OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Can def see the market going higher for a little bit longer and then a blow off top. All the CNBC fud is a bear trap for right now.

This scenario is looking more likely, feels like sentiment went too negative too fast, too many people pulled money out, and major drops don't happen when everyone sees them coming like that. Probably another euphoric pump coming up to make everyone bullish again and lay out the trap.

NASA 2.0 NASA 2.0 making me want to jump back into options :pimp: Congrats on these plays. All this **** you're posting up beats any of the best days I had when I was active in options :lol: :pimp:

This scenario is looking more likely, feels like sentiment went too negative too fast, too many people pulled money out, and major drops don't happen when everyone sees them coming like that. Probably another euphoric pump coming up to make everyone bullish again and lay out the trap.

yea do the opposite right? media is yelling recession! i'm staying out. too damn volatile. gotta learn this options game.

Who caught OLLI AT THE BOTTOM?
I was up 150% but gave gack gains cuz i couldn't sell today.. Ive bene marked as a PDT. Lol i added to my position to swing

Screenshot_2019-08-29-06-34-29(1).png
Screenshot_2019-08-29-11-35-15(1).png
Screenshot_2019-08-29-09-46-51(1).png
Cashed all these out today.. I had PM puts and sold for $45 gains... But it kept dropping and misswd out on $1500 smfh

Added to my FASTLY holding on this dip.. Oct. Expiry

Making me wanna get back to day trading options. Got burned on back to back plays a few months back...Lost like $1200 and it pissed me off so bad :lol:

i feel compelled to say this as this thread, and social media in general, have become an outlet to falsely portray flawless success. so i thought i'd leave a comment for new investors to clear their naivety, and hopefully bring them back to reality and avoid getting burned. we see this time and time again on twitter, stocktwits, etc:

1) never trust someone who only posts their wins, or a greatly unbalanced win/loss history
2) >90% hedge fund managers cannot beat the market over the long term. that says a lot. chances of randoms posting nothing but triple/quadruple digit wins, yachts, lambos is an obvious facade.

it kind of reminds me of how MLM schemes attract victims. just use your head, only use money you are perfectly fine losing 100% of, and remember there is no legal get rich quick scheme in the market, or in general for that matter. don't let hope and desperation get the best of you. good luck!

Anyone holding positions over the long weekend?
Sept 1st Tariffs on/off, China trade "hopes," etc..

Yes, I’m holding my Nasdaq futures shorts.

Stocks at 30 day high levels going into not 10 but 15 % tariff weekend with a 50 billion dollar hurricane on deck. Inverted bonds and no fed rate cut commitment. Bad data this morning. Only hope for bulls is a trump tweet.

Last edited:
Hong Kong is a major flash point that people aren't taking seriously enough, if it escalates it would seriously rock global markets. China needs USD, they are facing a shortage and high levels of dollar denominated debt. Hong Kong is the main gateway from which USD comes in, something like 10 trillion USD is invested in Asian markets through HK. It is also the main money laundering hub for high level CCP members and their families to exchange their ill gotten RMB for USD. They will not allow it to fall or for these protests to continue.

Hong Kong is a major flash point that people aren't taking seriously enough, if it escalates it would seriously rock global markets. China needs USD, they are facing a shortage and high levels of dollar denominated debt. Hong Kong is the main gateway from which USD comes in, something like 10 trillion USD is invested in Asian markets through HK. It is also the main money laundering hub for high level CCP members and their families to exchange their ill gotten RMB for USD. They will not allow it to fall or for these protests to continue.

Macau as well...never understood why wealthy Chinese "gambled" $500k-$1M per hand there:wink:

Anyone holding positions over the long weekend?
Sept 1st Tariffs on/off, China trade "hopes," etc..

Fastly $40 Calls.
Holding Dell $50 Puts
And Jnug $99 calls with $84 put hedge.

When SPY goes down JNUG goes up.. And vice versa.

I firmly believe FASTLY will be the play for a few months similar to beyond meat. Hold those long calls and wait.

30% of Current float is owned by long term hedge fund. Stock price can move either direction fast but currently on a bullish trend.
that last correction around 27.8 was bought up quickly and came back to 31.5.

I was lucky enough to add on the dip but didnt buy enough. Will look to add to postion Tuesday if opportunity comes. GL

Last edited:
Subscribing to this thread.

Eventually, I want to see how I can help set myself up for full financial independence. Can't turn my back away from any viable source of income.

Back
Top Bottom