:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Not online or in our beauty supply stores in GA
Mb then man. Might have to order some later 
nerd.gif

so is that the same as these companies Sole sauce?!?!?
I would bet money that some of those "companies" are just repackaging Volume Developer and selling it for a premium.  It wouldn't be the first time either.  I don't remember who did, but someone got caught doing it before.  Ain't none of these peeps are freakin' chemist concocting a formula from scratch to clear up soles. 

question to those who have experience with sole swap, is it ok to leave the the original stitching on the toecap of jordan 5. i really don't want to deal with restitching specially i have big hands.lol. im planning of sole swapping my jordan 5 metallic 1999. and anybody can point me out to a good fitting midsole model. thank in advance and will always rep for any input.

Anyone have experience painting outsoles (the bottom of the sneaker)? I know what color I want to use, but do I need to mix it with anything to prevent cracking? I know it can be done, I've seen it, but I need the proper paint.

Anyone have experience painting outsoles (the bottom of the sneaker)? I know what color I want to use, but do I need to mix it with anything to prevent cracking? I know it can be done, I've seen it, but I need the proper paint.
I would recommend getting a sole protector (something along the lines of these http://www.sole-protector.com/) and just painting them with the paint you would normally use. You should look towards the world of cosplay for this.   After that, do the bottom in the same way, but slap a sole protector on the bottom. This should work for most shoes with normal rubber outsoles.

Got a pair of 2000 Concord 11s. It has minor separation from the midsole to the uppers. Should I remove the midsole and reglue it or just fix the spots that need work?

Got a pair of 2000 Concord 11s. It has minor separation from the midsole to the uppers. Should I remove the midsole and reglue it or just fix the spots that need work?
do not spot glue it. be patient and let it separate. its a clean break, then reglue

Let's say you have a shoe that is beyond repair but you still want to keep it for display. What's the best way to wrap it up? Saran Wrap?

I got some questions for the pros..may not be possible but doesn't hurt to ask.

1) how do you fix patent leather chipping and creasing on a toe box? (AJ1s specifically)

2) how do you fix deep scratches and scuff marks on patent leather? (Gamma 11s)

3) how long does seaglow last for and does it return it to normal color? (Gamma 11s, sole are becoming dull and greenish)

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

I got blue stains on white leather (AJ1) due to wearing jeans over it. Any ways to take off the stains without damaging the leather ?

5) If you have unpleasant stains or marks on your shoes, go get yourself a bottle of "Goof Off". This product will wipe just about anything off the shoe! BE CAREFUL THOUGH! It's probably a step down from straight acid! I'll use an old wash cloth or towel, and dip it into a small amount of goof off and then rub away the unwanted spot or stain. Afterwards I'll wipe the spot over with a dampened (water) wash cloth to dilute any goof off residue that may be left behind. Goof Off also works well on clear soles! If used properly, you can keep your shoes "icy" looking a lot LONGER!

What is the specific Goof Off cleaner that is advisable?

Thanks,

Hey guys, is it possible to iron out the creases out of Patent Leather Air Jordan 1s? i'm asking cuz I don't want to accidentally burn the leather.

Hey guys, is it possible to iron out the creases out of Patent Leather Air Jordan 1s? i'm asking cuz I don't want to accidentally burn the leather.

Yes. Use a wet rag. But what's the point? It's going to crease again if you wear them. Just rock it. Patent leather isn't the easiest material to work with or maintain anyway.

Just get the cloth or towel a little damp, not soaked, and go lightly because you don't want to press too hard.

But like dude says I'd just rock them the way they are, taking off creases just makes the material thinner and more susceptible to creases imo. Only gonna get worse from there.

Guys this has probably been asked already in this thread but I did some searching and couldn't quite find anything. I had a bottle of Air Legends shoe cleaner, but the whole bottle spilled out on me by accident. So I'm gonna get a new bottle of something, but now I've been doing some research and can't decide between Air Legends, Jason Markk, and Reshoevn8r. Which out of the 3 do you guys think is the absolute best? They're all like the same price so I just wanna know which one is the best cleaner. Thanks y'all.

So? I've been messing w/retr0brite now off and on for some time. I had initially started trying to make it prior to SC40 being common knowledge. ..my results prior flat out stunk.

Pretty much all I learned in the beginning was that if I didn't tape off the midsoles the sun would fade the paint quickly, even though they're sole towards the sky, and I'd be trading icy soles for a repaint. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128521[/emoji]

Since SC40? ..I definitely DO get results now. It works exceptionally well on toe caps, for me. Seems like clear soles take considerably longer. Maybe that's just my experience. IDK. Blah.

I don't use JUST SC40, as I see a lot of heads say they do, I also use Oxy Clean. My setup is based on natural sunlight, which I'm aware isn't as optimal as black light.

