:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I hate posting in here cuz somebody never helps out. Thankz A lot. Newayz if somebody would like to I really appreciated but I just wanna see if theres a way to restore the XIII pods when they turn colors from the suede like the picture below, if anybody knows how to make them back to original form or if theres a way to paint over them to make them look good at least...........

I hate posting in here cuz somebody never helps out. Thankz A lot. Newayz if somebody would like to I really appreciated but I just wanna see if theres a way to restore the XIII pods when they turn colors from the suede like the picture below, if anybody knows how to make them back to original form or if theres a way to paint over them to make them look good at least...........

so, i took out the box paper for all my air jordan 5's today. they havent really yellowed too bad yet (06's) will taking the paper out now increase the chances of them yellowing faster?

Can anything be done about this indentation in the patent leather on my Columbias?

What can be done to clean the black dirt off my pink snakeskins?

Thanks all!

How does one go about re-painting the chipping of III Black Cats? Do I have to strip the the whole midsole and then repaint? How would I go about doing this and what type of black paint would I use to repaint?

I would like to know the best method for repainting 3's as well.  Do people lightly take sandpaper to the midsole to strip all the paint and then repaint?

Can I use angelus paint on the midsoles of the osbian 12s I'm looking to buy some just need to know before I cop thxs

how do i take the yellow off on the sole (not the bottom sole) of my white and university blue 12's?

and how do i clean canvas?

to the people that got the rit what store did you get it from. ive looked all over the place for it and no luck. all i see is the powder

Originally Posted by johnnel

to the people that got the rit what store did you get it from. ive looked all over the place for it and no luck. all i see is the powder

I got mine in the supermarket (shoprite) I'm not sure if u got one around your area but thats where I got it from so maybe you would like to check your local supermarket for it.

Originally Posted by gentry187

Anybody know how to remove the yellowing off the soles? Any suggestions?

best thing i say is jus paint it white thats how my mochas 3 were
B4

After

i saw somewhere that seaglow on a towel and some scrubbing will make yellowed rubber white again. i havent tried it but who knows

Hello, can anyone tell me how to fix an unglued heal on the Space Jam Xi's.....the bottom part is unglued almost completely, but the rest of the shoe is intact. Is there a special type of sneaker glue I can buy or should get?

Originally Posted by friscojordan415

Hello, can anyone tell me how to fix an unglued heal on the Space Jam Xi's.....the bottom part is unglued almost completely, but the rest of the shoe is intact. Is there a special type of sneaker glue I can buy or should get?

YES, GORILLA GLUE!

I am about to try Barkeeper's friend for the upper mesh on my DMP XI's and Silver anniversary XI's.....any advice on the amount of powder I should use and wipe the mesh with as well?

I am about to purchase some Black Magic Tire Wet from Amazon.com, but need to know which one works best for the patent leather on the XI's.........aerosol, foam, wet spray? Thanks in advance.

Can anyone help me with a better method to thoroughly clean the sole of Jordans with a herringbone pattern? I buy lots of used kicks to restore and the one problem I cannot seem to get around is the actual sole of the shoe. I have tried going through each individual "trench" with a Q-tip and shoe cleaner, only to come away with painful, cramped fingers after a few minutes. I have also tried a heavy duty toothbrush, which was easier on my hands but met with limited results. Is there some kind of tool I could re-purpose to get in there and clean out the sole really well? What types of cleaners work best? Is there anything that I could leave directly applied to the sole overnight and come back the next day to find a completely cleaned out herringbone pattern? What do you guys use? Thanks for any help in advance!

I used bar keepers friend on my dmp xi and now the mesh has turned black is there any way to repair? i tried adding water and cleaning off but it just seems to turn darker.

Originally Posted by friscojordan415

I am about to try Barkeeper's friend for the upper mesh on my DMP XI's and Silver anniversary XI's.....any advice on the amount of powder I should use and wipe the mesh with as well?
You should mix it enough with the water so it is almost like a paste, but be sure not to leave it on the mesh too long or it will mess it up

Hey guys, I just bought a pair if black/red 13's and the red part is a little bit dirty. I want to clean it, but I don't even know what kind of material it is. It's not suede I don't think, it feels like micro fiber almost. I don't want to ruin it or make it bleed. What can I clean it with?

Originally Posted by SingleDigitJsOnly

Can anyone help me with a better method to thoroughly clean the sole of Jordans with a herringbone pattern? I buy lots of used kicks to restore and the one problem I cannot seem to get around is the actual sole of the shoe. I have tried going through each individual "trench" with a Q-tip and shoe cleaner, only to come away with painful, cramped fingers after a few minutes. I have also tried a heavy duty toothbrush, which was easier on my hands but met with limited results. Is there some kind of tool I could re-purpose to get in there and clean out the sole really well? What types of cleaners work best? Is there anything that I could leave directly applied to the sole overnight and come back the next day to find a completely cleaned out herringbone pattern? What do you guys use? Thanks for any help in advance!
Hey ,
A few years back when I was reading a post on niketalk somone mentioned a product named " Soft Scrub" works REALLY well for cleaning the soles of your jordans / sneakers. I wanted to test it so I bought a botle of this stuff from the store and it works amazingly well for cleaning the soles of my kicks and I never stopped using it since. I dont remeber the name of the niketalker who posted that adcvice but whoever it was I thank them so much because the "Soft Scrub" product works really well.
 Heres the simple method for clenaing your soles when using "Soft Scrub" .

1. Wet the Bottom of your shoes so thats it's damp by running it under water in the  a sink.(Of course avoid as much as possible allowing water to enter the insides of your shoes during this process.
2. Apply some of the "soft scrub" product from the soft scrub bottle directly onto the soles while holding the shoe upside down.
3. Start Scrubbing the bottom of your sneaker  with a toothbrush. It's a soapy looking product once it's applied and scrubbed with a toothbursh. Scrub all over the bottom of your soles as much as needed.
4. Rinse off the the bottom of the soles with water once your finsihed scrubbing, and you'll notice much cleaners soles .
5. You can dry your kicks off yourself or set them down to dry. And thats all there is to it.
I'll post a direct link to the product i'm talking about so you can know what it looks like when you see it in the store. usually they have it in Stores like Rite Aid ,CVS, pathmark,... 
http://www.softscrub.com/Soft-Scrub-With-Beach-Cleanser

Also Soft Scrub may contain bleach so I only reccomend using soft scrub to clean only the soles ( bottom ) of your sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom