OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Thinking about adding JMIA at these levels. But the trend ain't looking good before earnings (tomorrow)

feel like just hitting the buy button on disney appl and roku today
honestly a good day to add all three
Feel like moving all my positions into crypto today :lol:
I sold some stocks this morning to ape into eth, now I’m thinking about exiting se and pd to buy more bitcoin. Think I’m gonna too. Cut my holdings to 10 stocks that I’ll ignore for the next 5 years.

Keep going back and forth on selling off my SQ while I’m still in the green. I was going to reallocate to dividend paying stocks and add more crypto. I feel like focusing my attention to crypto for growth while my stock portfolio will be 90% dividend paying blue chips, ETFs, and REITs. I’d take profits from crypto along the way to add to my dividend paying stocks.

My goal is to earn at least $500 a month in passive income from dividends within the next 5 years. That’ll take anywhere between 100-200k invested. Ultimate goal is 6k per month (1 mil invested at least). Lofty goal but its a marathon, not a sprint. If I can retire before 50 then that’s a win.

Might as well follow this bull run while stocks lag a bit.

I sold everything except AAPL, AMZN, PINS, SQ about a week ago. Allocated that money split evenly into more BTC and ETH.
I haven't bought any stocks in over a month, Market has been abysmal, too much losses. Money has gone all into BTC, LTC, ETH, DOGE and now ETC.

Anybody think the market softening has anything to do with the rise of crypto and other alt coins having a crazy run as of late?

The majority of the people I know who have been in crypto or are just starting this year do not invest in the stock market (atleast not long term). I do think a lot of big money has allocated some of their holdings into BTC/ETH, not sure how much of an effect that would have on stocks.

My goal is to earn at least $500 a month in passive income from dividends within the next 5 years. That’ll take anywhere between 100-200k invested. Ultimate goal is 6k per month (1 mil invested at least). Lofty goal but its a marathon, not a sprint. If I can retire before 50 then that’s a win.
A 7.2% annualized yield is pretty lofty man. That's going to require a lot of reaching for yield.

I am not near the stage where I care about yield but in my mind the magic number has always been closer to 3MM. when I think about this plan. Park X dollars into Muni Bonds, take all that coupon tax-free, live off that, and then you won't have to worry about a huge tax bill every year.

Everybody listen up! It's almost time!

20210506_094624.png

DATE: TUESDAY 5/11/2021 (launch time TBD, probably just whenever we get to it).
I know we're mostly all busy and have jobs these days, so I figure Tuesday is a better day than Monday.

DRAFT ORDER:
superantigen superantigen
@alfa
mplsdunk mplsdunk
broncos19dm broncos19dm (yes you're playing)
@solewoman
@lazyj10
jjs jjs
noskey noskey
@blackintellect
@tomdiginson
@$tatus $ymbol
@degenerate423
johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm
@htg designs
@3am scholar
iheartboost iheartboost
antidope antidope
ballinsam23 ballinsam23
@coolcool
@jigsta05
QU!K QU!K

If I missed anyone let me know and I'll re-run the randomizer.

RULES:
Each team gets 4 picks.
Picks are in snake-style order. So QU!K QU!K gets the last pick of round 1, and the first pick of round 2.
Each pick can be any US-exchange listed equity.
No crypto.
No penny stocks or OTC equities.
No trading draft picks.

TRACKING:
I'll enter into an Excel sheet the picks, price at time of draft pick, and date. We'll periodically have updates.
If anyone has other methods please feel free to use, but Excel will be easiest for me at this time.

WINNER:
The winner is determined by AVERAGE percentage gain of combined stock picks. Gains are based on percentages, not strictly dollar increases/decreases to stock price.
E.g. if I draft AAPL, TSLA and NKLA, and each stock rises 10% over the time period, my gains are 10%. If someone else drafts PTON, ETSY, and SBUX, and the gains are -5%, 0%, and 5% the total gains are 0%.

The winner will be determined on Friday, October 1, 2021.

If theres a tie somehow, we will determine the winner by way of runoff - two week tracking of newly selected picks previously undrafted.

Any questions, concerns, suggestions, please feel free to @ me or DM me. I'm open to literally anything, as this is probably going to be a ****ing mess. If there were any rules I overlooked, or anything I can improve on, let me know
If anyone wants to involve themselves in the process, please do so.

At the end of the day, this is meant to be fun. Everybody be excellent to each other.
Reminder. We kick off tomorrow. Draft goes in order in the quote, snake style. When QU!K QU!K drafts last in round 1, he'll go first in round 2 and we work our way back to the top. superantigen superantigen feel free to make your pick any time starting tomorrow.

I'll confirm the time at which we'll record stock prices, as the baseline price for this draft. This will be done before the draft starts.

Back
Top Bottom