OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

What a wild day.

I booked my profits due to stop losses, but of course they weren't as much as I would have liked.

Oil holding strong is a good sign for me. But I am thinking a lot has to do w/ dollar strength and data. If it holds, indices should follow.

Equities just unloaded again intraday like yesterday. It looks uneasy for the trained candled fella.

Despite recent activity, I am going long again but w/ tighter stops. I will take my cues and market conditions as indicators. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the sell off does occur. It seemed imminent.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

any major plays you see this week fellas?
At the same time, those that see it, are cautious of the 'shooting star'.  No, not the wrestling move.

sharpshooter.jpg

I will say that I am playing for the bull side, and yes I am STILL holding onto oil.  It is chopping in a range, and I am at the point where tomorrow will tell me what I should do.  Either oil continues up on strong strength, or it will fall.
nah

Originally Posted by Scarface2k1

lol, sharp shooter.

anybody think RedBox will ever go public?
if so, when?

and what about dunkin donuts?
The sharp shooter was meant to suggest the candle stick pattern to heed caution.  I think it played out well IMHO.

The early day green surprised me, but it was a great sign for me.

I am targeting us to close this week in the green.

dlm earnings tomorrow. the price should be priced in but then again dlm is a beast so it might go up

hope everyone is doing well, i haven't posted in a long time...wasn't sure the thread was still rollin' on.

I think gold might be going lower sometime soon, ~900...(Sorry J23Collector). however it will bounce back and be higher at the end of the year. still in NEM, GLD, and RGLD but maybe selling soon.

currently i do not have many plays on the penny side...i have stashed most my money in BRK-B and tech stocks.

the only thing i have heard about is DNDN...don't know much about this place, but i heard it's supposed to boom more than it already is.

GLTA, happy investing/trading.

^^

good thing I got my gold for well less than 900/oz and have already sold
wink.gif

its nice to see you back, have you thought about what I pm'd you about earlier in the year?

-J23C

Originally Posted by iEternalv

hope everyone is doing well, i haven't posted in a long time...wasn't sure the thread was still rollin' on.

I think gold might be going lower sometime soon, ~900...(Sorry J23Collector). however it will bounce back and be higher at the end of the year. still in NEM, GLD, and RGLD but maybe selling soon.

currently i do not have many plays on the penny side...i have stashed most my money in BRK-B and tech stocks.

the only thing i have heard about is DNDN...don't know much about this place, but i heard it's supposed to boom more than it already is.

GLTA, happy investing/trading.
What's your basis in berkshire?  I figured I'll invest in those indirectly via my 401(k) or mutual funds.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

I think we're setting up for a big movement. H&S pattern on the 60 min. Watching 1121 very closely.
agreed.. 

The bears drooled over failed H&S patterns time and time again though. 

The market the past few days have been status quo.  A lot of uncertainty.

However, the higher low has been put in and we at least are gearing for a weekly gain.  Everyone is watching Greece, EU like a boy watches his first issue of playboy.

how r u seeing a h&S form for SPX ...r u looking at the movement for the last 60 min? even when i checked on bloomberg intraday volitlity, i couldn't fish out a h&S for the last 60 min

surely i'm doing it wrong, as i don't think either of you (chico / fishy) are using bloomberg, and that's the cream of the crop

Originally Posted by teddy jam

how r u seeing a h&S form for SPX ...r u looking at the movement for the last 60 min? even when i checked on bloomberg intraday volitlity, i couldn't fish out a h&S for the last 60 min

surely i'm doing it wrong, as i don't think either of you (chico / fishy) are using bloomberg, and that's the cream of the crop
I am not a pro like others, but I don't use bloomberg.  It's quite a hassle for me.  But I use what works and that's all that matters.

This is a prime example of TA.  Diff't time frames give diff't results.

I will say that oil is doing very good for me.  It is holding up very well and every chance, I have made plays on it.  60% of my portfolio are based on oil plays now.  This might be the chance where oil finally bursts out above $80.  When it does, this signals that big matador flag for the bulls to gorge a giant green day.  I am not necessarily saying oil is the 'cue', but I am saying things will follow suit if they do.
wink.gif
  Look at all my previous posts, did I mention OIL? YES. OIL !  I can expect oil hitting its high of the year !

Classic ascending triangle.  A rookie that passed stats could draw that trend line.  It is common sense and a fool to not buy oil.  Well, if it bursts, you could play that flip.  But I think I've given quite generous tips for people here. 

I have spoken about oil for the longest time since I've posted actively here, and if people just bought the dips, they'd make money.

The same w/ the SPX, it is knocking, begging to take out 1150 !  Of course it will have other things to take out 'first'.

Lates.. Appreciate !
pimp.gif

I must say, always trade w/ a stop loss and be flexible. =)

alien.gif
  Anything can happen in a blink of an eye.

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

^^

wink.gif

its nice to see you back, have you thought about what I pm'd you about earlier in the year?

-J23C
nice play, it's all about flippin'...real gold > paper gold

my connect has been trying to start up this ******ed +** business that he's going to end up losing a lot of money in. i haven't been digging too deep into the market as of late...i have been trying to swoop on real estate, i think that's one of the best moves for me right now. let me know if anyone is interested!

Got this chart off a forum.

Rising wedge forming...not looking good here. Although, we can get back above the yellow trendline.

2liwsuh.png

When I say 60 min, I was referring to the 60 min timeframe. Not just what happened in the last 60 minutes. Look back about 3 days on the 10 min timeframe and you'll see this pattern:

692txl.jpg

Originally Posted by iEternalv

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

^^

wink.gif

-J23C
nice play, it's all about flippin'...real gold > paper gold

my connect has been trying to start up this ******ed +** business that he's going to end up losing a lot of money in. i haven't been digging too deep into the market as of late...i have been trying to swoop on real estate, i think that's one of the best moves for me right now. let me know if anyone is interested!

What are you trying to do with/in real estate? no doubt that there is PLENTY of right priced land/houses out there

-J23C

ya i definately see it when u do it like that

thanks, what do u use to get those charts? scotts trade elite?

^basis?

oil pushing 82 almost...fishy, what point do u think we need to break through to confirm a consistent uptrend

time to short JMBA???
it's had a real tough time breaking where it is trading at around now.

anybody with some TA skills, care to break it down.

^basis?

oil pushing 82 almost...fishy, what point do u think we need to break through to confirm a consistent uptrend

I don't believe in TA entirely, but I am looking to take some profits already w/ my oil, especially after today's push which I was looking and expecting.  It came to fruition.  People say, don't close winning positions, but going into the weekend and given how strong it has pushed, I am going to take some off the table.

So lovely today,  SPX had the biggest erection ever. Same with everything else.
laugh.gif

SPX challenging 150 really well..  H&S breakdown of neck line?  Not anymore..

Back
Top Bottom