OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

The variants are part of the reason I started hedging. What’s that first chart? Is that a predictive indicator or something? Just curious how the construction of it came to be. I’ve got some “crash” puts for March that would be very lucrative if they printed
Yeah I just threw it together quickly to start to look at the timing and magnitude of a potential pullback using the most recent three corrections. All data is actual except for the bottom bolded line which is simple averages.

igotthatstock igotthatstock why is the purple inflection point dead center of the graph? Is that by choice? Couldn’t you have Gone to the right to where it’s not an extreme low, but two lower dips that are still moving up? One could push the potential chart upward with the 3-4 dips and rises that have sustained.

Every lowest of lows has had 7-9 rebounds. But your chart has the lowest points edging downward? I guess I’m not that pessimistic
I probably should have changed the colors I was just showing a quick downward slope.

The further you zoom out, the more bullish you can get haha. If you take a 20-year perspective, we have never not recovered. Stocks only go up!

I’m all for a downturn. I think it’s inevitable. But two all time lows create the lines we’re following. Every new president, there’s quite the shift. So we shall see. I can see a downturn from gas and oil drops, and then a prop up with the $1400 stimulus. The stimulus are unique. You could be the worst president ever, and these provide a boost.
Long term lows, I don’t see happening past April. But we could see the Dow and sp500 go down 1500-2500 before the spring props it up. It’s all short term plays imho

I don’t know if it’s fair teasing us for viewing German cars as luxurious. Counterpoint: LOL @ Europeans for paying $40K for a 4-Cylinder Mustang! They’re so silly, viewing Mustangs as exotic when every teenager in America has one.

I don’t think either critique is very fair.

Last edited:
847F701E-C45F-4077-840F-6E754668BF82.jpeg

I never hedge shrugs. I used to price it out end up never pulling the trigger. Just know it's not my style and that's OK.
I buy cheap $5 wide put spreads for where I think the stock can go, usually risking .60 or less and it’s never paid off the. But it helps me keep perspective and not sell my best longs so I can live with it

Futures green, what an awesome way to lure people into the bull trap :nerd: watching the quality of the bounce.

Johnny, bro, do you work at Melvin Capital? You’re practically rooting for the market to crash. Chill.

Back
Top Bottom