OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Adam is hopping on a popular idea and trying to sound like an expert in it - the technicals are a foreign language to him, he’s out of his element

I understand that, you know more about Nuemann’s rep than I do..

What’s the beef with Gensler?

Coinbase is going to be adding a market place that will grow to the size of eBay this decade and no one cares

setting a bid for a starter at 275

looking to reenter GLBE on weakness or follow through higher

will buy back MQ in 30 days after wash sale expires

Coinbase is going to be adding a market place that will grow to the size of eBay this decade and no one cares

yea i gotta get back into the ‘amazon of crypto’ fast

COIN has really surpassed my expectations that I had. They're actually developing a solid moat and differentiating from other CEXs. The stickiness they're creating for their users is impressive. I still cant buy, but, 275 seems like a good entry point. RSI is at a good point around 38 and a price of 275 should push them into "oversold" territory.

So we should sell all of our assets for something that’s bleeding in value every year at a higher than because of this rude awakening?

You realize the Fed isn’t going to cut off everything overnight and is still buying tons of bonds and will continue doing that throughout the decade, just at a gradually slower pace.

If you believe that the country will go to negative rates and keep printing ludicrous amounts of money, then sure, stay invested. I have a question though, how come they raised rates from 5% to 20% in the late 1970's? Why didn't they just let inflation run rampant and let the dollar continue bleeding?

2020 had 5 years of gains packed into one bull run

That’s the story

everything else is noise

profit taking, consolidation, panic and fear are normalizing responses to the chaos of 2020

2022 probably is a nice crab market

closed out shop and GLBE for gains, MQ for a loss. Will close roku if it loses 200

nowhere near a bear, but I’m not giving money back short term

The last time there was a ridiculous bull-run even somewhat comparable to this (10 years worth of gains packed into three years), the S&P dropped significantly and it took 7 years to get back to where it was.

That was 10 years of gains packed into 3 years, so an average of 3.33 years of gains per year.

In your words, this was 5 years of gains in one year.

Why is this time going to be a better outcome even though there's a significantly worse setup?

The last time there was a ridiculous bull-run even somewhat comparable to this (10 years worth of gains packed into three years), the S&P dropped significantly and it took 7 years to get back to where it was.

That was 10 years of gains packed into 3 years, so an average of 3.33 years of gains per year.

In your words, this was 5 years of gains in one year.

Why is this time going to be a better outcome even though there's a significantly worse setup?

Short it

I guess ETFs and Mutual Funds were the way to go? 😂

Portfolio getting rekt.

Oh well, I've been occupied with educating myself on defi and all things crypto for most of the year

We shall see...

There’s nowhere to put your money

rates will never be 20% again

inflation is an issue

but technology is also deflationary which combats some inflation

Bear markets happen and are always possible

but raising rates doesn’t mean the end of a bull market and all hell breaking loose

market is just returning to normalcy

All we need is the index to come in 10-20% to reset things again followed by a period of consolidation

160 is the next stop for SQ. Needs to hold otherwise it’s in trouble. Good r/r trying to long some there with a stop.

My equity positions are still gucci...still very much in the green.

It's my options that are getting rekked...

And my biggest options position I bought on margin...I got greedy and now I'm getting boned...

interview.gif

Back
Top Bottom