:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone know how to remove this weird tint on the sole and midsole?

476DD791-03F6-41BA-8171-B2719C434020.jpeg
Is that a glue stain? If so, use heat from a blow dryer and pry away with some tweezers.

Does Shoe Goo work for midsole reglues? I know Angelus or even Barge is preferred, but I'd like to use Shoe Goo since I have it if anyoone has had decent results with it.

Just repainted my 2011 white cement soles. used a few coats of paint. i used a matte finish spray and waited a few days to wear. the paint is cracking, what am i doing wrong????

Just repainted my 2011 white cement soles. used a few coats of paint. i used a matte finish spray and waited a few days to wear. the paint is cracking, what am i doing wrong????
Coats maybe too thick? The midsole might be super soft now and might crumble soon. That might be a part of it. Sucks they use a midsole that will crumble

Question about Angelus Sole Bright. I recently used on a bunch of my shoes and was extremely pleased with the results! I did notice though on a maybe 1/3 of the shoes I used it on....they yellowed again dramatically within a couple months. Have others experienced this?
I found it odd and I didn't wear any of these shoes where they would've been exposed to the elements....they were just in storage.
Is this to be expected?

Anyone know of any painting restoration services preferably in the los angeles area?

Want a simple midsole repaint for my 2011 wc’s
and I don’t trust my shaky hands.
If you're still looking, this guy Lucky used to do a fantastic job for very reasonable prices about 4-5 years ago. Not sure if he's still in the game but you could hit him up and check. I bet I still have his cell if you want to PM me.

Question about Angelus Sole Bright. I recently used on a bunch of my shoes and was extremely pleased with the results! I did notice though on a maybe 1/3 of the shoes I used it on....they yellowed again dramatically within a couple months. Have others experienced this?
I found it odd and I didn't wear any of these shoes where they would've been exposed to the elements....they were just in storage.
Is this to be expected?
Did you put them in a shoe box? I think that's what happened to mine. I've read that the acid from cardboard can yellow shoes and re-yellow them after you've iced them.

I'm starting to put a towel in each box, so the shoe doesn't touch the cardboard.

Make sure you put silica packets in the shoebox and maybe keep the shoes wrapped in a light towel and away from the insert paper and the cardboard box (both will increase oxidation with its natural acid. I’d probably take them out periodically to breathe occasionally, too. Good luck, and enjoy those shoes in whatever way you like!

Yes, I forgot to say to get rid of the stuffing paper. The paper that is outside the shoe but in the box.

As far as I know its ok to stuff paper INSIDE your shoe to maintain the shape.

Hi all, hope anyone here healthy
Does anyone a place/store to buy sole for nike air trainer 1?
I have an old chlorophyl and shima, and the sole is crumbling lmao, i want to resole it
Thank you guys

Thanks for the suggestions! The shoes are in cardboard boxes, some of which have the insert paper around them. I will try covering them in cloth and see if it helps! Thanks!

Would Jordan 1 heads say that mink oil is the best thing to use to get rid of glitter?

…I need some good advice on this issue.🙏

Also what’s the best thing to use to sanitize used sneakers?

Is there a particular spray that works best?
the sprays tend to have alcohol in them, in my experience anyways. alcohol tends to break things down, nothing like acetone but it can still be drying/damaging.

What would you recommend?
well I've washed old kicks. in the washing machine in the woolite zip bag, gentle cycle/cold water. air dry in a room which has a dehumidifier running. I don't necessarily recommend this tho. the thing about your 10 seconds disinfectants is you kinda need to spray the entire bottle to really get a pair of sneakers good. when I just looked on Google bowling alleys use a product called Formalin maybe it's worth looking into? my guess is that it has alcohol tho but then you don't care about what a bowling alley does to shoes that you're only wearing for like an hour that you give back to them.

well I've washed old kicks. in the washing machine in the woolite zip bag, gentle cycle/cold water. air dry in a room which has a dehumidifier running. I don't necessarily recommend this tho. the thing about your 10 seconds disinfectants is you kinda need to spray the entire bottle to really get a pair of sneakers good. when I just looked on Google bowling alleys use a product called Formalin maybe it's worth looking into? my guess is that it has alcohol tho but then you don't care about what a bowling alley does to shoes that you're only wearing for like an hour that you give back to them.
Thanks for the advice.

I should specify that these are Jordan 1 Breds that I paid $500 for…worn once.

So obviously I need to treat them with great care and sensitivity.

Thanks for the advice.

I should specify that these are Jordan 1 Breds that I paid $500 for…worn once.

So obviously I need to treat them with great care and sensitivity.
yikes I'm not sure about the washing machine then, I did it cleaning old pairs of Vans. pair of 2016 Nike ATC IV's also but the faux suede on those was already shot/in need of restoration so I didn't care as much about what might happen. a lotta ppl will say use a soft brush & soap but I've messed up Nike faux leather w/those exact tools. kinda stuff that eventually peels but I'm not familial w/those Jordans so best to see what experienced peeps have to say about it.

For the inside of the shoe?

...that's where the funk is.
Yes and unless it’s made of suede or something that can’t be soaked, I would scrub it and submerge it for a while in a soap and water mix in the sink or clean bucket or whatever. Maybe use some oxyclean too

Yes and unless it’s made of suede or something that can’t be soaked, I would scrub it and submerge it for a while in a soap and water mix in the sink or clean bucket or whatever. Maybe use some oxyclean too
You’d feel comfortable soaking a 2016 Bred 1 in soap and water?

It’s not like they were a beater pair.

According to the seller they were only worn once and that was back in 2018. To be honest, I’m not even sure there’s anything to really sanitize. Unless they show up smelling like a 300-pound offensive tackle’s heavily worn jock strap.

In which case I’ll file an eBay claim and try to get my money back.

You’d feel comfortable soaking a 2016 Bred 1 in soap and water?

It’s not like they were a beater pair.

According to the seller they were only worn once and that was back in 2018. To be honest, I’m not even sure there’s anything to really sanitize. Unless they show up smelling like a 300-pound offensive tackle’s heavily worn jock strap.

In which case I’ll file an eBay claim and try to get my money back.
I wouldn’t soak them but a good scrubbing with soap and water for leather 1s will be fine. Just make sure it’s soft bristle brush for the uppers

Back
Top Bottom