[| -- Official The Clipse Til The Casket Drops Album Thread: Tuesday December 8th -- |]

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

Originally Posted by awwsome

I'm still waiting on the mixtape........
smh.gif
Such ungratefulness
laugh.gif
I'm still waiting on the CDQ grouprip of the album
laugh.gif
I'm getting really impatient
embarassed.gif
mad.gif
You STILL don't have the CDQ. 3 days and counting now
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by tompetrie

Originally Posted by iceman21542

Originally Posted by jordan231025

Malice>Pusha on this cd. On his prophet steez.

Edit: Also, if I wouldn't have heard the leaked tracks or singles, it would have been 1000x better. Only songs I want to hurry up and skip over are the singles for the most part.

Co-sign to the fullest. I wish I would have held out. Still a great album. Should def. be considered as one of the top albums of the year of any genre.

Exactly
i love the clipse but easy buddy
I'm not saying it's the best album this year of any genre because I obviously haven't heard every album , but I consider it to be nearthe top. It's a very solid and cohesive effort from front to back, give or take a song or two. That's my opinion, but it's just like HHNF beingcritically acclaimed as being one of the top albums of any genre in 2006 by several credible music publications. I guess it's all personal preference tho.

c'mon man, this aint even close to the best RAP album of the year, so its definitely not the best album of any genre. stop that

As I said, that's my opinion and I clearly stated it's not the best album of any genre this year. I would like to know what you think the best rapalbum is this year because nothing stood out from the rest of the competition. That's not a diss because a lot of solid material came out this year. Somesay BP3, OB4CL2, BISD, Deeper Than Rap and/or Relapse (I hated Relapse btw) are the best of 09 respectively. While each were good to great albums, ask 10different people what's the clear-cut Rap album of the year and they will have several different answers. It's all opinion fam. Also, it's not liketwo Rap albums can't come out in the same year and be considered the top albums of that year for any genre. Many Rap albums that came out in 1996 can vouchfor that.

I gave it a few more listens, and I think it's a solid album. Not on par with their previous two, but it's definitely a solid album and I canappreciate that.

I don't think Cam's verse was as bad as I heard people saying it was.

Counseling is growing on me.

Life Change is probably one of my 5 favorite Clipse songs.

Originally Posted by Jiggaman414

c'mon man, this aint even close to the best RAP album of the year
*!$# you talking about?! Please name your candidates ASAP so I (we) can shoot them down. This is indeed Hip-Hop/Rap Album of the Year, just likePusha promised.
pimp.gif

"HIP-HOP ON STEROIDS!"
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

LW: 9/10
HHNF: 9.5/10
TTCD: 8.5/10

This album is their weakest lyrically (not really a knock), but is their strongest musically IMO.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

*!$# you talking about?! Please name your candidates ASAP so I (we) can shoot them down. This is indeed Hip-Hop/Rap Album of the Year, just like Pusha promised.
pimp.gif

"HIP-HOP ON STEROIDS!"
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

LW: 9/10
HHNF: 9.5/10
TTCD: 8.5/10

This album is their weakest lyrically (not really a knock), but is their strongest musically IMO.
lol i was gonna say the same... This joint easily makes top 5.

This joint def bangs. It just flows so well front to back.
I dont agree with "3rd times the charm" tho. I feel like
this coulda came out in between LW & HHNF.

*!$# you talking about?! Please name your candidates ASAP so I (we) can shoot them down. This is indeed Hip-Hop/Rap Album of the Year, just like Pusha promised.
pimp.gif

The Ecstatic
OB4CL2
BP3
Attention Deficit
BISD
MOTM

Too hard to decide now. Clipse has just begun their catalog while the Mobb has a relatively big one. If Clipse keeps on making solid albums, then I might havethe give to edge to Clipse though.

different strokes I guess, but in all honesty jiggaman BISD, BP3, MOTM, and Attention Deficit have absolutely no right in being listed with the rest of thosealbums as best rap album of 09, especially if you were to use a legitimate source for comparison such as Metacritic (only Ecstatic and OB4CL2 have scores above80 garnering the title of "critical acclaim"). Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the albums you mentioned except for the garbage known as BISD, butbased on the response TTCD has received thus far, it is a definite contender for best rap album of the year (it's tied with OB4CL2 in my book).

pimp.gif

The Ecstatic
OB4CL2
BP3
Attention Deficit
BISD
MOTM
Throw Ghostdini up there tho

After a quick spin...

the best part of the album is Push on Freedoom
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Life Change, is what I though it would be
sick.gif

and I dont have the leaked version with showing out on it
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

If "I'm not you" wasnt my favorite song ever then I'd say HHNF > TTCD > LW

Originally Posted by EightysBaby

Originally Posted by quik1987

So after 3 albums.....

Clipse or Mobb Deep?
The Infamous > All 3 Clipse albums
And its not even close.. sh-- I would probably put Hell On Earth over most Clipse albums... but this thread isn't about that discussion.

I will peep the album later this week, wasn't too much a fan of HHNF

God I tried my hardest to at least wait for the group rip (I've never checked my sources so frequently for an album) this album has been wayyyyy toanticipated for me...Needless to say I had a half hour drive to school at 7:00 AM and Doorman and Popular Demand blastin through the speakers was a greatwakeup
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

eek.gif
at me not minding being stuck in traffic this album is so good!!!

pimp.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]The Ecstatic[/color]
OB4CL2
[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]BP3[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]Attention Deficit[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]BISD[/color]
MOTM

Back
Top Bottom