:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Has anyone tried Air Legends Premium Cleaner? How does it compare to Lincoln EZ cleaner in terms of cleaning suede/nubuck?

Any way to fix the paint on the tongue?

Those using the method of salon care 40, it works if done properly. Treated a pair of royal 1/2 cents i won off the bay for $91 an have them pretty much looking DS after 2 treatments. Only complaint would be sole separation cause by the heat, but it's minor.

Those using the method of salon care 40, it works if done properly. Treated a pair of royal 1/2 cents i won off the bay for $91 an have them pretty much looking DS after 2 treatments. Only complaint would be sole separation cause by the heat, but it's minor.
Can you share the proper method you use?

Can you share the proper method you use?

jus follow this video, DO NOT USE/ADD OXY CLEAN.. the chemicals in the product alone are good enough to get the soles back clear.

Wear gloves, make sure you put painters tape or wire tape where the sole connects to the midsole, and periodically check the moisture. I applied the cream every hour and a half and rewrapped them to keep them moist.

jus follow this video, DO NOT USE/ADD OXY CLEAN.. the chemicals in the product alone are good enough to get the soles back clear.

Wear gloves, make sure you put painters tape or wire tape where the sole connects to the midsole, and periodically check the moisture. I applied the cream every hour and a half and rewrapped them to keep them moist.
Thank you for additional info. I thought you have different way to do it. I have been doing this method for 3 years now and what really matter is the lighting/uv. MAkes a big difference on the time of the day... AM would be the best time (10-11am). I do have tried some different indoor lighting technique which made the whole process shorter and produce great quality, but its very unsafe. Only tried it once. 30 min session

Last edited:
Fellas be careful with the clear plastic wrap that you put around your shoes during the icing process of your clear soles. The wrap may get too hot and bond or burn your patent leather and possibly  some synthetic leathers. This happened to me with my Cool Grey XI. It left a slight imprint on the toe box where the wraps was laying. I would totally avoid putting it on patent leather shoes unless you give them a cool down period.

this is going to be my 3rd time using boiling water, the shoe production dates say 2010 I might just give up because the shoes could be too new to use :frown:
uxlkPRR.jpg

obeasted obeasted I recommend boiling a pot of water on the stove, and sitting the shoe on the top of the pot. S0 take a big pot like for making soup, and fill it to the top with water. Once it is boiling, sit the shoe across the rim of the pot. I can almost guarantee that they will come apart. It shouldn't take more than 10-15 minuets on top of the boiling water.

obeasted obeasted I recommend boiling a pot of water on the stove, and sitting the shoe on the top of the pot. S0 take a big pot like for making soup, and fill it to the top with water. Once it is boiling, sit the shoe across the rim of the pot. I can almost guarantee that they will come apart. It shouldn't take more than 10-15 minuets on top of the boiling water.
I never thought of doing that but I am going to try that right now to see if it works I'm on the verge of just giving up

Fellas be careful with the clear plastic wrap that you put around your shoes during the icing process of your clear soles. The wrap may get too hot and bond or burn your patent leather and possibly  some synthetic leathers. This happened to me with my Cool Grey XI. It left a slight imprint on the toe box where the wraps was laying. I would totally avoid putting it on patent leather shoes unless you give them a cool down period.
You're either leaving it out way to long or using a bad plastic wrap. I've done hundreds of sessions of salon care with plastic wrap and never once had that issue. 80% of my salon care sessions have been done on 11's also.
I never thought of doing that but I am going to try that right now to see if it works I'm on the verge of just giving up
If you don't care about the donor shoe at all, do this:

How do I clean dirty Jordan 6 soles? Can I use soap and water in preparation for Salon Care 40?
Yes, just clean off all the dust and debris. Take out any rocks or dirt,etc.

Last edited:
I think somebody recommended shoes pre 2006 or so i forgot the exact year that nike change the glue strength.. If air bubble is getting soft or so, just take it as a loss and i suggest searching back this thread for further info..

no I have tried that like 4 times so I ended up dipping them & holding them in there but problem is the air bubble is getting bigger so idkk if it will go down
mRPzW7o.jpg
If nothing works, but might also want to consider a heat gun.

Last edited:
how would you guys start when taking off an outsole that **** is so hard & takes forever when I use a heat gun

Just picked up some low top Obsidian 12s and I have 2 questions.. What type of laces do 12s use/Where can i find those laces? the laces that came with em are flat 
mean.gif
 which are extremely ugly. Any help would be appreciated. 

Back
Top Bottom