:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Don't feel like looking through 200 + pages so does anyone know how to repair/repaint the 23 on the back of the heel once it starts to crack and disappear?

Originally Posted by Leonidas

Anyone know how to get the creasing out of 8s??
I usually stuff the shoe. With ether paper or plastic bags....it works wonders 
smokin.gif

alright i need a little help. so i was cleaning my easter lebrons yesterday (worn one time and it was the first time cleaning) and was cleaning the sole like i do on any other shoe, with the cleaning wipes from "armour all." it has always worked perfectly for me and works better than water and a toothbrush, so as i was finishing cleaning the sole i noticed whats on the picture. seems like somehow the cleaning solution or whatever is on the wipe seeped into the columns inside the air bubble
ohwell.gif
has anyone had this happen to them? any ideas on how i could reverse or atleast minimize the effect the wipes had on the columns?

not the best picture but you can see the discoloration on the columns. i was thinking about putting the shoes in like a 1\4 inch of water or just enough so that it seeps in too and washes out the bleeding... dont know if thats a good idea or not might make it worse

I don't think you should ever use armor all on sneakers. 
laugh.gif

Soap and Water has been working since I started buying shoes in the late 90's. 

I don't think you are able to remove anything from the air chambers without damaging the shoe. 

putting it in water wouldnt hurt, just make sure you lay it upside down, on its side, and any other way when you're done to completely drain/dry the shoe. If that doesn't work use the hair dryer.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

I don't think you are able to remove anything from the air chambers without damaging the shoe. 

This guy knows whats up
pimp.gif

Always stick to the original method of water and soap. Shoe cleaners from footlocker also works.

NEVER use armor all

Nice job on those jams, another reason I love retr0brite is because it also brings the color back to the pods (or any soles color for that matter)

Originally Posted by alexsal

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

This guy knows whats up
pimp.gif

Always stick to the original method of water and soap. Shoe cleaners from footlocker also works.

NEVER use armor all

like i said, they are the "armor all" CLEANING wipes and not the protecting wipes and i actually got the idea from this thread and works better than soap and water for me. 

anyone have experience using Jason Markk on the concord 11's White mesh upper?

I know about cleaning it withwet soap& water.... mad towels, etc. but anyone?^

retr0brite may take off the orange from the OG's 2001's. Seaglowing them may make them turn puple. blue + red = purple..

yall guys got any ideas on how to clean/lighten the plastic areas on the back of the 2002 trainer IIIb and around the strap areas?
much appreciated

Originally Posted by misterj

will retrobrite or seaglow help any on bred XIs? or will it fade the color?

I'm honestly confused as to why you want to retobrite/seaglow a pair of Bred XIs...they don't yellow like Jams/Concords/CGs...

hey guys, I only bought the BKF for only two bucks & I'm really torn between the 2......

only page 51 HWBurnz had amazing results with it.

then on page 69

Originally Posted by HipHopSince1980

Barkeepers Friend tends to leave chalky residue and can discolor the mesh on XIs (concords, any of the lows, etc). You best bet is to purchase RIT ColorRemover &/or White Wash (you can find it in walmarts, targets, kmarts, usually where laundry detergent is kept. Here is a link if you arent familiar withRIT products

can anyone recommend me ? I have the 2001 concords if that matters.... here are pics

edit - damb, pimpjobu & andfattoo put in MAD work in '09.... where are they now 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by RLAK824

I finished seaglowing my og concords it helped a little but the barkeepers friendly really worked

Glad to see they turned out good, I wouldn't use Barkeepers though. There are so many horror stories about how they leave black marks, if you are going todo another pair I suggest you try out "Sonic Scrubber" which they sale at Walgreens
^ reading stuff like this is scaring me

ive used barkeepers friend many times with success.
you have to detail your shoe after use cause it tends to leave a powdery residue in the stitching an other areas.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by RLAK824

I finished seaglowing my og concords it helped a little but the barkeepers friendly really worked

Glad to see they turned out good, I wouldn't use Barkeepers though. There are so many horror stories about how they leave black marks, if you are going todo another pair I suggest you try out "Sonic Scrubber" which they sale at Walgreens
^ reading stuff like this is scaring me
you have to make sure you get ALL of the product off the mesh before you let it sit or it might hurt the mesh.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

hey guys, I only bought the BKF for only two bucks & I'm really torn between the 2......

only page 51 HWBurnz had amazing results with it.

then on page 69

Originally Posted by HipHopSince1980

Barkeepers Friend tends to leave chalky residue and can discolor the mesh on XIs (concords, any of the lows, etc). You best bet is to purchase RIT ColorRemover &/or White Wash (you can find it in walmarts, targets, kmarts, usually where laundry detergent is kept. Here is a link if you arent familiar withRIT products

can anyone recommend me ? I have the 2001 concords if that matters.... here are pics

edit - damb, pimpjobu & andfattoo put in MAD work in '09.... where are they now 
nerd.gif
andfattoo is always in the Nike forum when I see him

I never tried BKF but am scared away by all the negative stories.

Also who ever asked about the retr0brite or seaglow on breds you should be ok, I'd use retr0brite though and I'm not sure if i'd use seaglow since it can turn clear soles blueish..

hey guys i just brought some og space jams from off ebay that i want to restore. other than retrobright and seaglow are there any other
products that i can use for the yellow soles

other than sea glow and retrobright what can i use i read ppl using oxiclean but im looking for something that wont take forever to see
results

Back
Top Bottom