:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

can anybody tell me how to get the tounge of the white black 9's clean again?
mine are the recent retros and still look new but got stepped on and the line on the touge is dark and i tryed cleaning with the shoe cleaner from finishline but it didnt worked
and i tryed the brush on the cleaner but now the line is like fuzzier and da dark spot which was blackish is now brownish..
can anyone help?

Can anyone tell me what to use to get jean stains off my Cool Grey XIs...I read on pg 1 that alcohol works, but with that be ok on the nubuck? Thanks in advance!!

What are the chances that my soles will separate if I seaglow my concords??? Also, is it true that the bottom sole loses traction/gets slick???

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Hey ,
A few years back when I was reading a post on niketalk somone mentioned a product named " Soft Scrub" works REALLY well for cleaning the soles of your jordans / sneakers. I wanted to test it so I bought a botle of this stuff from the store and it works amazingly well for cleaning the soles of my kicks and I never stopped using it since. I dont remeber the name of the niketalker who posted that adcvice but whoever it was I thank them so much because the "Soft Scrub" product works really well.
 Heres the simple method for clenaing your soles when using "Soft Scrub" .

1. Wet the Bottom of your shoes so thats it's damp by running it under water in the  a sink.(Of course avoid as much as possible allowing water to enter the insides of your shoes during this process.
2. Apply some of the "soft scrub" product from the soft scrub bottle directly onto the soles while holding the shoe upside down.
3. Start Scrubbing the bottom of your sneaker  with a toothbrush. It's a soapy looking product once it's applied and scrubbed with a toothbursh. Scrub all over the bottom of your soles as much as needed.
4. Rinse off the the bottom of the soles with water once your finsihed scrubbing, and you'll notice much cleaners soles .
5. You can dry your kicks off yourself or set them down to dry. And thats all there is to it.
I'll post a direct link to the product i'm talking about so you can know what it looks like when you see it in the store. usually they have it in Stores like Rite Aid ,CVS, pathmark,... 
http://www.softscrub.com/Soft-Scrub-With-Beach-Cleanser

Also Soft Scrub may contain bleach so I only reccomend using soft scrub to clean only the soles ( bottom ) of your sneakers.

Hey,
Thanks for the helpful advice. I will give the softscrub stuff a shot. I only have one question. Since it may have bleach on it, have you ever had any trouble with it running down the sides of the shoes and staining or fading the material? Or do you just have to be really careful to let it sit only on the sole? I ask because no matter how hard I try with the other stuff I've tried, somehow, at least a little drop always seems to get on the actual shoe itself, don't ask me how. Thanks again!

I think I'm going to get the Jordan VI Infrared Pack soon (DS). I was wondering, after I wear them, should I put them back in their their protective plastic bag with silica packs? Or should I just forget about putting them in plastic and just leave them in the box with silica packs? Thanks NT.

Originally Posted by SingleDigitJsOnly

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

Hey ,
A few years back when I was reading a post on niketalk somone mentioned a product named " Soft Scrub" works REALLY well for cleaning the soles of your jordans / sneakers. I wanted to test it so I bought a botle of this stuff from the store and it works amazingly well for cleaning the soles of my kicks and I never stopped using it since. I dont remeber the name of the niketalker who posted that adcvice but whoever it was I thank them so much because the "Soft Scrub" product works really well.
 Heres the simple method for clenaing your soles when using "Soft Scrub" .

1. Wet the Bottom of your shoes so thats it's damp by running it under water in the  a sink.(Of course avoid as much as possible allowing water to enter the insides of your shoes during this process.
2. Apply some of the "soft scrub" product from the soft scrub bottle directly onto the soles while holding the shoe upside down.
3. Start Scrubbing the bottom of your sneaker  with a toothbrush. It's a soapy looking product once it's applied and scrubbed with a toothbursh. Scrub all over the bottom of your soles as much as needed.
4. Rinse off the the bottom of the soles with water once your finsihed scrubbing, and you'll notice much cleaners soles .
5. You can dry your kicks off yourself or set them down to dry. And thats all there is to it.
I'll post a direct link to the product i'm talking about so you can know what it looks like when you see it in the store. usually they have it in Stores like Rite Aid ,CVS, pathmark,... 

Also Soft Scrub may contain bleach so I only reccomend using soft scrub to clean only the soles ( bottom ) of your sneakers.

Hey,
Thanks for the helpful advice. I will give the softscrub stuff a shot. I only have one question. Since it may have bleach on it, have you ever had any trouble with it running down the sides of the shoes and staining or fading the material? Or do you just have to be really careful to let it sit only on the sole? I ask because no matter how hard I try with the other stuff I've tried, somehow, at least a little drop always seems to get on the actual shoe itself, don't ask me how. Thanks again!

Hey,
yeah it's run down the sides of my kicks before while cleaning but it has not stained or faded the material of my kicks and has had no negative effects whatsoever . It's not a big issue for me I just rinse it off with water  or wipe it with a cloth  & then rinse off with water and it looks and feels the same afterwards. Nothing happens to the kicks that changes the physcial appearance of the kicks or effects the matereial of the kicks if some of  it happens to get on the sides of the shoes instead of the soles.It will not stain the material of the kicks or change the color , the kicks will look and feel the same once you rinse and / or wipe the sides off if some of the product happens to touch the sides of your sneakers. The only thing that won't look the same about your kicks is obviously the soles which will look ALOT cleaner and dirt free.

