Official Sons Of Anarchy Season 4 Thread: Season Finale Episode 14 "To Be - Act 2" (Tues 10 pm est)

Originally Posted by casekicks

I can't see the studio dumping SOA from it's lineup anytime soon..If Im not mistaken it's the highest rated show on the entire network..Unless Sutter completely, positively, 1000% jumps the shark then I'd say it'll make it to atleast a 7th season..

Every season gets higher ratings, it's FX #1 show ever ratings wise, this is a cash cow, it's going no where unless Sutter wants to end it

You gotta admit though, the guy that played him did an amazing job..Cause everyone person in this thread and on some others fansites can't stand this dude..Thats the mark of a really good actor..

You're right, I said this to myself every time he bothered me, couldn't help hating him 
roll.gif

You gotta admit though, the guy that played him did an amazing job..Cause everyone person in this thread and on some others fansites can't stand this dude..Thats the mark of a really good actor..

You're right, I said this to myself every time he bothered me, couldn't help hating him 
roll.gif

TMZ

The star of "Sons of Anarchy" just got an invitation to get his face bashed in by a real-life member of a motorcycle club who has a SERIOUS beef with the creator of the show.
It's all over some pretty incendiary comments made by "Sons" creator Kurt Sutter -- aimed at the stars of "The Devils Ride" ... a Discovery Channel reality show about the Laffing Devils motorcycle club in San Diego.

Sutter's tweet read, "Watched Devils Ride. Probably get in trouble for saying this, but I'm pretty sure my SOA actors could kick the sh*t out of this 'real' MC."

Obviously, the Devils weren't happy about the statement.

TMZ spoke with a guy named Sandman -- a very scary member of the club -- who tells us, "I am concerned that Kurt's creative mind is stuck in make-believe land with his recent comment on twitter."

Sandman adds, "Here's a reality check for ya Kurt ... I am sending a personal invitation to your pretty faced Kurt Cobain look-alike star Jax to come down to San Diego and prove your point."

Yes, Sandman just challenged Charlie Hunnam to a fight.

And he ain't done yet ... Sandman continues, "And tell him to wear those shiny white kicks too. I hope he's a size 11, I could use some new shoes."

Sandman even mentioned Sutter's wife -- actress Katey Sagal -- saying, "I am a big 'Married with Children' fan, can you have Peg send me an autographed picture?  I would appreciate it."

'Sons of Anarchy' Finds Its Damon Pope in 'Lost' Alum

Harold Perrineau will appear in season 5 of the FX show as the ex-drug kingpin Damon Pope

AKA Michael from Lost and Agustus Hill from Oz

That dude wants to steal Jax's white on white AF1's 
laugh.gif
.  Jax's character isn't that great of a fighter anyway.  That fight he had with Clay was crappy.

Happy would wreck shop on those cats though.

He was a Hells Angels enforcer before he became a consultant/actor on the show.

Jimmy Smits of NYPD Blue and West Wing has signed on to play a character..Not sure who, but it will definately be good..Dude is easily one of the best tv actors of the last 20+ years..

Not really feeling Harold Perrineau as the Pope..Dude seems to be too frail to play a former drug kingpin..I woulda thought they'd get someone a little more physically intimidating to do that role..

Perrineau wouldnt have been my choice to play Pope but hes a solid actor so Ill be looking forward to his performance.

i actually like the devils ride but i can just tell it will go down hill before the seasons end, as far as the new soa season.....CANT WAIT

"Sons of Anarchy" showrunner Kurt Sutter rolled into Comic-Con with nearly all of the SAMCRO crew: his wife Katey Sagal, Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, Maggie Siff, Theo Rossi, Ryan Hurst, Tommy Flanagan, Kim Coates and Dayton Callie.

To promote SOA's fifth season -- which FX announced premieres Tuesday, Sept. 11 -- the audience at Comic-Con's very last panel were treated to a sizzle reel that truly sizzled. In fact, one scene was so graphic that the video had to be blacked out per the convention's regulations.

Audiences heard the audio loud and clear, however, and Sutter filled fans in on the missing detail: "That scene they blacked out was my wife getting f***ed from behind from [guest star] Jimmy Smits. With that tease, I hope you all show up for the premiere."

In another explosive scene in the trailer, new club president Jax Teller (Hunnam) is moving weapons when the SAMCRO convoy is ambushed by Damon Pope and his crew, a clear retaliation for Tig (accidentally) killing Pope's daughter in the fourth-season finale. Jax's cold fury is a stark contrast to the flaming rig behind him.

