OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Never too late, though theres definitely diminishing returns at this point. Still pissed I sold out at 330 a share last year.
eh at this point im running with a limited amount of cash free that I want to hold in case of a new cml pick or add to what I own.

That's probably a better play anyways. I'm only holding 10 shares of TSLA with about 20% of my Roth in cash. Could easily size up, but like you, would rather keep some ammo and wait for a better opportunity. Whatever that CML pick is that you post in here and we ride the coattails of :nerd:

Only losers in the account are MRUS and IPOC
My only losers are TDOC (213ish average), Apple (119 average), nls (22 average), shop (1048), nvda (541). No complaints here. Stock side of my portfolio in my Schwab account is back to being up 8.49% and tos with my pins put spreads is up to 40% after being rekt from October and the pfe vaccine.

I almost added more SE yesterday at 166 but got cheap with my free cash. Bleh.

also did a bad job with that snap spread that I sold with my ***** hands for a $16 loss.

If you've been playing stay-at-home stocks, expecting at least one more boost. While the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are great news, I fear they've inadvertently created a false sense of security. Most Americans don't realize the logistics for vaccine distribution means March or April 2021 earliest for the general public. Don't believe majority of country will heed the CDC about Thanksgiving and avoiding holiday travel.

CA Gov Gavin Newsom enacts statewide monthlong curfew starting Saturday from 10 pm to 5 am. I know we’re not the most important but that’s going to affect holiday sales and should reflect in the markets

If you've been playing stay-at-home stocks, expecting at least one more boost. While the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are great news, I fear they've inadvertently created a false sense of security. Most Americans don't realize the logistics for vaccine distribution means March or April 2021 earliest for the general public. Don't believe majority of country will heed the CDC about Thanksgiving and avoiding holiday travel.
Covid won’t be eradicated until winter of 21. Vaccines will start spring and summer at the earliest.

Screen_Shot_2020-11-19_at_9.34.57_AM.png

$TDOC Strong move today, finally bouncing off $182 area. Great long term play with a lot of potential IMO. Next target is $193 from here, to get in gap, and then $205 area to fill the gap. Definitely leaning bullish on this play, and I like this as a swing candidate.
Screen_Shot_2020-11-19_at_9.37.39_AM.png
$ZM Leaning bullish on this ticker as well, definitely oversold. Actually caught a nice scalp on ZM on the $423 break today. Looking for a close above $424, and we can easily see a big move up to $465 to fill its gap. Good risk/reward play, and I also like this as a swing candidate. First target $445, then $465. SL $420. Earnings on 11/30, I like kevin kevin (Momentum) 's play on this.
Screen_Shot_2020-11-19_at_9.40.04_AM.png

$FSLY Would love to see a close above $81 this week on FSLY. With that close, it would look great for a $90 PT next week. Really like a long swing or leap play on this ticker. I believe @TimeHawk also took a swing on this play earlier this week. Very solid risk/reward setup on this one as well. SL daily close below 80.
Screen_Shot_2020-11-19_at_9.43.07_AM.png

$AAPL I was looking for a breakout on AAPL over the weekend, but we rejected upper trend line earlier this week. If we can at least hold $118 by EOW, we can retest upper trend line again next week and try breaking out. If we close below $118, I would look to short AAPL back to $115.

@everyone RIOT with a gap up and overall good BTC behavior could be a possible weekend swing. Watch 6.15 for support.
AAPL knocking at the 119 door again. Heavy volume on the 121c for this week. I wonder where the market makers will take it.
On the volume technicals, HD with a strong straddle on the 275 should move back up from here IMO.
I'm also with H hydra for the NIO possible break above 49. EV tickers are on fire this week. We played a few, NIO, WKHS, SOLO, TSLA with @FunTrade.6
Speaking of EV, crazy push on a gap up is AYRO. EVs are now the new trend with younger people. AYRO not only is EV but also aimed for them. Closing at 6.18 it now trades at 8.30ish, which is above the previous peak of 8.18. This one if it holds could see 11s from 2018 I believe.
Also keep SNAP on your side burner. An Analyst sees it at 200B valuation in 2025... That's 3 the current valuation.
It's Friday, lower volume, make sure to use strong risk management to protect your account.

Tweaked a trade Ophir shared on FTCH to get longer

Bot the Jan 23 45-65 call spread, sold the 35-30 put spread for a 2.55 debit. Let's ride.

I forgot how dry the price action is on Fridays for option players >D

Was still able to get a few scalps off but I’m taking those days off from here on out

agreed gotta continue riding the winners and be glad we in this
What really changed for me is not selling my winners with long term potential and not trading around a core with common stock. I’m in the process of figuring out how I want to create cash flow on stocks I love long term and short term. Selling credit spreads and buying debit spreads could be what works. We’ll see as I play around with this. But I’m never selling a share of a stock I love for the long term until the story changes. PINS, SHOP, ROKU, TWLO, FSLY are untouchables for me.

I might not hit that 100K
But I’m still building on it until the end
I kinda wish I didn’t neglect me having a watchlist earlier this year

Since I realized I hated trading on Friday since options expire and the price action could be completely *** for most of the day

I have no idea what logic I was using when I decided to just trade the S&P 500 only considering that it has 3 expiration days a week

and sitting there watching the charts either consolidate
Pullback a bit just to get engulfed in a 1 min candle for more consolidation was not the move

Back
Top Bottom