OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Going in on SKLZ in February has been an absolute disaster for me. Because of my entry point.

I still think the company is worth it long term but boy did I jump the gun going in on such lofty valuations.

That's definitely on me. Learning moment

Same man. Wish i would’ve waited

SKLZ is still being shopped around by CS they were one of the swaps. Morgan Stanley has been a buyer. 15 or less is some good r/r if you believe in the story.

Chargepoint was doing so well, I guess the infrastructure bill oversold it? It's been crashing down hard the last few days, down 26% from its highs. :smh:

Man I don’t even want a 100K account anymore just give me 50k on Robinhood and let me go on my way
Saw a homie buy 50k worth of option contracts
and spent $325 in fees and that’s just the buy side

Dude said he ask for a lower fee request every week :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Possible Tencent entry here?
Liking it against 77 if it can hold.

jonah lupton is out here claiming the street is trying to short his stocks to attack him. Probably true, Chamath ran his mouth too much last year and is a negative association. Those stocks Jonah was pumping too were also low float turds with no revs and ridiculous estimates. In a hot market they make you rich, in a tough or normal tape, smart money drops the bid, shakes out retail and scoops up the best of the bunch on the cheap while the worst never recover. It’s really to know what you own and who you follow. You don’t want to be in low float small caps with ***** hands all around you. You want stocks executing on their growth being rerated with increasing institutional ownership. You want to own something like GRWG on that original blockbuster report when it first gapper up on monster volume and then saw buyers come in and swipe it off the lows and never look back. That’s how you find the new winners early. Apps, YALA, FUTU, not bull**** SPACs with an investor’s deck that has no substance in it. Finding those companies being rerated by funds is how you find the next big winner to emerge from small cap land.

if you lost money in **** like this I’m sorry and feel bad for you, but it’s not Wall Street suits trying to **** you, it’s garbage being rerated and reset to attract new buyers if new buyers are warranted.

Index funds doing good :pimp:
B3B6806E-747F-4E28-AD60-BC173D5E76FA.jpeg

How long you think the blood bath lasts? Im hearing May and Sept.
What are you looking at that shows there’s still a bloodbath? Because the selling in great companies has dried up and a lot of stocks are well off their lows. Some have been tougher ideas (FSLY, U) but they’re not bleeding anymore. If you’re seeing lots of red still, it’s because you’re too invested in SPACs, memes and 0 rev small caps. That bleeding can last the rest of the year because, well, why shouldn’t it? I don’t think you see spac’s recover at all this year, or if they do, it’ll be hanging around NAV. A lot of post merger ones will be between 5-10. And that’s where they belong. Small caps will probably catch a bid again, but the market is very clearly telling everyone that fundamentals matter again. So be aware and adjust, don’t double down and baghold because 2020 told you that EVERYTHING goes up.

My portfolio is very clearly split.

SPACs, including those that have merged, are all down 20%+.Everything else is up 10%+. I’m thinking it’s the perfect time to double down on the SPACs I believe in. I’ll probably make my decisions this weekend and start buying on Monday.

What are you looking at that shows there’s still a bloodbath? Because the selling in great companies has dried up and a lot of stocks are well off their lows. Some have been tougher ideas (FSLY, U) but they’re not bleeding anymore. If you’re seeing lots of red still, it’s because you’re too invested in SPACs, memes and 0 rev small caps. That bleeding can last the rest of the year because, well, why shouldn’t it? I don’t think you see spac’s recover at all this year, or if they do, it’ll be hanging around NAV. A lot of post merger ones will be between 5-10. And that’s where they belong. Small caps will probably catch a bid again, but the market is very clearly telling everyone that fundamentals matter again. So be aware and adjust, don’t double down and baghold because 2020 told you that EVERYTHING goes up.
Im in these ****ing EVs. Tsla picked up, but Nio, Xpeng and my chargers are playin games.

My banks and retail keeping me propped up but my spacs is hurting. Ima have to wait it out.

My portfolio is very clearly split.

SPACs, including those that have merged, are all down 20%+.Everything else is up 10%+. I’m thinking it’s the perfect time to double down on the SPACs I believe in. I’ll probably make my decisions this weekend and start buying on Monday.
never sell winners to add to losers.
Im in these ****ing EVs. Tsla picked up, but Nio, Xpeng and my chargers are playin games.

My banks and retail keeping me propped up but my spacs is hurting. Ima have to wait it out.
Gotcha, yeah that’s a tough one to deal with. You might see an entire year of pain just because of how far that sector went last year. A year of consolidation isn’t out of the ordinary. See what makes sense for your risk level and process, but understand it could be an entire year of this for stocks like that.

Back
Top Bottom