Official Supreme Thread; F/W14; FAQ ON PG 1; vol. End of F/W Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm aware, it's going to be a sad day when they figure out a way to do it without costing more money chasing after people for nonpayment. The only thing I have going for me is that the state government believes taxes to be the devil himself, so anyone proposing to enforce the laws on the books would probably be run out of office.

Well at least you dont have to pay Tax + Shipping...Since they started doing that over here in Cali, I have to be real selective and has to be something i really want in order for me to pull the trigger.
same here...its funny too cuz if we had paid tax from the beginning it would be a non-issue.  they spoiled us in a way...

forreal, and then all of a sudden..WE get hit. And whats worse about it is we still have to wait for items to ship from NY :smh:

They dont even ship from the LA store; being a CA resident, I would think they would do that by cutting down process/shipping time.

same here...its funny too cuz if we had paid tax from the beginning it would be a non-issue.  they spoiled us in a way...
The law is pretty clear about who gets taxed when during online sales but Supreme must have been working on a loophole. As far as I know, if the warehouse is in CA then they must charge state taxes to residents. But if Supreme said the warehouse is actually in NY (which it is, and that's why all you CA people hate the shipping from Supreme), then they could technically get away with selling their stuff taxless. Unfortunately, Supreme DOES have a store in CA (The LA shop) and that's probably how they hooked them back into taxes since they have a physical presence in the state even though products don't ship from there.

forreal, and then all of a sudden..WE get hit. And whats worse about it is we still have to wait for items to ship from NY
mean.gif

They dont even ship from the LA store; being a CA resident, I would think they would do that by cutting down process/shipping time.
Not to reiterate too much of what I said already, but that's probably part of the reason they DON'T have a warehouse in LA. In order to claim they should not be taxed, everything would need to ship from the CA warehouse, but the state probably caught on to the game (And the amount of money they bring in weekly) and said "f that give us our money *****." It would make sense NOW for them to get a warehouse in CA since it won't matter anyways...

1) shipping to hawaii is $25
2) mints mints you took the last XL in the plaid pull over that I wanted
3) this sums up how I feel regarding the last 5 pages in this thread

Not to reiterate too much of what I said already, but that's probably part of the reason they DON'T have a warehouse in LA. In order to claim they should not be taxed, everything would need to ship from the CA warehouse, but the state probably caught on to the game (And the amount of money they bring in weekly) and said "f that give us our money *****." It would make sense NOW for them to get a warehouse in CA since it won't matter anyways...

I know..but i mean for someone to order one piece (hat, shirt, accessory) when they have it in-store and they're a CA resident or somewhere close by. thats whack

Last edited:

The law is pretty clear about who gets taxed when during online sales but Supreme must have been working on a loophole. As far as I know, if the warehouse is in CA then they must charge state taxes to residents. But if Supreme said the warehouse is actually in NY (which it is, and that's why all you CA people hate the shipping from Supreme), then they could technically get away with selling their stuff taxless. Unfortunately, Supreme DOES have a store in CA (The LA shop) and that's probably how they hooked them back into taxes since they have a physical presence in the state even though products don't ship from there.
tryin to school me on CALI taxes DAN?? 
grin.gif

roll.gif

info is correct...

Last edited:
I know..but i mean for someone to order one piece (hat, shirt, accessory) when they have it in-store and they're a CA resident or somewhere close by. thats whack
Yeah, I get it. But it has always been the case that online and in-store stock are separate. Would be cool if they just got a warehouse in CA now. Would mean that anyone in the country could get Supreme gear within ~3 days. Only problem is that it would be tough to determine at time of sale which warehouse should handle the order and ship it (especially for states right on the line between CA/NY). Not a big problem, but one nonetheless.
i'd make a gif but im at work
frown.gif

next time @DanVSMan
smokin.gif
Did I at least get it all right? I want a 100 on my CA Tax test.

Yeah, I get it. But it has always been the case that online and in-store stock are separate. Would be cool if they just got a warehouse in CA now. Would mean that anyone in the country could get Supreme gear within ~3 days. Only problem is that it would be tough to determine at time of sale which warehouse should handle the order and ship it (especially for states right on the line between CA/NY). Not a big problem, but one nonetheless.

East/West of the Mississippi River like with K and W for radio station call letters. although for cities that the river runs through, it'd still be a B.

I've reiterated this before, but most CA residents don't realize that we are paying tax not only on the item we are buying but on the actual $10 shipping too. Which is wrong on so many levels.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-

I've reiterated this before, but most CA residents don't realize that we are paying tax not only on the item we are buying but on the actual $10 shipping too. Which is wrong on so many levels.

-SAlNlDllvllAlNl-
Yeah it's like eBay charging commission on shipping to prevent abuse of listings by hiking the shipping price up to avoid fees. At the end of the day, everyone who uses eBay the way it should be used is getting screwed on 10% of shipping charges unless they increase their shipping cost to account for that loss. That money is being used to deliver the product, why you take commission on it?! 

excited to see the new lookbook season is beyond over for me, really hope they have some good tees dropping been going through some of PB Stuff and getting some other old tees i wanted hopefully they bring the fire!

Haven't really been picking anything up recently. But this came in earlier this week & now I can't wait for Springtime...

Not Supreme, but I really hope that they do some more work with Ebbets. I doubt many people would be down for this type of hat though, 8 panel with a loose brim and leather sweat guard.

Lovehateself ( any option) sz Large
DZaster (#2) DHD28 Add me to the list! (design #2 pls)
suberzat1 #2 medium tee, large in hoodie/l/s
Sipy (L shirts, XL hoodies) - Design #2
DanVSMan Large #2 (I take big poops)
mints XL Design 2 (GREY IS A MUST)
L7oser: Design 2 Sz. L
B Fresco: I really wanted both 2 & 3 sz L (if possible)...
Joepapamama23 Size L. Design #3. Surprise me with the shirt pack. 1059 boyz is a must somewhere
Animal Thug: Design #2, size L - down for the Trio pack.
CLU713 - XL - Design #2
rafsjays Medium #2
WhatCanISay- Large #2
ericsanch1992- Medium #2
xxpizzo - Small - #2 nd #3 (either one is fine if we decide to go with just 1 logo)
BreezyHamilton - XL - 2 and/or 3 #1059boyz
Leonidas - Medium - #2
Oxstafari- large- any option
I asked to be on the list too. XL, black, any design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom