:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Alright so I just took these ds 99' nyc ed goldenrod dunks back from flight club after 3 months. I just want to hold onto them for a few more years. Whatsthe best way to store them for long term. Should i just ziplock them up, or is there something better than that, any help would be appreciated, thx in advance

2nm4105.jpg

24yz0w4.jpg

Originally Posted by Jhon

Can armor all be used to "clean" yellowing, or is it just for dirt and scuffs?

nah my dude, armour all is just to shine up the leather and *$#%, u can use them to clean but there are better ways of cleaning kicks. Armour all doesnt stopyellowing, you need seaglow for that.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by JordandaMan23

Alright, I have the retro XII's from a few years back, the Black/Red and French Blue's are coming apart at the front where the sole is glued to the leather.
Where can I find some glue that will correct this problem? Or is there something else I should do?
Thanks NT!!
epoxy glue. this will correct the problem. lowe's, home depot, etc. carry this item. you're welcome!

I should have no problems using this expoxy glue on the soles of my OG XIIIs right? (they are coming apart where the upper meets the sole)

Yeah, i'll buy em if they're size 12
happy.gif

I really need help on some yellow midsoles. The midsoles are rubber, AJ1. I'm wondering if spray painting it will work, then putting a layer of clear coat?Will it crack? Would I be better off with angelus paint? Also, I heard perhaps seaglow may work? Any truth to this? I'm sorry if these questions have beenanswered before

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Yeah, i'll buy em if they're size 12
happy.gif

I really need help on some yellow midsoles. The midsoles are rubber, AJ1. I'm wondering if spray painting it will work, then putting a layer of clear coat? Will it crack? Would I be better off with angelus paint? Also, I heard perhaps seaglow may work? Any truth to this? I'm sorry if these questions have been answered before
sea glow does work only if it's a rubber surface that wasn't painted. if it was painted, then it's a no go for the sea glow. iwouldn't use spray paint due to the fact that there's no flexibility to it and it will crack when you start to walk in the shoes after the paint job.your best bet is to get white angelus paint and angelus clear coat. strip the yellowing off the midsoles as much as is needed. use acetone to do this and thatway the acetone will act as a primer for the white angelus paint. after the paint dries get the clear coat to apply. usually a coat or two will do the trick.this question is asked from time to time but it always varies with the shoe model. hope this helps you out.

So the two options are seaglow and angelus paint? The thing I don't like about painting with angelus paint is because I can never get a good even layer ofpaint on the shoes. It always ends up a bit messy and off when I use a paint brush. Is there a way I can "spray" angelus paint? Airbrush? And seaglowreally works for AJ 1 midsoles? Are there any pics?

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

So the two options are seaglow and angelus paint? The thing I don't like about painting with angelus paint is because I can never get a good even layer of paint on the shoes. It always ends up a bit messy and off when I use a paint brush. Is there a way I can "spray" angelus paint? Airbrush? And seaglow really works for AJ 1 midsoles? Are there any pics?
you should be able to use the angelus paint in an airbrush. if you have an airbrush then i would most definately be using that to apply my paint.as far as what i said about the sea glow, the area has to be a hard rubber sole that hasn't been painted. so if it's naturally white then the sea glowwill work for helping remove the yellowing in that area. i hear you about the paint brush but i usually go very slow and methodical so i don't mess up.just give yourself plenty of time when doing this. that way you don't do a rush job and end up having to fix something with the paint.

How do i clean dirt/coffee off of my cool grey III's.. i thought about just doing soap/toothbrush/soap, im sure you guys have answered this 1000 times ,but i dont know where to look..
thanks a lot for any help you have for me.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

Alright so I just took these ds 99' nyc ed goldenrod dunks back from flight club after 3 months. I just want to hold onto them for a few more years. Whats the best way to store them for long term. Should i just ziplock them up, or is there something better than that, any help would be appreciated, thx in advance

2nm4105.jpg

24yz0w4.jpg
Best thing is to store them in a dark and dry place. I hear put silica packs in there may help as well. Ziplocking dries out the shoes gluewhich will cause the shoes's soles to separate.

Originally Posted by JordanPoe

Anyone got any tips on using Bar Keepers friend on the mesh of XI's?
make sure the bkf is mixed with water to form a paste and use the paste with a toothbrush to apply to the mesh. depending on how bad the yellowingis on your pair will determine how much bkf you need to use. when your finish just get a towel and wet it a little bit. use the towel to wipe off any leftoverresidue that's on the mesh. let air dry and you should be good to go.

^ way too easy for me. i recently did a re-paint on my fire red iii's and to be honest it's not that hard. just strip off the paint with acetone andget white and fire red angelus paint. what's great is you don't have to mix some colors to get fire red shade, it's already available as a colorchoice. if you're not great with staying in the areas that you paint, get some painter's tape and tape over the area you don't want the paint totouch. if you think about it, it's almost like a coloring book, just try to stay in the lines! you might want to consider buying some clear coat finish toapply after the painting is complete. it makes the paint look a lot better especially with this model. good luck.

Originally Posted by chronicshoester

how do i clean cool grey 3s
suprise no one has answered your question. your choices of cleaners will consist of suede/nubuck spray, suede/nubuck foam cleaner, and asuede/nubuck eraser. i've found with cleaning my cool grey iv's that the foam cleaner works best for this shade and material. if the stains are darkerlike the coffee stain you were talking about you might need to use the eraser. be careful when you use the eraser because if you rub too hard you might tear upthe material on the shoe.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

^ way too easy for me. i recently did a re-paint on my fire red iii's and to be honest it's not that hard. just strip off the paint with acetone and get white and fire red angelus paint. what's great is you don't have to mix some colors to get fire red shade, it's already available as a color choice. if you're not great with staying in the areas that you paint, get some painter's tape and tape over the area you don't want the paint to touch. if you think about it, it's almost like a coloring book, just try to stay in the lines! you might want to consider buying some clear coat finish to apply after the painting is complete. it makes the paint look a lot better especially with this model. good luck.
lol yea i finished a pair of these too a month ago...honestly the toughest part is removing the paint
roll.gif

take your time, dont rush and remember to do thin coats...

What's the best way to remove a little beer drop on my cdp hares. It's just like a little spot on the toebox how can I clean that up without damagingthe shoe. All help is appreciated.
smile.gif

just wondering anybody that got the allstar xx3 did yall tongue yellow,mines did i was so mad i only wore them things 3 times i think the paper did it ,ihave all the other patent leather xx3 in doubles but i took the paper out and they are fine,im guessing theres nothing i can do about the yellowing on theallstars

Back
Top Bottom