OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

NVDA earnings today. Anybody bold enough to buy in ahead of the announcement?

Learned my lesson playing earnings. That IV crush is no joke :lol: :smh:. I‘m pretty confident they’ll beat expectations, like they usually do, but sometimes they don’t get a favorable reaction from the market unless it’s a blowout, so it’s a tough earnings play. If they had cheap calls for next week, I’d probably buy one.

Bought the Jan 21 40-45 call spread in snap for 1.90. Wanted to get long and to make this max profit potential on a $5 move I would need to buy 55 shares. I don’t have that kind of cash free and don’t want to have that much gap risk in case **** gets ugly so I’m taking this trade as a swing to play for that move to 45. I do this instead of naked calls to limit my theta and gap risk as well since I’m laying out less cash as well. My gains are capped, though, but I can live with that in this scenario. I’m just looking for a swing on a decent looking chart. Liking this one over 41.50 a lot.

Learned my lesson playing earnings. That IV crush is no joke :lol: :smh:. I‘m pretty confident they’ll beat expectations, like they usually do, but sometimes they don’t get a favorable reaction from the market unless it’s a blowout, so it’s a tough earnings play. If they had cheap calls for next week, I’d probably buy one.
Good call sitting out. Flat as TSwift despite an earnings beat. Wonder if the earnings call can provide any pops, but I doubt it.

Going to move away from trading options on SPY

The trends are so damn inconsistent over there :lol::lol:

now I just need a watchlist
I only got AMD and FB

FWIW, last earnings NVDA had a similar sell-off after reporting and opened at $479 (down $6 from previous day close). It only dropped another $5 to $475 before recovering to $495. Hoping to see similar movement tomorrow, but we’ll see.

Screen_Shot_2020-11-18_at_7.33.57_AM.png

$RKT- Strong bounce off $21.35 level from the last time I saw it. Looks good long, volume came in on that bounce and now we are slow grinding up. Solid swing candidate IMO for longs, PT 1- 23.85, Pt 2- $27.

Screen_Shot_2020-11-18_at_7.23.49_AM.png

$BABA - BABA breaking down $257.5 support today and looks pretty weak. Next support level is $247, then $240. If it breaks down $240, then we could see a possible gap fill to $225. I have a feeling BABA is setting up a bear trap IMO. I have tons of time on BABA leap so I am not too worried. I treat leaps like long term positions, as long as my thesis is still intact, I am not worried. I plan on averaging down hard @225 if we do get down there. Yes, I am still in lol.

Screen_Shot_2020-11-18_at_7.27.12_AM.png

$BA - Strong move with nice volume. I wouldn’t chase up here if you haven’t already gotten in. $209 is a possible buy zone, as that would form a nice bull flag and retrace to a support level. I like the idea of taking a 1-2 month out swing at 209. First PT $240.

Screen_Shot_2020-11-18_at_7.29.23_AM.png

$DKNG - Lots of aggressive buying coming into this ticker the past week. They got a 100 PT upgrade as well earlier this week. I actually really like a leap on this ticker, definitely has a lot of long term potential and is in a strong short term bull run, so you have the possibility of taking profit earlier if needed. Resistance levels are $49.2, and $56. Fast mover, so make sure you don’t chase on this. Ideal entry on a dip is $46.5.

took the snap spread off. dont like how it acted after that price target raise pump. boring day.

HAACU is a spac worth following. same VCs who brought LVGO to the market. curious what they do.

NLS needs to c lear the 19.30 supply zone but could be a mover. Rejected it once, let's see what happens.

I added more NVDA and NVTA last night. I made a mistake selling out of ZM at the lows but so be it.

Nibbled some more PGNY today. NET looks good over 65.50, has spiked and faded off twice now, but keep an eye in case it sticks, could be a runner to 70 when that happens.

Got some JMIA at 15$ and had a plan to double up if it went under 10$.

Wished i pulled the trigger at 12$ but at least i have a small position already.

Back
Top Bottom