OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Nah they don’t mean anything. They only mean something if there’s a merger or acquisition. Or if we’re in a heavy bull run.

Just a correction. Even blowout earnings cant really help the valuation when it ran like it did last year. I checked my records and as of tomorrow, itll have been 1 year since I bought my MSFT shares. Even with this drop today I'll be up 20%. Cant be too mad at 20% in a year, for a behemoth like Microsoft.

Market is stupid
1B5D51FD-A48A-434C-8C78-B56F1034510B.jpeg

down 50% from the year
all my gains from last year gone

didn't even realize it was that bad until i logged on recently

The Fed doesn’t decide on anything and we go red. I woulda make more money holding in a 1% savings account if I knew I was gonna lose all my gains from the last year +. What a joke.

I think it was JRS that said awhile back that these past couple years have been an anomaly and that going forward you're not just going to be able throw darts at a stock list and make money. Spot on. If you are experiencing heavy losses you may want to reconsider the names you're dedicated to. Alot of these companies are STILL insanely overvalued.

Idk if that’s true. AMZN hasn’t made anyone money in 1.5 years. SHOP got destroyed. Even the safest picks where the finances checkout had major losses.

Tf did JPow say at the end of his press conference? **** was all good until I stopped watching halfway thru.

Idk if that’s true. AMZN hasn’t made anyone money in 1.5 years. SHOP got destroyed. Even the safest picks where the finances checkout had major losses.

You can be in the safest names in the world but if the market thinks its overvalued (or even fairly valued) you're not gonna make any money buying in at those valuations. Amzn was up 100% off covid lows and STILL has a significant amount of growth priced in for being the 5th largest company in the world. How much bigger are they gonna get?

In a market correction everything is gonna get a hair cut but if you're experiencing losses 4x-6x the indices, those are not the names that are gonna lead us out of this unless they perform extraordinarily well QoQ. Unless you're a professional analyst you're basically gambling on that notion. When the market is talking ya gotta listen up.

What’s the counter to the overvaluation arguement when the entire world is pouring it’s money into stocks? Volume has to be at record highs since literally anyone can buy any stock within seconds on their phone.

The vast majority of these new players do not know what they are doing lol. They dont understand valuations. Many seem to think if they feel, arbitrarily in many cases, a company is good or in a growing sector, they should go out and buy as much as they can TODAY, regardless of price. Meanwhile smart money was accumulating long before it was on any of these peoples radar. Retail investors have always been bagholders. They do not move markets against institutions. Redistribution of wealth has never been easier for wall street.

Back
Top Bottom