Does the Oxy Clean even really matter? I'd imagine it does, or I wouldn't do it, but I'm not sure. If it doesn't matter much, tho', I'd like to know. That would solve me ever worrying about anything I say next. lmfao. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Now? I DO NOT use a measuring cup. I know, that's an issue off jump. ..So, obviously in doing it by eye, I don't have a quality recipe. That's not helping me much. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

After you've made it, sometimes it will continue to react chemically. It will expand on you, foam up heavy, and stir back down into what you want consistency wise. Now? I know $#!+ about chemistry. But, I can't help but feel there's a way to make it where it reacts less. Expands less. Am I just using TOO MUCH Oxy Clean?

As I stated earlier, I don't use an exact recipe and doing so would most likely be a quality first step. But? After that, can I make it 'more stable' off jump?

After applying it probably a hundred times now and trying different thicknesses of it on shoe, I'm honestly not sure what the best route is. Seems like on YouTube heads always apply it crazy thin, Saran it, and they Gucci.

But? ..I'm super afraid of 'bloom' . Since I use sunlight, heat plays a factor. The heat dries up the retr0brite. I find myself over applying it intentionally in an attempt to counteract the evaporation that's sure to occur. I've seen multiple people say to go thin, and just reapply it, but? I still worry about staining them. Foams especially. blah.

How thin can I really apply it and have it still work but not stain?

Also, sometimes either time or chemical reaction, leaves the solution too watery. When that happens I cut it. I use SC20 CLEAR, with corn starch, that will turn to a gel when heated. It's translucent. Similar to Vaseline in appearance. Mix that w/the watery SC40 & Oxy Clean solution and it reacts, foaming and thickening into something you can apply as usual. It's still blizzard white in appearance, no tint to it after that. Blah.

I used the clear because it's, well, clear. But, since I know nothing about chemistry and am just mad scientisting aimlessly, maybe that's a bad look too. I don't always do it. Most times I use however much I've made before it can become watery. Blah.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I wear all my kicks. I also enjoy trying to see how long I can keep them fresh WHILE actively keeping them in rotation. Blah. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this whole mess and responds w/any insight.

So? I've been messing w/retr0brite now off and on for some time. I had initially started trying to make it prior to SC40 being common knowledge. ..my results prior flat out stunk.

Pretty much all I learned in the beginning was that if I didn't tape off the midsoles the sun would fade the paint quickly, even though they're sole towards the sky, and I'd be trading icy soles for a repaint. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128521[/emoji]

Since SC40? ..I definitely DO get results now. It works exceptionally well on toe caps, for me. Seems like clear soles take considerably longer. Maybe that's just my experience. IDK. Blah.

I don't use JUST SC40, as I see a lot of heads say they do, I also use Oxy Clean. My setup is based on natural sunlight, which I'm aware isn't as optimal as black light.

Does the Oxy Clean even really matter? I'd imagine it does, or I wouldn't do it, but I'm not sure. If it doesn't matter much, tho', I'd like to know. That would solve me ever worrying about anything I say next. lmfao. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Now? I DO NOT use a measuring cup. I know, that's an issue off jump. ..So, obviously in doing it by eye, I don't have a quality recipe. That's not helping me much. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

After you've made it, sometimes it will continue to react chemically. It will expand on you, foam up heavy, and stir back down into what you want consistency wise. Now? I know $#!+ about chemistry. But, I can't help but feel there's a way to make it where it reacts less. Expands less. Am I just using TOO MUCH Oxy Clean?

As I stated earlier, I don't use an exact recipe and doing so would most likely be a quality first step. But? After that, can I make it 'more stable' off jump?

After applying it probably a hundred times now and trying different thicknesses of it on shoe, I'm honestly not sure what the best route is. Seems like on YouTube heads always apply it crazy thin, Saran it, and they Gucci.

But? ..I'm super afraid of 'bloom' . Since I use sunlight, heat plays a factor. The heat dries up the retr0brite. I find myself over applying it intentionally in an attempt to counteract the evaporation that's sure to occur. I've seen multiple people say to go thin, and just reapply it, but? I still worry about staining them. Foams especially. blah.

How thin can I really apply it and have it still work but not stain?

Also, sometimes either time or chemical reaction, leaves the solution too watery. When that happens I cut it. I use SC20 CLEAR, with corn starch, that will turn to a gel when heated. It's translucent. Similar to Vaseline in appearance. Mix that w/the watery SC40 & Oxy Clean solution and it reacts, foaming and thickening into something you can apply as usual. It's still blizzard white in appearance, no tint to it after that. Blah.

I used the clear because it's, well, clear. But, since I know nothing about chemistry and am just mad scientisting aimlessly, maybe that's a bad look too. I don't always do it. Most times I use however much I've made before it can become watery. Blah.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I wear all my kicks. I also enjoy trying to see how long I can keep them fresh WHILE actively keeping them in rotation. Blah. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads this whole mess and responds w/any insight.
i recommend not to ice your soles.

They will yellow much faster and you'll lose traction. You'll only ice the soles temporarily, then they'll go back to their natural yellow soles in weeks.

Back
Top Bottom