OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

USE DEBT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE

To piggy back off this. My mom took a chance on a house in NYC. She used home equity loans to keep buying houses. Now she’s a multi millionaire with multiple multi family homes in NYC. She maybe cash poor but if and when she decides to liquidate she will literally turn 30k of initial down payment into multiple millions. All as a immigrant single mom.

Debt is how the rich get richer but too many people don’t understand that.

To piggy back off this. My mom took a chance on a house in NYC. She used home equity loans to keep buying houses. Now she’s a multi millionaire with multiple multi family homes in NYC. She maybe cash poor but if and when she decides to liquidate she will literally turn 30k of initial down payment into multiple millions. All as a immigrant single mom.

Debt is how the rich get richer but too many people don’t understand that.

AND YOU GOT THE LIKES AND I DIDNT SMH

My house down payment was all done via Margin. That>Liquidating and taking the tax hit by thousands of dollars

Would you be kind enough to elaborate more on this strategy please. When do you expect to pay down that margin, etc.

We can take this to the real estate thread too if that’s preferred.

Would you be kind enough to elaborate more on this strategy please. When do you expect to pay down that margin, etc.

We can take this to the real estate thread too if that’s preferred.
Just plan to pay it down once I get paid with tax returns, etc.

From my perspective, the interest cost is ~$2,700 a year and that's with me not paying down any of it during the course of a calendar year. If I opted to liquidate my portfolio to raise the cash I needed, the capital gains taxes would far outpace that number.

If you have a big enough portfolio to support with plus a good buffer to hedge against any drawdowns I would consider it

it’s a multitude of historical examples to support leverage/low leverage

Aldi has become one of the most trusted brands in the world by shunning debt. Dave Tepper has stated no need for leverage on trading.

Yet, wacc & apv models are built on the advantage of debt financing. Interest expense is tax deductible.

Verdict: the person is underwritten

Edit: Masa likes debt too

Last edited:
I have to discipline myself to stop trading options on SPY
I’ve seen clear downtrend break support on the downside just to bounce off no support into a spike up
I’m over it at this point making it a habit to not even bother looking at it at all

I keep cash on deck but I don’t want to sell my crypto and don’t work in the winter. If I had a year round job I’d probably keep way less.

I’m in too much debt to live off unemployment when I’m laid off.

Small caps potentially oversold:

$jmia - the Africa play people forgot
$oscr - josh kushner’s health company
$sklz - social gaming w/ an NFL partnership
$apph - agriculture & farming in Kentucky

Small caps potentially oversold:

$jmia - the Africa play people forgot
$oscr - josh kushner’s health company
$sklz - social gaming w/ an NFL partnership
$apph - agriculture & farming in Kentucky

Tell me more about SKLZ and your POV

Would love to see GroupMe get taken out of Microsoft’s dungeon & get revamped

Use on college campuses is off the charts. Every frat/sorority & student organization uses GroupMe, daily

At the present, UI is old, in-chat features suck, and website is even worse

Would love to see GroupMe get taken out of Microsoft’s dungeon & get revamped

Use on college campuses is off the charts. Every frat/sorority & student organization uses GroupMe, daily

At the present, UI is old, in-chat features suck, and website is even worse
I've been on GroupMe since 2011, it's come a long way. It's not What's App good but I still am loyal to it.

Back
Top Bottom