:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

So I bought a used pair of 13 lows for next to nothing. They are in good shape but on the left show the silver jump man that is in the spot where the hologram would be on the mids is falling off. How can I reattach it? Will a hot glue gun hold?

I found a clamp in my garage. :pimp:

Also found the paint splatter sticker in my failed Concords box. Regluing it now.

So I bought a used pair of 13 lows for next to nothing. They are in good shape but on the left show the silver jump man that is in the spot where the hologram would be on the mids is falling off. How can I reattach it? Will a hot glue gun hold?

The jumpman is coming off? :lol:

I don't think hot glue will help you, seeing that when you walk your ankle moves up and down and would break the bond the hot glue created. This may be the only time I recommend some gorilla super glue. Unless you want to go strong and use some contact cement.

Last edited:
Alright this glue label lied to me, it takes two days for the glue to dry completely :smh:

So I fit the sole onto the midsole and it's glued up. Only half though. The front half will be done later. Then I will repaint it when my paint comes in on the 12th. Then the midsole will be glued to the upper.

I forgot to cop grey paint for the other part though :smh: I'll find some in my garage. Will post an update on the militaries on the 12 when the paint comes in :pimp:

Here's the last picture worthy update. The Mili 4s are looking pretty good so far. I've been more focused on the 8s though. White, and sapphire angelus paint will be here on the 12th so I can get them painted. I found their original laces and threw them on. All the random stains and paint on the sole/midsole/ and leather has been removed. There were these nasty stains on the inner wings too, but I got that out as well. The only thing rustling me a bit is the grey suede/nubuck. Sme of the blue paint got on it and stuck. :smh: been working it out slowly while the 8s were drying.

The midsole and sole of the 8s has been glued together finally. I got fire red angelus to get the red on there, it's gonna pop :pimp: but I forgot to order the gray so I'll look around the house for some :smh:

Last edited:
For the stiching and inner lining use rit whitener and brightener (very time consuming and will have to do multiple sessions) as far as creases there are multiple methods such as ironing look up on youtube and sir charles talked about it a few pages back

For the stiching and inner lining use rit whitener and brightener (very time consuming and will have to do multiple sessions) as far as creases there are multiple methods such as ironing look up on youtube and sir charles talked about it a few pages back
anything other than the iron method since these are tumbled leather? i was thinking maybe stuffing them and steaming with a fabric steamer would work

anything other than the iron method since these are tumbled leather? i was thinking maybe stuffing them and steaming with a fabric steamer would work

That would work.

I've been messing around with a blow dryer recently. It seems to fix shaping on genuine leather, if you have it stuffed up, then dry it for a bit.

Yes steaming will work ive seen it on the midsoles of 11s and took creases out quite nicely, the blow dryer sounds good to i will have to experiment with that one

im hoping this is the right spot, i am wanting to paint over my pearl foamposites, there are some spots on the inside where the actual foam is showing thru where the pearl colors used to be, please let me know how i can do it,

what will bind to the shoe making it able to take the new paint colors?

found some 99 4's on ebay, seller said he replaced the sole with a military 4 sole but he never got the paint to match. I got talking to him and he said he would send me them for 175 shipped. Anyone think this would be a good deal? Or if ill ever be able to match the upper cement colour? 

im hoping this is the right spot, i am wanting to paint over my pearl foamposites, there are some spots on the inside where the actual foam is showing thru where the pearl colors used to be, please let me know how i can do it,

what will bind to the shoe making it able to take the new paint colors?
Check the sneaker art forums, the guys in there do foamposite customs and should know a good paint to cop.
found some 99 4's on ebay, seller said he replaced the sole with a military 4 sole but he never got the paint to match. I got talking to him and he said he would send me them for 175 shipped. Anyone think this would be a good deal? Or if ill ever be able to match the upper cement colour? 
White Angelus paint will get you going with the right color. If you know what you're doing this is a good deal.

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/paint.html

hey what kind or type of paint brush do you guys use to repaint your shoes?

also tyring to find some glow in the dark paint? anyone have any info on where to get glow in the dark paint for shoes? thanks

White Angelus paint will get you going with the right color. If you know what you're doing this is a good deal.

http://turtlefeathers.net/text/angelus/paint.html
Thank you charles, yah seller said he used angelus but never got the colour right. I might buy them and make them my summer project or something. Would i be mixing the white and grey until i get the right shade?
For the cement color I don't know, you should message @Johnandrews13 

I know he has done a few cement 4s, he should know the paints to mix.
hey what kind or type of paint brush do you guys use to repaint your shoes?

also tyring to find some glow in the dark paint? anyone have any info on where to get glow in the dark paint for shoes? thanks
I use multiple brushes, I just bought a set at michaels craft store. I use a different size for the size of the project.

Buy glow in the dark pigment powwder made for acrylic paints and add it to Angelus Neutral leather paint to make glow in the dark paint. Both should be on turtlefeathers.net

For the cement color I don't know, you should message @Johnandrews13 

I know he has done a few cement 4s, he should know the paints to mix.

I use multiple brushes, I just bought a set at michaels craft store. I use a different size for the size of the project.

Buy glow in the dark pigment powwder made for acrylic paints and add it to Angelus Neutral leather paint to make glow in the dark paint. Both should be on turtlefeathers.net
will the glow in the dark pigment powder made for acrylic pain work on amgelus White leather paint?

becuz i order the white insted of neutral. thanks.

thanks a lot sir charles..

i have some glow in the dark pigment powder i mixed it with a arclyic Clear. but it dont seem to work right? 

thanks a lot sir charles..

i have some glow in the dark pigment powder i mixed it with a arclyic Clear. but it dont seem to work right? 
Was it Angelus? And did you give it time to dry and follow whatever instructions it gave you? 

I have a feeling it's because it is clear paint, because what glow will clear have? I think you need to use a solid color.

Hey guys im new to collecting Jordans ive been broke all my life and just recently made it my hobby. I buy alot of cheap jordans through craigslist and I try and clean them up. I just have a question about the material nike uses. The durabuck nubuck etc. I have tried two products Sofsole(Famous Footwear) and MINT(Footlocker) and soap and water. When I started cleaning shoes I would clean one first and then the other. I noticed that the dark buttery suede on the uncleaned shoe looks alot better than after you clean them. Does it looks its texture and color when you clean them or is it the products I am using? The uncleaned shoe looks alot darker than the clean one. Am I scrubbing too hard? Should I not scrub at all?

Hey guys im new to collecting Jordans ive been broke all my life and just recently made it my hobby. I buy alot of cheap jordans through craigslist and I try and clean them up. I just have a question about the material nike uses. The durabuck nubuck etc. I have tried two products Sofsole(Famous Footwear) and MINT(Footlocker) and soap and water. When I started cleaning shoes I would clean one first and then the other. I noticed that the dark buttery suede on the uncleaned shoe looks alot better than after you clean them. Does it looks its texture and color when you clean them or is it the products I am using? The uncleaned shoe looks alot darker than the clean one. Am I scrubbing too hard? Should I not scrub at all?
Fam I use a toothbrush, soap, and some warm water. I put the brush in the soapy water and scrub the hell out of it. Then I grab a rag and rub it really tough so the excess gets out and the remainder conditions the material. You can't just scrub it and let it dry.

By the sound of it your problem may be two things. Either too much soap, or you arent rubbing it out with a rag.

I tried to rub it out but noticed the color was rubbing out on the towel also I notice my toothbrush getting dark. It looks like dye and not dirt.

Back
Top Bottom