:::[Official] [SUPER BOWL XLVII] San Francisco 49ers. vs. Baltimore Ravens @ Mercedez-Benz Superdome

anyone who thinks that last play was a blown call is salty.. you're allowed contact 5 yards down the field and Crabtree was holding onto dude's helmet. after the fact.

Call me salty if you want, but I have repeatedly said that the call was NOT the reason we lost.....however it absolutely was a blown call.

First off, I am well aware that you are allowed contact 5 yards down the field. Watch the play again Mez. It was past 5 yards. After that initial contact (which should have been an illegal contact penalty), the DB then wrapped both of his arms around Crabree, and his left hand was clearly grabbing Crab's jersey (which should have been a holding penalty), then the DB didnt let go until the ball was more than half way there (which should have been a pass interference penalty).

Sorry Mez, I cant get down with you on this opinion. It was a penalty. And if you are going to say it was too ticky tacky to be called a penalty, then the call on Culliver to extend the Ravens last drive to lead to a field goal certainly shouldnt have been called either.

Oh god, the "elite" word.
laugh.gif
lol..im saying man...

i hate eli...he def lowered that 'elite' bar ...

nowadays you can suck 16 games, but put together a good playoff run and your elite..smh...flacco is closer than eli tho...

They never "had this game"

They didn't lead at any point and went on a run.

They didn't lose this game, the Ravens won it.
Agreed. How did the Niners choke? That is a ludicrous comment. Niners spotted the Ravens a 28-6 lead. All this crying about the non-pass interference masks this fact.

lol..im saying man...

nowadays you can suck 16 games, but put together a good playoff run and your elite..smh...flacco is closer than eli tho...

How did Eli lower the bar if he had a perfect season from start to finish last year? You act like he came up with the "media" term.

lol..im saying man...

Honestly to me they are all in the same tier.

Very few QBs are franchise changers

(Bresus, TB12, Arod, #18)

Flacco falls into that category with very good QBs (Eli , Ryan, Big Ben, Romo)

Honestly to me they are all in the same tier.

Very few QBs are franchise changers

(Bresus, TB12, Arod, #18)

Flacco falls into that category with very good QBs (Eli , Ryan, Big Ben, Romo)
i agree...ive said that from the start...

there are only 4 qbs who can make a bad D, bad receivers, bad oline or whatever else into a playoff team...eli or flacco isnt one of them...

i like the maturation of flacco tho, def came into his own this year...

so is flacco hands down the qb from his draft class??? or is matty ice still ahead of him??

there are only 4 qbs who can make a bad D, bad receivers, bad oline or whatever else into a playoff team...eli or flacco isnt one of them...

so is flacco hands down the qb from his draft class??? or is matty ice still ahead of him??

I think Matt had actually carried his team over the last few seasons, granted it has garnered much playoff success.

Flacco just had an amazing post season, and starting next year, it's his team, lets see how he handles it without Ray and maybe Reed.

Granted Joe just won a SB and MVP and had an amazing run, I hold them both in the same regard.

what is the saints record again?

Don't do that.

Bresus or Eli?

Who you taking?

Yea that's what I thought.

Re-watched the goaline stand...

Kaep would have scored or at least got to the 1yard line on the play that the clock almost ran out and needed a TO.
Walker was held WAYYYYYY worse and SO MUCH MORE OBVIOUS in the same play Crabtree was. Walker was almost pulled to the ground.
On the play where Crabtree was hit on the flat that he dropped...helmet to helmet hit...clear as day.

unfortunately kaep threw the ball so quickly because of the rush and threw it to the complete opposite side so no one even saw/mentioned that other hold.

Elite: Peyton, Brees, Brady, Rodgers
Next Class : Eli, Ben
Very Good : The Mattural, Flacco
Talented dudes that will probably never win anything: Rivers, Romo

refs usually call holding when it has a definite chance of effecting the play and rarely call them when its the last few minutes of the game.  if Kaepernick would have thrown to walker there would have been a better chance refs would have  thrown the flag, but he didn't and Crabtree pushed off too, making it even less likely for them to throw a flag. 

Last edited:

Eli carried a bottom ranked defense/last in rushing team to the playoffs last season though, so much for that argument. He is obviously not at the same consistent level as a Brady, Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers, but he is still a great QB right behind them with Big Ben and other proven winners who step up when it matters most.

People forget this is only Flacco's 5th season and he already has 10 post season wins.

Elite: Peyton, Brees, Brady, Rodgers
Next Class : Eli, Ben
Very Good : The Mattural, Flacco
Talented dudes that will probably never win anything: Rivers, Romo

Pretty much....plus a lot of up and coming stars to replace some of those guys within the next few years.

Last edited:
when did i ever say eli is better than breesus though?
as good as these elite 4 qbs are, only thomas has more than 1 ring.

they can keep the elite label, i dont care. I rather see my team win the sb any day of the week.

no team has won a superbowl the next year after losing it yet, so if 49ers don't go, I expect the Seahawks to go for the NFC next season. 

if RGIII ends up being healthy, i hope it's Seahawks Vs ******** in the NFC championship game.

I love me some QB talk, we all know that, but quite frankly, this elite stuff has been out of hand for awhile now. What does it really matter? I mean...it has been evident for years that you don't need a quarterback who is held in the regards as being elite, to win the Super Bowl. And just because a competent and above average quarterback wins the Super Bowl doesn't make him elite.

Eli and Flacco both got real hot at the right time. Both in their respective years of winning the SB, they each had their games when they didn't look anything close to elite. With the true "elite," you don't really see that for stretches. Not even for back to back games. That's the difference in my opinion. The goal is to win the Super Bowl though, and it's not who has the best of the best for quarterbacks competition.

RG3's style of play and health concerns me.

Seahawks def will be one of the favorites to come out of the NFC

no team has won a superbowl the next year after losing it yet, so if 49ers don't go, I expect the Seahawks to go for the NFC next season. 

Its happened before...

Its just been 40 years since it happened.

So its probably gonna be tough...

The NFC is gonna be SERIOUS next year

Back
Top Bottom