:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I don't know if it's been mentioned before and this thread is too big for me to search, but I just got a pair of OG shadow X's, and there'ssome cracking on the midsole.
frown.gif

Any tips to try and fix it without them coming out crazy or making it worse?

I was just checking....i'm starting to see some yellowing near the lower end of the heel tab where the elephant print meet. Anyone else experience that??

If so....is it possible to clean??

thanks in advance.

wuzzup NT
whenever i get suede shoes they always end up ashy, i want to know whats the best brand of protectant to but and where to buy it from
im planning on copping the black/varsity red VIs and i wanna keep em fresh
thanks

if u got the space jams.. does cleaning the bottom with dishwash soap and water after every wear and then drying them really help?

Originally Posted by Error on page

has any1 ever spread a light coat of clear drying super glue over the infrared part of the VIs to either stop chipping or prevent chipping?
i bought some infrareds that had the toebox a little xhipped but it was fixed with some sort of glue. its holding up really good.
Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

Does anyone know what paint I should use to cover up the cracking and all the other marks on the shoe?

4263809043_bf61f4c6ed.jpg

4264559842_5d382d5a3b.jpg

4264560074_78e534bf25.jpg

^This is the part I just hate the most.
mad.gif
sick.gif

angelus paint.

Originally Posted by 310HxA

whats the best way to clean the jean stains off the heel tabs on the true blue 3s? i tried alcohol but its not working
frown.gif
try rubbing harder. if not. repaint is what i would do. or leave it as is.

Originally Posted by bklynengus129

Does Seaglow prevent yellowing or just takes cleans it
just takes cleans it?

seaglow basically clears up the yellowed gum material.

Originally Posted by sugarshane

now will seaglow work on the yellowed mesh of the tongue and side? also, the rubber part on the toe of the shoe is yellowed. what is the best way to get that back to original color?

i am also getting my hands on some retro VI lows and a pair of beat OG Vs. the leather is faded and even "worn out" i guess. the black nubuck/seude on the vis has gray scuffs on it and the Vs may not even be savable. not sure until i see them in person later this week. is there any remedy for these? i may take them to the local shoe repair and see what magic he can do.

thanks guys!
no seaglow will not work on mesh.
just seaglow the rubber toe area. (im guessing your talking about the clear sole right?)
We need pictures to tell you if its salvageable.

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

I don't know if it's been mentioned before and this thread is too big for me to search, but I just got a pair of OG shadow X's, and there's some cracking on the midsole.
frown.gif

cracking of the paint or the shoe itself? PICTURES

Originally Posted by giraffeishungry

just bought og 11's and there are stains on the midsoles. any tips?

PICTURES.
Originally Posted by jgoods

I was just checking....i'm starting to see some yellowing near the lower end of the heel tab where the elephant print meet. Anyone else experience that??

If so....is it possible to clean??

thanks in advance.
I'm assuming your talking about the IIIs? That yellowing is normal. the only way to restore is repaint.
Originally Posted by Souljaman22

wuzzup NT
whenever i get suede shoes they always end up ashy, i want to know whats the best brand of protectant to but and where to buy it from
im planning on copping the black/varsity red VIs and i wanna keep em fresh
thanks

I myself dont know any products that prevents suede from becoming "ashy". Have you tried a suede brush. it could possibly just be dust.
Originally Posted by flyHIGHjordan

if u got the space jams.. does cleaning the bottom with dishwash soap and water after every wear and then drying them really help?

It can slow down the process of yellowing. but not much of a difference.
Originally Posted by CPinoy

If I store my kicks under my bed is that bad or good? Is it like a closet aswell?

Its possibly not AS good as storing it in the closet. Because the shoes can easily be accessed by moisture easier than a putting them in the closet on a shelf.Just because moisture tends to stay low to the floor than closer to the ceiling. Plus its dark in the closet (i assume). you want your shoes to be kept in anarea where temperature doesnt change A LOT.

Originally Posted by FPSee

I don't know if it's been mentioned before and this thread is too big for me to search, but I just got a pair of OG shadow X's, and there's some cracking on the midsole.
frown.gif

4255726150_7d9075b3ae_b.jpg

4254964875_671bba848c_b.jpg

4254967283_4a86aa065d_b.jpg

Originally Posted by FPSee

frown.gif

4255726150_7d9075b3ae_b.jpg

the only way to salvage those shadow x's is to sole swap that
ohwell.gif

if you were to try to glue the midsole where the cracks are and you try to wear it.
the midsole will crumble on you.

thinking about buying a DS pair of concord retros that were stored in ziplock bags with silica.

i was planning to wear them. will they fall apart on me as soon as i put my foot inside? is there any signs i can tell the seller the check for that canindicate if they will fall apart on me?

Originally Posted by jpena0306

the only way to salvage those shadow x's is to sole swap that
ohwell.gif

if you were to try to glue the midsole where the cracks are and you try to wear it.
the midsole will crumble on you.
frown.gif

I don't want to that, at least not by my lonesome, plus IDK where I'd get another sole from.

Best way would be sole swap. if it was minor, i'd suggest caulk but seeing the pictures. yeah sole swap would be recommended.
Originally Posted by jae oh en

thinking about buying a DS pair of concord retros that were stored in ziplock bags with silica.

i was planning to wear them. will they fall apart on me as soon as i put my foot inside? is there any signs i can tell the seller the check for that can indicate if they will fall apart on me?
Nothing should be wrong. The midsoles arent like III's, IVs, Vs, etc. But look for any sole seperation from the clear sole to the midsole. andthe midsole to the shoe, before you buy.

Originally Posted by rauls054

anybody know wear i can get some laces for the 12s white ones
Shoe stores, Target, Wal-mart. im pretty sure they have some identical ones. might possibly be skinnier thank normal.

Isn't there someone I can go to?
NT needs shoe doctors or something. lol
There's a lot of sneaker doctors on ISS that specialize in sole swapping.
You can try going to a shoe repair shop with your pair and another pair of Xs and ask if they can do a sole swap. wouldnt hurt to ask.

I'm looking at purchasing a pair of Jordans and the owner has said that he has applied Clear Coat to the midsoles to "prevent further cracking".To my knowledge clear coat is an acrylic based paint. Does anyone know if this would damage the shoes in any way, possibly by drying the midsole or decreasingits' flexibility and thus making it crumble?

Any insight would be much appreciated.

i would like to know how could i clean some scuff marks off the kobe V's on the PL type material..
i've tried to use that footlocker shoe cleaner and still no luck
thanks in advance

Originally Posted by captainkeyz

Hey guys how can i get rid of the grey lines and restore the suede on these things, i dont wanna Un-DS my other play off 8's...I need some to wear....Also there is bad creasing in these and i wanna get rid of it

if by "gray lines" you mean the areas where the fabric are sewn together on the toe? if so then sharpie should take care of it..had the sameproblem with my metallic 5's.

so to clean the white mesh upper on the concrod xi's bar keepers friend shopuld do the job....the uppers have got somewhat discolored like a slightyellowing/dirty look...will bar keepers friend work for this

just wondering about waterproofing the space jams, would it be safe on the patent/icy soles? i always waterproof my kicks but i've never done it on icysoles or patent leather

I've got Jean stains on my red dmp v and I don't know what to uses to get it out without messing the suede up any help????

Back
Top Bottom