:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Is the pastic heel tab on my III's drying out? A sort of fog-like cloud is developing around the bottom near the "Air" logo.
264rmna.jpg

So I have a question about storing sneakers during the winter. I have a room I store all my shoes in the boxes, along with other important clothes and items. However, i've noticed that the room is much colder then other rooms in the house. I leave the shoes on the box on the floor of my closet, which is wood... so the shoes are kinda cold. I'd like to know if the shoes are goin to be effected this way or not? since I hear moisture is not so good.

Anyone know how to clean the suede on cool grey 3's.. They got stepped on
ohwell.gif
and also same for the line on the tounge of the white black 9's??

Originally Posted by krs1demian

Sup Guys,
I don't really post in here, or on NT in general that often. Too much 5th grade behavior and not enough helpful information.
Anyway I recently copped some DMP 11's for a decent price, but when I got them, the white upper looked HELLA dingy, pretty disappointing considering how excited I was to have these sneakers. So I sifted through all the pages of this extensive thread and found the perfect solution. The only negative was I wasn't convinced with the proof that is offered here. Especially with the seemingly on going debate between using Bar Keeper's Friend and RIT? I decided to go with the BKF..... here is what I've accomplished so far, far from done... I'll probably update when I make some more progress.

Ps. Any advice on cleaning the laces? I was thinking a diluted water/bleach solution in a water bottle or something along those lines....
PPs. These were taken with the most amazing cell phone on the planet...the iPhone 4.... so i know the quality is lacking a tiny bit

uncleaned in front...
353bgqa.jpg

cleaned in front....
i2qdg0.jpg

side by side....
2dihagw.jpg

NICE JOB HOMIE
oh n i know this is waaay off topic but.....Evo over Iphone all day lol 
tongue.gif

o and by the way

laugh.gif

if your like me, you wear your shoes, and they get dirty. duhh

anyways im sharing the process i use to clean my shoes, i had the opportunity, after taking them hiking
laugh.gif

i have an extra pair + a pair of infrareds so ive just been beating these to death.
anyways heres my process for cleaning/restoring the color and shine on them.

(Please Note, i dont reccomend doing this all the time, the magic eraser seems to take off some of the nap )

What You Need:

BEFORE:

Step 1: BRUSH everything with the suede brush, try to get as much dust as you can off of the suede, you want to brush spots as much as you can, sometimes this along will clean up the shoes nicely, if not continue brushing until you dont see any more improvement.

Step 2: Get the Magic Eraser Wet, then squeeze as much water off of it as you can. you just want it to be damp, if you leave it soaking wet, itll leave water spot stains on your suede, you dont want that. After this, rub the entire shoe with the magic eraser, and pay close attention to stains, rubbing the edge of the eraser will help get tough stains out (in my case i had a hot sauce stain in my right shoe)

Step 3: Use the Paper towels to dry the shoes by PATTING ON THEM. do not rub, itll take more nap off, and youll be left with some weird looking shoes. dry them with this method as much as you can, then brush them up again, until you can see that the water is dry.

Step 4: Put 2-4 drops of Formula 21 on the suede brush, its important to only use as much as u need to, dont drown the brush in the spray, or else your shoes will get stained, AND lose its nappiness. this conditions the suede, and brings out its natural color, ive noticed that after this, dust and lint seems to stick more to the shoe, so carrying the brush with you if your going out is a good idea, or letting them dry 2-3 days completely after treating them is also a good idea.

AFTER:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Note: Like i said Ive noticed that doing this often changes the texture of the suede, my pair has less furry-ness but depending on who you ask, some people may like this (it is now resembling durabuck without losing its color) so just be cautious not to do this too often, only when your shoes are extremely dirty (as mine were)[/color]

good luck
pimp.gif

Is there a way to restore the XIII pods when they turn colors from the suede like the picture below, please help if anybody knows how to make them back to orginal form, good looks.......

Is there a way to restore the XIII pods when they turn colors from the suede like the picture below, please help if anybody knows how to make them back to orginal form, good looks.......

Sea glow will whiten the soles again. You just have to do a few times to get the soles white. The more you do it the better the results.

Is there a way to restore the XIII pods when they turn colors from the suede like the picture below, please help if anybody knows how to make them back to original form or if theres a way to paint over them to make them look good at least...........

I hate posting in here cuz somebody never helps out. Thankz A lot. Newayz if somebody would like to I really appreciated but I just wanna see if theres a way to restore the XIII pods when they turn colors from the suede like the picture below, if anybody knows how to make them back to original form or if theres a way to paint over them to make them look good at least...........

Originally Posted by G KICKS1012

Has anyone used Rit color remover on white mesh of the XI's. I used bfk but it just frays the mesh

I recently just used Rit on my XI concords, It worked out pretty good wit mines so yeah I would definitely recommend it anyone who is trying to make their mesh more white.

I have these beat concords that I'm gonna restore. Would it be possible to remove the air soles and replace them with zoom insoles? Is this a good or bad idea? Thanks.

Can anyone point me in the direction on how to fix my cool grey 3's and the cracking?

I mean it's awful. The grey is cracked all white and the white is virtually disappearing.

Paint? Anything?

When re-glueing sole backs on, should wrap tape around the shoes to keep the sole there mor what? Do yall understand what i mean?

Back
Top Bottom