Originally Posted by rcjbbp1313

searched the thread but didnt see much bout the secret sauce on restoremysneaker.com

dont order it from them, google retrobrite and make it yourself, hydrogen peroxide, corn starch and oxyclean. mix some peroxide in a bowl with the corn starch and then heat it until its almost a paste and is warm and when you're ready to apply add the oxy and mix it up then apply to the shoe, once it hardens go ahead and wash it off and apply again until desired results. be careful on how hot it gets in your area because if it gets too hot your shoe will seperate wherever it is glued, i am in florida and have this problem until i put a fan blowing on the shoes with a bowl of ice behind the fan and havent had any problems after that.... good luck!
I've been making my own retr0brite also with 3% hydrogen peroxide too. Have you tried both? Just curious myself because I do have to put in some time before I see noticeable results on my 5's. and if this "Sauce" worked faster then it would be great
pimp.gif
I already placed an order on restoremysneakers.com but it only puts you on the waiting list and this was 4 days ago with no e-mail back...
nerd.gif

How long has anyone waited for an e-mail back from restoremysneakers for the sauce to pay for it???
nerd.gif

Btw, what is the best way to clean up red suede on the Raging Bulls red suede 5's and a good water proofer? there has to be something better then the Local Shoe Store...
ohwell.gif

ok yes i have tried 40 volume hair bleach which is high percenage hydrogen peroxide and it does work better for not too bad of a price, just check your local sallys or any salon product store. it comes either clear or with other stuff in it, i tried the clear one and next time i might try the white one but either way yeah i got better results with the higher % peroxide

ok yes i have tried 40 volume hair bleach which is high percenage hydrogen peroxide and it does work better for not too bad of a price, just check your local sallys or any salon product store. it comes either clear or with other stuff in it, i tried the clear one and next time i might try the white one but either way yeah i got better results with the higher % peroxide
What percentage was it? Was there a significant difference between this and the standard 3%? Just trying to get more info on this before I get it you know. Found food grade Hydrogen Peroxide at Amazon for like $40 for 16 0z. Seems a bit pricey though but if it'll save time it would be worth it.

Bleach??! Isnt that going to eff up the shoes? Someone who used bleach to clear up their clear soles said that it was only a temp fix. It also yellowing faster and worser.

I got the sauce from restoremysneakers and it works really well. Took out a TON of yellowing on my OG Playoff XII's:

Question, anyone have a surefire way to take out toebox creases from nubuck? MyXI lows and Penny 1's are hurting and I don't know how to do it without messing up the nubuck. 

attachment

just bought a pair of spacejam DS, seller had pics of only one sole of the shoes. but the left sole is it a little orange at the edge by the carbon fiber. doesnt really bother me that much but still anybody know how to get rid of that burnt ness  near that carbon fiber.

what is the closest blue paint or mix (either Angelus or Createx) for my true blue's, wanting to repaint my midsole.

i need help on how to restore the color on my suede on my 2011 metallic v's. right toe box got dirty intried to clean it and it faded

I have a couple of chips on the white paint on my AJ 3's bc and was wondering what I could use to fix them. Got any suggestions?

so retrobite alot better than seaglow?  if i used seaglow first and then used retrobite would there be any side effects?  Is there anyway retrobite can put a slight blue tint on the sole like seaglow + UV lights?  Sorry for all the questions.

oh yea........... one more. retrobite doesnt allow the sole to yellow as fast as if you used sea glow right?

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

Bleach??! Isnt that going to eff up the shoes? Someone who used bleach to clear up their clear soles said that it was only a temp fix. It also yellowing faster and worser.

no its for bleaching hair but its hydrogen peroxide, 12 %!  ,and oh yeah ive been using the 40 volume hair bleach with the other stuff in it ,not the clear, which makes it thicker. Using this instead of the clear volume bleach allows you to skip adding the corn starch and just heat up the 40 volume for like 15 seconds in the microwave then add your oxyclean stir and apply! much easier with better results, i hope this helps everyone. this also makes the rubber turn white faster.

Originally Posted by johnandrew07

no its for bleaching hair but its hydrogen peroxide, 12 %!  ,and oh yeah ive been using the 40 volume hair bleach with the other stuff in it ,not the clear, which makes it thicker. Using this instead of the clear volume bleach allows you to skip adding the corn starch and just heat up the 40 volume for like 15 seconds in the microwave then add your oxyclean stir and apply! much easier with better results, i hope this helps everyone. this also makes the rubber turn white faster.

Good looking out! Thanks!

there is small scratch on the pl on my pair on my space jams , is there a way to fix that or make less noticeable ?

Back
Top Bottom