:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Do I really have to do that? I really don't want to do any kind of major restoration thing. What I usually do with scuffs on white kicks is I just dab some white paint on a piece of paper, then use my finger to put some on the scuff/scratch. Can't I just do that with these navy marks? Would it really look that bad?
Thanks!
Yes. BY repainting the whole midsole wih angelus paint, you're prolonging the cracking process. JB paint is paper thin.

Also, I had to learn this the hard way. When you are posting your work, watermark your pics. Others steal them as their own. He's using a fake profile pic.

I'll attach the raw pictures from my computer. The 1985 1' I restored is claimed to be his work...

Last edited:
You need to start tagging your work. The restorations you do turn out so nice, its a shame someone is taking them as their own

What should I do about a pair of my OG XIVs have a midsole that separating. Don't want them to completely fall apart. Could I just glue the parts that the glue is wearing off?

What should I do about a pair of my OG XIVs have a midsole that separating. Don't want them to completely fall apart. Could I just glue the parts that the glue is wearing off?

It's better if you separate the whole sole, and get a fresh coat of barge cement in there. If you only glue the parts separating then the rest will separate later

Happy New Year!!!

What is the best product to clean and whiten midsoles. I've always used warm water and shout. Now they are starting to yellow and fade with age. Would Oxiclean help any? Also I was referring to the pink glue on the pods of the flint 13's. Thanks In advance

NT - just bought some VNDS supreme blazers and there are a three few minor flaws

1) scratch on leather toe box

[URL=http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r185/monday22/thursday/D29E7A11-2131-42AC-A08F-9178703F7835-491-00000027D1A03C7B.jpg%5B/IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r185/monday22/thursday/D29E7A11-2131-42AC-A08F-9178703F7835-491-00000027D1A03C7B.jpg[/IMG[/URL]]
[IMG][URL=http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r185/monday22/thursday/6C050C1B-74A6-4715-B0B2-9B4D269BED75-491-00000027D55A1189.jpg%5B/IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r185/monday22/thursday/6C050C1B-74A6-4715-B0B2-9B4D269BED75-491-00000027D55A1189.jpg[/IMG[/URL]]

very minor and hardly noticeable but is this repairable? was thinking of trying a shoe doctor / repair shop

2) the other flaw is the minor yellowing of the white midsole. any ideas of how to brighten and make the midsoles white again?

3) the black leather looks good but a little dull. Is there anyway to make the black shine a little more and look sharp again?

any suggestions? thanks

i used soap/water to clean so far and will soon have a jason markk cleaner to help also

Last edited:
Trust, you won't just be able to dabble some navy paint on the spot that's affected because it will look so noticeable. The only way to fix this is to completely repaint over the existing paint (not recommended) or strip the old paint off completely, and simple re-paint the surface.
It's not as hard as it sounds, just need some acetone, cotton or rag, painter's tape, and the desired angelus paint colors to match your shoes.

Hmm, so would I literally have to strip all of the navy blue off of the entire midsole of the shoe? Are you sure it's not as hard as it sounds? Haha. At the very least, it seems very time consuming!

Thanks for your help!

It's better if you separate the whole sole, and get a fresh coat of barge cement in there. If you only glue the parts separating then the rest will separate later

I just don't want the sole to snap or anything if I pull on it lol. Is there any specific trick to separating the two?

Not sure what's going on, but my retrobrite mix is starting to turn into a mountain of foam. Is that normal?

Just acquired a pair of OG Bred 13s DS.... I noticed there is some sole seperation on the toe box area which shouldn't be hard to put back, should I use Barge Cement Glue? And on the right shoe I noticed some midsole seperation in between the red suede.... What do you recommend I do? Reglue it or so a complete sole swap?

Last edited:
Where the bottom of the sole meets the front of the toebox on my 09 sj has seperated(just the clear toe cap). I was wondering what type of glue i should use to fix this

Just acquired a pair of OG Bred 13s DS.... I noticed there is some sole seperation on the toe box area which shouldn't be hard to put back, should I use Barge Cement Glue? And on the right shoe I noticed some midsole seperation in between the red suede.... What do you recommend I do? Reglue it or so a complete sole swap?
are you sure those shoes are DS? I see stress marks on the midsole indicating someone put some weight on the shoes

Could one paint over patent leather with lets say the clear angelus paint to make it shine again? ive tried to use various lotions/petro jelly on a large dull spot on my CG XI's but to no avail.

Also, is it possible to uncrease tumbled leather without de-texturizing it?

Thanks

Boy, this retrobrite process is really hair pulling. One session of more that 8 hours and not much result.

Tried acetone, rubbing alcohol, and goo gone on the glue stains on my Pines. None worked so I'll try magic eraser when I get home. If that doesn't work, I give up lol.

Would it be good to use armor all on the white midsole of a XI(Black/Red)? My gf has a weird black mark on her white midsole, we were almost able to get it away with a pencil eraser.

I think the best way just put it inside ziplock without slica packs, and just put 2 slica packs inside the box

This is my first restore, these where a lot worse but I cleaned what I could with Jason mark , any tips on what else I can do? & when I paint the shoe over again do I paint over the seams? Cleaning the tounge cloth better? How to get creases out from ankle part?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom