:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

You mean the back heel tab? Use salon care 40 or 50.
yellow netting can be cleared with heat gun. Low heat setting use with care so not to melt the netting
Thank you very much for your help.  I will definitely look into using the heat gun.

Just bought Ovo X with gold aglets attached to the lace tips. Anyone can share how to remove the aglets?

Anybody know how to sow back the outsole to the front on a pair of '99 5's? I effed up and removed the whole outsole and now there's a huge gap in the front

I just got some what appears to be ink or something on my don c 2's. What's a good product to clean the quilted leather with?

How much of the superstik y'all think it'll take me to glue a new sole on to those 4s?

Whats a good place to get a good deal on what I'll need?

Hey guys, i got a question. I've noticed the 3M on my FR5s are fading. Any way to restore those? 

Sorry if I'm asking well repeated questions. However, I want to fix these Flint 7's.
- What can I use to unyellow and/or whiten the fronts?
- How can I repair the suede discoloration and markings?

Last edited:
Hi there Niketalk!  This is my first post so please go easy on me but I have a dilemma at hand.  I bought these Jordan 4's on ebay for a steal but the only issue is the tongue is very deformed. They are NOT fakes and seeing as you all are some of the smartest people on the internet when it comes to sneakers I figured I would ask you guys for help.  Do you know any way to make the tongue look normal again?? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I recently had a fire at my house. It happened in my bedroom where of course all my shoes were. I ended up losing about 15-20 pairs including my concords and space jams which were my grails. They melted to nothing. I did get to pull about 30 pair out but they are all smoke damaged. Does anyone know what I can try to do to get the smoke smell out of them. Really hoping to save what I can.

Damn..........:smh: thank god a flood didn't waterlog them

I would leave outside overnight on like a back porch and let the night air circulate through them.

Hi there Niketalk!  This is my first post so please go easy on me but I have a dilemma at hand.  I bought these Jordan 4's on ebay for a steal but the only issue is the tongue is very deformed. They are NOT fakes and seeing as you all are some of the smartest people on the internet when it comes to sneakers I figured I would ask you guys for help.  Do you know any way to make the tongue look normal again?? Thank you in advance.
You can use something like Kiwi Wet Pruf silicone based water repellent to soften the leather first, then shape the tongue by wrapping it with a cylindrical object or something while heating it up under the sun.

Silicone based liquid softens leather the best, if you are wary then try neatsfoot oil first. You can get these stuff from your local shoe smith.

Baseball glove softening oil is probably the cheapest solution (haven't seen this stuff for a while, Easton and Rawlings used to sell them for like 2 bucks a bottle).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom