:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Sea glow? When I went to purchase the product I noticed they have different types of sea glow. Which
one should I buy to use on my soles?

Sea_Glow.jpg

NT I finally found a solution to my problem. For ages I've tried to darken the black suede on my Jordans. I had problems with my Retro VIII's and Retro V's fading to grey. I've tried the hand sanitizer method, spray protector for suede, everyhting NT suggested. I have a solution to your problem.

I dye Clark's and I thought it would be a good idea to dye my suede Jordans. I use suede dyes but I had some Black RIT lying around from some black jeans I dyed. I poured 2 parts black dye to 1 part of water into a glass container. I have microbrushes that are extremely small and absorb the paint. Another good idea is to use makeup appliers that do not release lint. You simply apply the dye evenly in one coat and it dries without seeing any brush strokes. Let it dry for 30 minutes and your Jordans will look amazing. The best thing is it blends in with the other suedes. I only painted my fronts and it matches the rest of the surrounding suede around it.

I destroyed my VIII's in the snow and they became really ashy. After I cleaned my shoes and painted them with one coat, they look entirely new. If you don't believe me, look at the before and after pics.
730252eefd6a9c0153ac3895e429a038c35d7fb.jpg
Before. They were soo ashy looking.

3b6352cee7d56c64c40e57f2cf3a8e33db772f9.jpg
After. They look uniform and great! Sorry for the bad pics.

Originally Posted by IvyLeagueRamon

NT I finally found a solution to my problem. For ages I've tried to darken the black suede on my Jordans. I had problems with my Retro VIII's and Retro V's fading to grey. I've tried the hand sanitizer method, spray protector for suede, everyhting NT suggested. I have a solution to your problem.

I dye Clark's and I thought it would be a good idea to dye my suede Jordans. I use suede dyes but I had some Black RIT lying around from some black jeans I dyed. I poured 2 parts black dye to 1 part of water into a glass container. I have microbrushes that are extremely small and absorb the paint. Another good idea is to use makeup appliers that do not release lint. You simply apply the dye evenly in one coat and it dries without seeing any brush strokes. Let it dry for 30 minutes and your Jordans will look amazing. The best thing is it blends in with the other suedes. I only painted my fronts and it matches the rest of the surrounding suede around it.

I destroyed my VIII's in the snow and they became really ashy. After I cleaned my shoes and painted them with one coat, they look entirely new. If you don't believe me, look at the before and after pics.

you said black rit or dye?
im very interested in this because i have a couple of black suede shoes that could use some help

Originally Posted by glitch008

Originally Posted by KACIN

Attn:  XI Restoration experts

I've got (2) major issues with a pair of Cool Grey that needs to be restored.  First, the soles need to whitened (Planning:  Sea Glow method).  Secondly, the midsoles are beginning to separate from the patent leather part of shoe (Planning:  Shoe Goo method).  I've taken the time to search through most of the 141 pages over a period of 3 days but I have not found a definitive answer, so here goes my question.

My question is, since Sea Glow has the potential to deteriorate the glues associated with the structure of the shoe (if i'm not careful enough), should I go ahead and whiten the bottoms BEFORE I look into repairing the separation - OR do you recommend that I worry about the mending the separation before I waste the time, the resources and the effort with the Sea Glow whitening process?

My gut reaction says to worry about the soles first, because even though i'll whiten them as carefully as I can, there's still a chance that they can become exposed to unwanted areas of the shoe.  Also, since they're already due for a little shoe goo, perhaps it'll give me the liberty to "scrub" a little harder...

Just looking for experienced opinions.

Thanks.

I suggest that you seaglow them first before you glue them back. Seaglow is so potent that it sometimes tends to deteriorate the glue even without contact with it.
Do as much seaglow sessions as you can before sticking back the soles.

Seaglow does not eat glue! It has been proved! Apply the seaglow with a paintbrush BUT wipe off excess first and then apply, this way you wont apply too much..

Hey all, I need help with this issue I have as soon as you guys can respond..... This happened last night and im terribly saddened as I just got these shoes a week ago and paid 163 dollars for them, and saved money just to buy these shoes for a month straight.....
Basically I was using the "suede/nubuck" foaming cleaner that you can buy at finish line and its the foaming spray can with the brush on the top of the lid. Oh and sorry, the shoes we are talking about here are the 2010 air jordan 6 black / varsity red's which of course
are suede... But there was a stain looking area on the toe of one of the shoes, so I sprayed it with the foaming spray, and used the lid (which has a brush) and did circular motions to get the foam into the area, and I repeated twice... Then when I took a look at it THIS IS
WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!! Please Please someone help me and tell me what I can do at this point to even fix the suede on the toe box.... I worked really hard for these shoes, and I really love them... I would hate to have ruined them for good.... Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by IvyLeagueRamon

Hello fellow NT members,
i have recently bought a pair of DMP 11's and plan to use the blue sea glow to clear up the soles since they are yellowed.
I have been reading, how EXACTLY do i apply the sea glow, do i use the same steps as listed on page 1, or are there better ways to apply the sea glow?
thanks

Is it possible for a vintage shoe to oxidize/yellow within a few minutes or hours? I was taking pics of one of my 1991 OG VI's and I don't know if I'm just paranoid or what, but the soles seemed to look more yellow after the photo shoot. I have a sun roof in my living room and I was using natural light briefly to enter the room. (I had the window shades open too.)

Is this possible to yellow so quickly? Or are my eyes playing tricks on me?

The patent leather on my Columbia XI is slightly yellowed. I don't know of any possible way to get the patent to lighten or look any better, but if anyone has any suggestions, please share.

does anyone know how i can fix the yellowed front of the toe box, any replies will be appreciated thanks alot

NTFynestL wrote:
The patent leather on my Columbia XI is slightly yellowed. I don't know of any possible way to get the patent to lighten or look any better, but if anyone has any suggestions, please share.

There is nothing that can be done to lighten or reverse the yellowing in the PL, sorry. Lots of NTers have tried many different things to stop the yellowing but nothing works.

I saw an add for "jgoods restoration kit", and I was just curious if it was any good? If anyone has tried it, and if you guys have any good suggestions for other materials, paints, ideas to repair leather cuts, getting scuffs out of plastic, etc.

If this kit is no good are there any others? I want to get my OG White Jordan XVII's looking DS, they are in real good shape, just need to paint the grey auto paint area and clean the blue plastic. N fix one cut in the leather. I have heard that rubbing alcohol is the best way to fix the blue plastic n to use auto paint on the silver. I'm sorry, new to this site as well. Any info would be great. Thanks.

hello-

the gum rubber at the end of the shoe is starting to seperate from the patent leather on the toe.    what kind of shoe glue would be best for fixing it?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom