OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Sometimes it be that way where luck > fundamentals. Good trade Zo :pimp:

I closed my GME position in my Roth. Still have some shares in my normal acct but I dont want to face the tax man yet for those.

Foreign companies listed on US exchanges are not required to comply with US GAAP.

I see why Masa and Cathie dumped China equity positions -- without GAAP or IFRS compliance there is no clear view into a companies financial reporting.

Sigh… gonna make my 2021 ira contribution in increments, starting soon. I always dread making that contribution lol, taking 6K from my savings and putting it away for 60 year old me to enjoy smh. Usually I just rip the bandaid off in one deposit but I want to spread it this time

Sigh… gonna make my 2021 ira contribution in increments, starting soon. I always dread making that contribution lol, taking 6K from my savings and putting it away for 60 year old me to enjoy smh. Usually I just rip the bandaid off in one deposit but I want to spread it this time

1st world problems. Must suck. Jk but whats so bad? U could take it out if u need it

I usually make the full 6k contribution on January 1st. I do the same thing with my HSA less whatever my employer contributes.

If its Roth IRA, you can always pull that $6k back out penalty free.

1st world problems. Must suck. Jk but whats so bad? U could take it out if u need it

I mean yeah, but once it’s in it’s in… it’s fine, the part that sucks is just what I said in the op, my savings will be $6k less, and I’ll reap the benefits in……. 25+ years from now lol

maybe next time I’ll do installments on payday haha

Crispr looking slightly oversold

Edit: a lot of smart money loading up on UBER cc: Loeb & Coleman

Last edited:
Lump sum Jan 2 man. It's the way to go. Time value of money.

I usually make the full 6k contribution on January 1st. I do the same thing with my HSA less whatever my employer contributes.
For the first time ever I'm using my bonus to contribute to my HSA. Setting it to trickle down to the 401k, then the HSA, then keep the rest.

Get it all out of the way early.

How do y’all manage opportunity cost of capital? Lately, I’ve been contemplating cutting some lower conviction holdings and adding that capital to my higher convictions, but it’s not something that I have a handle on as I’ve mainly just bought and held with little to no selling unless the thesis changed or I needed the money for some reason.

How do y’all manage opportunity cost of capital? Lately, I’ve been contemplating cutting some lower conviction holdings and adding that capital to my higher convictions, but it’s not something that I have a handle on as I’ve mainly just bought and held with little to no selling unless the thesis changed or I needed the money for some reason.

if it’s working out then leave it alone. Sounds like u havent given thought to a strategy

This feels dot-com bubble-ish to me

No part of this is sustainable. P/E ratios are near all-time highs. Interest rates are at all-time lows. The Fed has backed themselves into a corner and there's no way out. They have 3 options: raise rates and crash the market (and I don't mean raise rates 1%) go negative on interest rates to sustain this fake upward-trajectory or keep rates where they're at and stimulate with more printing of fake-money and crash the dollar.

Back
Top Bottom