:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Does anyone know how to clean a pair Flip 3's.... I also have some cracking on the soles....Ive had them since 2008 and the elephant pprint has gottendirty, i need those kicks white again or atleast greyish tone....Please post some tips..ill post pictures soon

Gotta question,

My All-Star XX3's are starting to yellow, anything to restore em back to the original white? Also how much is SeaGlow and where can i purchase?

Thanks

Originally Posted by FPSee

Originally Posted by Rawk Shorty

does sea glow work on other sneakers that dont have icy bottoms?
i have some yellowing on the soles of my 13's
is they're anyway to get rid of that
thanks in advance
only works with clear bottom soles.
sand paper or repaint.

Originally Posted by jimmy051702

yea but is there more than just that eraser?
a brush.
Originally Posted by Shackery Dakery

so on my 2001 retro III's that i just bought, i took em out the box and the soles just disintegrated... are they done for?
if its falling apart, then yes

Actually seaglow works great on white midsoles that have yellowed or are dirty. In fact it is the absolute best cleaner for white leather/midsoles on the market. Even better than magic eraser, and there is no need to put it in the sun...........just apply on a rag and it will take almost any stain off!

1999-2001 Retro 3 & 4 owners who wear them and have not had them crackor disintegrate.

I have a few questions for you guys.

1- How often do you wear them?
2- How do you store them?
3- Are you EVER worried about them having the same fate like many others?

I ask because lately... I've been worried about my pair giving out on me(99 black/red 4). I keep them in rotation to be worn around once every 2 weeks.It's my favorite pair and I'd hate to have to go look for another pair that's wearable and have to shell out more. I'm feeling that it'sinevitable... Even though the previous owner wore them a lot. I don't know if I should be wearing them more, or less. Any input would be appreciated... Ihope this is the right place for this.

Hey guys how can i get rid of the grey lines and restore the suede on these things, i dont wanna Un-DS my other play off 8's...I need some to wear....Alsothere is bad creasing in these and i wanna get rid of it

Quick question, do Force Fields work on V's? Do they constrict the toes thus maybe getting a half a size bigger? Thanks in advance y'all.

I need help getting rid of the creases in my green Bean 5's and both DMP 7's
Also how do you stop cracking with the Flip 3's and is it good to wrap them with plastic wrap

I heard that you can use a uv lamp instead of sunlight when using seaglow. What is the cheapest and best uv light to use.

Originally Posted by tHe174Movement

I heard that you can use a uv lamp instead of sunlight when using seaglow. What is the cheapest and best uv light to use.

You would want to first purchase a shop light hood, 24in or 48 in and purchase two daylight UV bulbs. It will say daylight or a warm color bulb will work! Whole setup costs around 25 to 30 bucks!

Originally Posted by MajornvmMinor

so yea my space jams definetly got a little dirty last night when i UNdsed them.... any suggestions? its like black dirt? soap and water or do i just need to go ahead and seaglow?

and the point of seaglowing dirt off of soles are?
Originally Posted by tonyspeight17

Gotta question,

My All-Star XX3's are starting to yellow, anything to restore em back to the original white? Also how much is SeaGlow and where can i purchase?

Thanks

repaint. $30 plus tax around there. islandgirlproduct.com
Originally Posted by captainkeyz

Does anyone know how to clean a pair Flip 3's.... I also have some cracking on the soles....Ive had them since 2008 and the elephant pprint has gotten dirty, i need those kicks white again or atleast greyish tone....Please post some tips..ill post pictures soon

repaint mid-soles is best way. You can use suede eraser for the elephant print to get them looking new.
Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

How do I restore the black color in the suede of my xviii's?

rub small amount of baby oil on it.
Originally Posted by ShoeGuru50

I need help getting rid of the creases in my green Bean 5's and both DMP 7's
Also how do you stop cracking with the Flip 3's and is it good to wrap them with plastic wrap

theres really no best way to get rid of creases. To prevent cracking, stop wearing them. Cracking is inevitable if you wear them. And no its not good to putthem in plastic wraps because it'll dry out the mid-sole causing it to crumble and crack even worse when wearing.
Originally Posted by captainkeyz

Hey guys how can i get rid of the grey lines and restore the suede on these things, i dont wanna Un-DS my other play off 8's...I need some to wear....Also there is bad creasing in these and i wanna get rid of it

grey lines? if your talking about fading on the suede, baby oil will restore it good. and getting rid of creases is really impossible if you wear themcasually. if you do get "rid" of it. it'll come back still no matter what
Originally Posted by lildrew112

Quick question, do Force Fields work on V's? Do they constrict the toes thus maybe getting a half a size bigger? Thanks in advance y'all.

Force fields works best for flat surfaced toe boxes

Originally Posted by tHe174Movement

dont forget to buy the outlet cord..gotta wire them yourself..pretty easy

Does anybody know if the "dark blue" on turtlefeathers.net resembles the true blue on my spizike?
And what angelus paint should I use for the grey on my Cool Greys?

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Its there anything I should spray on my Space Jam XIs before I wear them?

not that i know of.

Originally Posted by ketchupking2

do you think OG '93 AJ XIII are still wearable?

depends what the condition is.

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN WHITE MESH ON DMP 11S? I DO NOT WANT TO USE BAR KEEPERS FRIEND B/C I HAD BAD RESULT WITH THE MESH GOING FLAT AND STIFF. ANY HELPMADLY APPRECIATED.. PM ME IF POSSIBLE

Originally Posted by ketchupking2

oops i meant if the AJ VIII OG Playoffs are wearable, no?
possibly. i know the midsoles of VIII are known to get VERY brittle over time and crumble on FIRST WEAR. So I wouldn't risk it.

Originally Posted by andyMR3

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN WHITE MESH ON DMP 11S? I DO NOT WANT TO USE BAR KEEPERS FRIEND B/C I HAD BAD RESULT WITH THE MESH GOING FLAT AND STIFF. ANY HELP MADLY APPRECIATED.. PM ME IF POSSIBLE
RIT is alternative.

^ can anybody tell me their experience with rit to clean dmp xi white mesh.. thanks.. pics appreciated.. thank for response fp

i have a question for storing the 09 space jams, i want to keep them DS for A LONG TIME, i took out the tissue paper in the box, but how bout the blue plastic"XI" covering...should i take that out also? or leave it?

^ can anybody tell me their experience with rit to clean dmp xi white mesh.. thanks.. pics appreciated.. thank for response fp

ISS have a tut. on RIT with lots of pictures. and no problem.

Originally Posted by ROYALTY D

i have a question for storing the 09 space jams, i want to keep them DS for A LONG TIME, i took out the tissue paper in the box, but how bout the blue plastic "XI" covering...should i take that out also? or leave it?

i still find it stupid for whoever said that tissue helps the soles turn yellow faster but thats just my opinion, but the plastic covering should be left. ifsomebody says that helps the soles turn yellow also. i will slap them.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by FPSee

ISS have a tut. on RIT with lots of pictures. and no problem.

Originally Posted by ROYALTY D

i have a question for storing the 09 space jams, i want to keep them DS for A LONG TIME, i took out the tissue paper in the box, but how bout the blue plastic "XI" covering...should i take that out also? or leave it?

i still find it stupid for whoever said that tissue helps the soles turn yellow faster but thats just my opinion, but the plastic covering should be left. if somebody says that helps the soles turn yellow also. i will slap them.
grin.gif

Should they be stored in a ziplock bag with no silica gel or should they be left in the box with a few silica gel packets? Gotta keep the soles ICY! Pleasehelp!

Back
Top Bottom