:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

alright i need some help guys, i recently purchased some 2005 flint 13s and the midsole has some stains (redish hue) which i am assuming are bleed stains but not completely sure. i tried removing the stains with magic eraser and cleaners but nothing worked.

does anyone have any suggestions or something that might help remove the stains
any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
alright i need some help guys, i recently purchased some 2005 flint 13s and the midsole has some stains (redish hue) which i am assuming are bleed stains but not completely sure. i tried removing the stains with magic eraser and cleaners but nothing worked.

does anyone have any suggestions or something that might help remove the stains
any help is greatly appreciated
You're not the only one. I heard you can use acetone to remove the pinkness. It's due to the glue that changes the pigmentation. Even retr0brite wont work. I tried on my pair.

Was able to grab a pair of VNDS white cement 4s. Can someone tell me how to clean the inside? in terms of getting sick of the sock lint, making the white padding on the sides whiter and also how can I make it have a fresh new smell to it? Any certain refresher sprays? Any help will be much appreciated.

Here is the iron method, don't do this a lot.

1. Stuff the shoe with rags, or newspaper, whatever. just make sure it's packed up so you cant push the toe box in
  2. Get a rag and wet it, rub the wet rag across the toe box then lay the rag across it
  3. Turn on your iron, let it heat up
  4. Iron the toe box with the rag on top until the crease is gone.
  5. Keep the shoe stuffed until it cools and drys
  6. Buy some sneakershields to wear them with to prevent future creasing

Anyone else try this to see if it works?

i did that to my true blue 3's and it cracked the leather, might of been because i my iron was too hot... now my toe box looks like gucci mane's lips

That's exactly what it was .
Excessive heat can cause leather to crack.
Riding in your car with the heat on blast at your feet can also do this

You're not the only one. I heard you can use acetone to remove the pinkness. It's due to the glue that changes the pigmentation. Even retr0brite wont work. I tried on my pair.

yeah thats the only thing i could find on this thread to get rid of the pink stains....does anyone know if the pods on the 13s are painted or is the phylon (or whatever material it is) just that color? dont want to put acetone on my pods and make it worse than they look already

Would retrobrite actually bring back the varsity red color on the soles of flu game 12's? Mines have that orangish hue.

Was able to grab a pair of VNDS white cement 4s. Can someone tell me how to clean the inside? in terms of getting sick of the sock lint, making the white padding on the sides whiter and also how can I make it have a fresh new smell to it? Any certain refresher sprays? Any help will be much appreciated.
Going to try this again....can anyone give me advice on fully cleaning the insoles, the inner white padding to make it whiter and take off the sock lint, and what product is out there to possibly spray in the shoes to give it a fresh smell?

Ok quick question . I have been tying to restore a pair of 09 jams after
Using seaglow and retro bright I didn't get the look I wanted so I'm thinkin
Of a sole swap . I wanna buy a pair of fake replicas to do the swap anyone
Know of a site with a close look alike ?

I'm sure this has been asked numerous times in here, but as the thread's gotten so big and the search function isn't really working as well as it should I'll just go ahead and ask my question and hope someone might be able to help me out.

My 2000/2001 Air Flare (Agassi) is suffering a bit of outsole separation at around the toe-area.  The outsole is rubber (obvs), while the upper is some sort of softish leather/pleather.  Is Shoe Goo the way to go?  Not sure if there's any foam deeper inside/around that area that I can't see, but will the Shoe Goo eat into those materials, as some adhesives tend to do?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.  Thanks.

No, just don't :smh:

It takes multiple sessions of retrobrite to get a good look. If you want a tint dye them. Never buy a fake pair for that :smh:

Going to try this again....can anyone give me advice on fully cleaning the insoles, the inner white padding to make it whiter and take off the sock lint, and what product is out there to possibly spray in the shoes to give it a fresh smell?

Remove the insoles and wash them with soap and water. Then place some baking soda on them to remove smells. Sof sole makes a product called sneaker balls that freshens up your kicks as well.

To take of sock pilings, that's up to you. The people at restoremysneakers use a shaving razor and run it up the padding then brush off the pilings. Worked well with no damage taken to the shoe.

To whiten, I couldn't help you. I've been trying on a pair of white/green 14s with little results

No, just don't :smh:

It takes multiple sessions of retrobrite to get a good look. If you want a tint dye them. Never buy a fake pair for that :smh:
Remove the insoles and wash them with soap and water. Then place some baking soda on them to remove smells. Sof sole makes a product called sneaker balls that freshens up your kicks as well.

To take of sock pilings, that's up to you. The people at restoremysneakers use a shaving razor and run it up the padding then brush off the pilings. Worked well with no damage taken to the shoe.

To whiten, I couldn't help you. I've been trying on a pair of white/green 14s with little results

Soap and water and a scrub brush, works wonders on the sock lining!

Would retrobrite actually bring back the varsity red color on the soles of flu game 12's? Mines have that orangish hue.

Back
Top Bottom