:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anyone know how to whiten the tongue on these mochas? The guy I got them from had them on display right under a light. It is noticeable when I compare them to my DS pair.
20230314_231651.jpg
20230315_103959.jpg
20230315_104014.jpg

I only have the stealths, UNCs, and the grey stealth pairs. I got the low top black patent leather ones from the outlets back then. I got the white stealth pair on discount at the local hibbets back then. It has a nice scuff on the translucent toe cap where mj Signature is so they gave me a discount. It was a return. I wish I would have got so many more but I was a broke college kid working at footlocker at the time. They have been holding up well. Last time I wore them was a few years ago. I wear the white stealth pair the most out of all just because it already came with defects. Barely noticeable because its on the translucent part. They are super comfortable. I tore up the lows beyond recognition. I want the Allstars, chicagos, white/red and the finales. I could have had the Allstars, chicagos, white/red pairs for 50 off back in the day but passed. Regret it ever since. I don't know what material the insole is made out of but it's stiffer than other shoes I have put on. Almost feels like the contours of the original air jordan 12s.

Last edited:
Tried finding any old posts on this but 2 questions - Has any one tried painting the mid sole on an old Jordan 3 to match the yellowed toe box? If so, any tips on which color paint? And I've used Salon Care 40 to whitened the toe box before - which worked great for like 2 weeks before it turned yellow again. Has anyone had long-term success with another method! Thanks!

Tried finding any old posts on this but 2 questions - Has any one tried painting the mid sole on an old Jordan 3 to match the yellowed toe box? If so, any tips on which color paint? And I've used Salon Care 40 to whitened the toe box before - which worked great for like 2 weeks before it turned yellow again. Has anyone had long-term success with another method! Thanks!
I would try flat white, cream, and maybe a drop of yellow depending on how yellow the toe cap is

I picked up these 2015 Jordan Flight Tradition's at an exchange store and while they are in near perfect condition, I would like to find the best and safest way to remove or lessen the wrinkles in the leather. I have seen everything from a hot steamed cloth, microwave and even iron prior to some conditioner. What say you sneaker folks?

Attachments

• air-jordan-flight-tradition.jpg
    air-jordan-flight-tradition.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 297
  • air-jordan-flight-tradition-toe.jpg
    air-jordan-flight-tradition-toe.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 294
have a little sole separation on my jordan 8 playoffs 2007. should i just replace the entire sole or just reglue it? the soles are still firm

have a little sole separation on my jordan 8 playoffs 2007. should i just replace the entire sole or just reglue it? the soles are still firm
Reglue with Barge cement glue. Save yourself the money and time having to purchase a donor pair and then separate. Very tedious process, currently sole swapping OG 8's in all three colors and its a pain! The most challenging model to swap.

Reglue with Barge cement glue. Save yourself the money and time having to purchase a donor pair and then separate. Very tedious process, currently sole swapping OG 8's in all three colors and its a pain! The most challenging model to swap.
Thank you!

Tougher than OG 4s? That has been a pain like no other for me but I've never done any 8s. They look easy enough outside looking in

Just picked up some UNC IV that were clearly in a smoky home. Best way to deodorize them? Just leave them out in the air to air out or is there a better method?

What's up everyone - was hoping someone had some advice for these. Knew I was playing with fire given their age and the lack of wear but hoping I can save these. Great condition outside of the sole detachment. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 5c61dabf-a201-439d-a85f-f32744106524.jpg
    5c61dabf-a201-439d-a85f-f32744106524.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 21
  • 913281e9-44d6-47ae-9a33-bbc62eb22a85.jpg
    913281e9-44d6-47ae-9a33-bbc62eb22a85.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 20
  • 18008333-0f02-47bc-8397-f8d7c832ad08.jpg
    18008333-0f02-47bc-8397-f8d7c832ad08.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 42
  • b3812230-ac38-4452-97fa-0e4694a17a97.jpg
    b3812230-ac38-4452-97fa-0e4694a17a97.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 242
You need to get rid of anything that is crumbling and then reglue it back with barge cement. I used a drimmel tool to remove it on my Pippens.

Thanks a lot. Will give it a try. Essentially all the white crumbling pieces on the sole and underside of the shoe are dry glue? And that needs to be removed first before they can be reglued?

Thanks a lot. Will give it a try. Essentially all the white crumbling pieces on the sole and underside of the shoe are dry glue? And that needs to be removed first before they can be reglued?
It’s more than likely the midsole itself crumbling due to the material they used.

Back
Top Bottom