"This season is really about Jax at the head of [the SAMCRO] table and what kind of leader he'll become," Sutter explained. "Can you become leader of outlaw organization and not become Clay? And if you don't become Clay, are you perceived as weak? We'll see by end of season what kind of leader he'll become."

Hunnam said, "The moment at the end [of last season's finale] when I sat and assumed the position of president, there was tangible feeling among the guys we're moving on to a new chapter."

"Don't get used to it!" barked Perlman, whose character, Clay, was dethroned.

"I'm feeling pretty comfortable in it," insisted Hunnam.

In Season 5, Perlman pointed out, "every single thing in [Clay's] life has been taken from him, except his life. He literally starts off with nothing, but has to wonder why the f*** would you leave me alive? You gotta know I'm coming back. What's amazing me for me is I'm getting to play the exact same human being in a completely different set of circumstances."

Hunnam notes an "interesting psychological effect" in Jax's new position: "I'm feeling empathy for Clay -- it's not easy to rule without compromising his integrity. I want to brutally murder the guy, but I'm realizing [his actions weren't] all malicious."

The power shift will also affect Gemma and Tara's "push-and-pull mother-daughter relationship," Sutter said. "It's not a linear arc; it changes from episode to episode. With a wife and 16-year-old daughter at home, I'm kind of living it every day."

After pointing out that their daughter is in fact 17, she adds, "I think Gemma loves Tara, very, very much, but she is threatened that she might be taking over Gemma's position...It's a very familial dynamic, which I think he is observing at home -- just not quite to that extent."

When Siff is asked why Tara is so attracted to Jax, a career criminal, Hunnam hijacked her response: "I think it's great abs and an 8-inch c***. "

Interruptions aside, Sagal noted, "Women have very strong voices on the show. We don't have women playing victims. I attribute that to my husband having a very fond respect for women."

Sutter's also an equal-opportunity exposer: "There's more male *** than you can possibly imagine this season," said the showrunner. Chimed in Flanagan: "He's not joking. Some buttocks are out this year!"

As for the murder that set up that retaliation scene in the Season 5 trailer, Kim Coates joked, "Why does Tig always kill the wrong girl?" (He shot the wife of Opie -- his intended target -- in Season 1.) "The way Kurt has set it up for Tig [this season] is really intense," he added seriously. "It's been a great ride."

Despite his first wife's death and his second wife's betrayal, Hurst said Opie still has a "strong desire to have a normal family -- he is a softie at heart, but that heart is getting ripped out and trampled on. I think of Opie as Job, these awful things keep happening to him." That, of course, includes Clay murdering his father, Piney.

In regard to Opie's refusal to support Jax, Sutter notes, "We had damaged Opie and his family so much, it would've been too neat and too simple to put him at that table. In essence, the club has to gain his respect back. That's going play out during the season."

Like his own father and former club president, John Teller, Jax begins writing a journal for his own sons when he assumes the presidency, a narrative device we see used in the Season 5 preview. When asked whether John Teller's story will ever be told in flashbacks, Sutter had an interesting response.

"Flashbacks aren't a component of the show," he said, "but I've talked to the network about doing a prequel of the first nine and seeing the origin of the club. I would love to do a period piece about the formation of the club."

"Flashbacks aren't a component of the show," he said, "but I've talked to the network about doing a prequel of the first nine and seeing the origin of the club. I would love to do a period piece about the formation of the club."

Would actually be interested in this type of sequel. So much from the past that we only hear bits and pieces about, but like all good shows, they eventually have to come to an end, and they basically could start over if they wanted without being cheesy.

Would actually be interested in this type of sequel. So much from the past that we only hear bits and pieces about, but like all good shows, they eventually have to come to an end, and they basically could start over if they wanted without being cheesy.

It would be dope too see a mini series like a two hour three night event or something like Hatfields/McCoys.

Everyone in this thread is double posting.

Is that just me?

SOA is an alright show. I got into it super late. The 3rd season was so stupid. I became interested in the show at the second to last episode of the first season. Every episode before that was boring to me. I kind of like Kutter's character. Clay did all that and Jax still didn't dead Clay? Clay should have gotten that Indian ant death from the prior episodes. Juice is the lamest SOAer of the whole show. The black cop is pretty cool. I hope Jax finds out about Jenna burning some pages from that letter. She sucks.

Back
Top Bottom