:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Just a general question, on every shoe I wear, after about 4-5 wearings i noticed around the heel area of the shoes they are small parts left over from the socks I have work. How do I avoid this from happening? Or is there no way of stopping this? I initially thought this happened because I weat my shoes loose and there is a lot of rubbing of my heel and the back of the shoe. But I have work shoes tied up tight and this still occurs.

Any thoughts?

Hey guys. I had these Aqua 8’s since they released back in 2007. The paint is coming off. I want to re paint them. Does anybody know where I can get the purple and Aqua paint ?
Thanks

Is there a way to clean the yellowing  near the hard plastic area such as the heel tab and parts of the mid sole? Thanks in advance Gurus!!!!

Hey guys...real quick qustionI am restoring these Metallic 5's and I noticed the scuffs on the upper heel ( black part that bubbles out)Is there anyway to fix this??? Sorry for the bad pic, I took it while my repaint was drying. But you can still see the spots that I am talking about.

jgoods:  I don't think there is a way to clean the yellowing of the heel tab and the midsoles bc i think it's patent leather and there's no way of reversing the yellowing process on patent leather

freshdunks44: since it's suede, you can try angelus suede dye

jonynitro:  you'll need to use angelus paint but...i don't think they have the aqua color you'll have to mix and experiment with different kind of colors

reckless ty:  you can maybe paint them back white with angelus leather paint or you can try cleaning it with mr. clean magic eraser

ryansoxfan:  freeze the gum with ice then once it's frozen scrape it off

swmlon:  my guess it's probably just lint? and you can take it off with a lint roller or just take some tape, place it on the area with the lint, and then, remove the tape.  it's kind of like a hair waxing process lol

tommy gibbs:  it depends how you want to clean it.  if you're trying to make it clear again, use seaglow. or if you're trying to clean residue and dirt, you can just use water and soap.

http://freshdunks44.niketalk.yuku.com

where can i order this sea glow for the return of my icey soles? also whats the purpose of putting icey sole shoes in zip lock bags?

JordanHead21:  I've never personally bought Jason Mark's products but from reading past posts in this topic, all I've read were positive reviews on it. 

ALWAYZJWALK: you can order seaglow at islandgirlproducts.com.  i've seen people selling 1-2 oz bottles over at...iss.

is seaglow the best for oylmpic 6's on the icy parts...they are yellowing and i never worn them. Also whats the link to buy sea glow?

dejahnw: i just posted the site where you can buy seaglow. please take the time and look at past posts for answers. thanks!

Is Barkeepers friend colour safe?
The tongue of my dub zeros has yellowish tint. I would use diluted bleach but it has the signiature "T W O 3" in black going down vertically.

I tried oxiclean and it didn't work for !#+* and I'm desperate.

Originally Posted by swmlon

Just a general question, on every shoe I wear, after about 4-5 wearings i noticed around the heel area of the shoes they are small parts left over from the socks I have work. How do I avoid this from happening? Or is there no way of stopping this? I initially thought this happened because I weat my shoes loose and there is a lot of rubbing of my heel and the back of the shoe. But I have work shoes tied up tight and this still occurs.

Any thoughts?
wear different socks if you don't want sock nap....you can wear dri-fit socks or dress sock material that wont leave lent

Originally Posted by Jonynitro

hey guys
i bought like 3 packs of zip lock bags for a couple of kicks. but they dont fit. can anyone tell me what size i need to but them so kicks like the space jams size 9.5 can fit it ?
thanks

2.5 gallon hefty....you can get them at target...remember your leather has to breath so don't go to crazy

does anyone have any tips on how to clean the suede on the

hare vii's without darkening them? that off-white suede is so hard

to keep clean

i just bought some grape spikes and i wanted to slow yellowing so i got some yellow armor all and applied it to the bottom of the shoe and mesh netting.  my question is how many coats should i use and how often should i apply it?
thanks

Ed2Trey: use a timberland brush and eraser (not one of them plastic translucent ones) and just erase LIGHTLY, then use the brush and clean it up
thas really what I do for majority of my suedes that aren't black. With that method I've never met a stain I couldn't conquer.

Back
Top Bottom