"The WORST things to use on shoes are: Glass Cleaner, Rubbing Alcohol, any kind of cleaner with bleach in it, anything with abrasive cleaners, such as borax, on the leather especially. Glass cleaner has ammonia in it, and even the ones that say ammonia free have a type of drying agent in them that will literally dry the leather right out. Alcohol is an astringent that will do exactly the same thing. Bleach, for obvious reasons, is just a bad idea in general. You can use Ajax to scrub the midsoles using a toothbrush, but be careful not to get it on the leather when scrubbing. It?s an abrasive, even though it?s mild, you can scratch the leather of the shoes." <<< That paragraph was quoted from Blazers21NTNP post.

I copied and pasted this advice from "Blazers21NTNP" very first post on this topic. After reading this, it's why I advised to NOT use soft scrub to clean the outside part of your kicks and just the soles itself since he mentions bleach is not a good idea in general. However I find soft scrub DOES NOT contain amoina but does contain bleach. You can verify it doesnt contain amonia by seeing all of the ingredients it contains by clicking the ingreidents tab for the soft scrub product. Also this product DOES NOT contain alcohol either. I never tried any other brand of the soft scrub just the one that comes in the white and green bottle in the following link

And heres the list of evey ingreident the soft scrub product contains .

Active Ingredient: Sodium Hypochlorite

Other Ingredients: Hydrochloric Acid, Alumina monohydrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Silicate, Secondary Alkane Sulfonate, Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Laurate, Aluminum Distearate, Lauryl Dimethylamine Oxide, Cetyl Dimethylamine Oxide, Fragrance, Water

I do not know what negative effects bleach has on your kicks I just  advised you to  get it on the soles only and not the outsides kicks because of the fact that Blazers21NTNP mentions bleach is a "bad idea in general". He mentions bleach is a bad idea for "obvious reasons" but does not state the reasons why so i'm not sure myself, so maybe you can ask him what are some of the reasons why bleach is a bad idea for kicks in general.

Thanks for your help! Yeah, I definitely will be sure to only use it on the actual outsole itself. I was concerned about running down the sides because I have a few pairs of OG XIII (including some playoffs I won last month for 29!) and I was concerned about the fuzzy, faux suede part on the midsoles. That part can be very fragile on original XIII's. Thanks again for all your help!

Originally Posted by SingleDigitJsOnly

Thanks for your help! Yeah, I definitely will be sure to only use it on the actual outsole itself. I was concerned about running down the sides because I have a few pairs of OG XIII (including some playoffs I won last month for 29!) and I was concerned about the fuzzy, faux suede part on the midsoles. That part can be very fragile on original XIII's. Thanks again for all your help!

Yes You're Welcome!
And Happy New Year to EVERYONE here at Niketalk!
happy.gif

All sneaker cleniang tips in this  thread I thank for, so I keep my jay's looking clean!!
pimp.gif

ARE ANTI STATIC BAGS OK 2USE?> I C DS PAIRS OF INFRA VI FROM '00 AND THEIR STILL ICY & DOES THIS EFFECT THE SHOE? OR CAN IT BE USED BC THEY USED THEM BAGS ON INFRA PACK....

My white and red xiii'are already starting to bleed like the og ones did. How can I clean the red off and how can I keep it from bleeding into other parts of the shoes? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by Twobig4u247

I used bar keepers friend on my dmp xi and now the mesh has turned black is there any way to repair? i tried adding water and cleaning off but it just seems to turn darker.
try rit color remover....should fully take out all color back to white
depending on severity
good luck

Originally Posted by 23edge

Is the pastic heel tab on my III's drying out? A sort of fog-like cloud is developing around the bottom near the "Air" logo.
264rmna.jpg

tab is oxidizing
the reaction that causes the color to turn white
could stop there
could continue
to my knowledge on that part of the 3 you cannot reverse it

Need some suggestions on how to whiten my soles and if its possible to fix the scuff on the right toe and to get the blue back to a clean state? It got messed up by getting hit on a fence. Any help is appreciated. I've had since 04 and only worn a couple of times since I got the scuff like the 3rd time I wore them
mad.gif
so I wanna rock them again if possible!

I still can't figure out the answer to the paper in the box. Should I leave it in or take it out? I have some white mesh Shox that turned yellow and I thought it was from the cardboard of the box. Should I take out paper completely or leave it in just folded in the bottom?

Originally Posted by bopeng0

can anybody tell me how to get the tounge of the white black 9's clean again?
mine are the recent retros and still look new but got stepped on and the line on the touge is dark and i tryed cleaning with the shoe cleaner from finishline but it didnt worked
and i tryed the brush on the cleaner but now the line is like fuzzier and da dark spot which was blackish is now brownish..
can anyone help?
cleaning mesh

1/4 cup clorox 2
3/4 cup water
toothbrush
damp cloth
sneaker cleaner (optional)

mix the two liquids
swish the brush around
scrub the tongue in a circular motion
continue until bright white again
spray sneaker cleaner on area
get a damp cloth
wipe it down and let it dry
hope it helps
i know clorox is said to speed yellowing but thats the point of clorox 2
it works amazing if done right
if you use too much clorox 2 it will leave the mesh with a blue tint

good luck

Originally Posted by Yung J Walker

Originally Posted by johnnel

to the people that got the rit what store did you get it from. ive looked all over the place for it and no luck. all i see is the powder

I got mine in the supermarket (shoprite) I'm not sure if u got one around your area but thats where I got it from so maybe you would like to check your local supermarket for it.

I got mine from Krogers

My black altitudes 13"s midsoles(pods) are ashy now since i whipped them off ! I hate this with some black midsoles after i clean them! Is i't anyway i can get them not to look ashy? Any help would be much appreciated

Any way to re attach the front of the toe box on the XIVs back to the suede/nubuck? My boy rocked em and they came loose.

Back
Top Bottom