Official The North Face thread

Good looks. In terms of the jacket, current retro available?

Left my Recon on a bus. Had it since 11th grade, I'm 28 now. Anyone know of any sites offering deals on Recons or TNF bookbags in general? I don't want to pay $100.

Left my Recon on a bus. Had it since 11th grade, I'm 28 now. Anyone know of any sites offering deals on Recons or TNF bookbags in general? I don't want to pay $100.

If you're comfortable with eBay people put brand new TNF backpacks up for under retail pretty often. I'm thinking about getting another Jester to replace my Sweeper I've had for 10+ years, I been looking every so often.

wow do they stil make recon bags? those joints were GOAT

Never used eBay before.

I saw some new ones on Amazon for $100.

If you're comfortable with eBay people put brand new TNF backpacks up for under retail pretty often. I'm thinking about getting another Jester to replace my Sweeper I've had for 10+ years, I been looking every so often.

Never used ebay, too my knockoffs.

I had one back in HS (’03ish) and then copped an updated version around 2012ish.

Definitely the GOAT backpack. I still use mine to this day when I need a quick bag for the gym or a trip.

Good looks. In terms of the jacket, current retro available?

Very surprised to find this out, but I can't find any. Only vintage. Did a quick search and don't even see any on ebay. Kinda crazy. The colorway is legendary but surprised I'm not seeing any for sale anywhere.

Reactions: JPS

Ouch...sorry to hear
Im still using my blue/grey recon backpack from freshman yr of HS. maybe from like 2006? Love it. I dont think i wanna buy another backpack until this one burns somehow lol

Anybody wearing TNF pants a clown

333DC859-5596-4553-800C-94FCC3DFFD8D.jpeg
7D4D07FD-5D73-4F77-9601-D287707F1BE2.jpeg

Anyone have a cryos jacket? Thinking of copping a later model version. The one with the wool lining? How are they for DC winters?

Last edited:
Anyone have a cryos jacket? Thinking of copping a later model version. The one with the wool lining? How are they for DC winters?

Never owned/wore one but checked them out in person. They seem like the real deal. Of course this is the higher tier line in terms of pricing but heard nothing but good things.

This one looks warm and is Gore Tex so you know you'll be dry and warm in those DC winters...
https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/womens-cryos-expedition-gtx-parka-nf0a35ca#hero=0

1978S 1978S I'm really about to make another IG just to be able to message known TNF sellers and collectors. Do you have some recommendations on who to follow?

Mostly looking for steep techs but interested in everything especially overseas pieces.

I'm so glad the pink salt pieces released here I was not trying to pay crazy shipping for two XS jackets lol

1978S 1978S I'm really about to make another IG just to be able to message known TNF sellers and collectors. Do you have some recommendations on who to follow?

Mostly looking for steep techs but interested in everything especially overseas pieces.

I'm so glad the pink salt pieces released here I was not trying to pay crazy shipping for two XS jackets lol

If I have time/remember I'll post lots. But to begin follow the two hashtags:

#vintagenorthface
#steeptech

Never owned/wore one but checked them out in person. They seem like the real deal. Of course this is the higher tier line in terms of pricing but heard nothing but good things.

This one looks warm and is Gore Tex so you know you'll be dry and warm in those DC winters...
https://www.thenorthface.com/shop/womens-cryos-expedition-gtx-parka-nf0a35ca#hero=0

Thanks you are like the TNF guru. I am looking at what i think is an older version. Since I like the wool lining. The new ones dont seem to have that (at least from what the pictures show)

This is the one im looking at:

https://www.mountainsteals.com/product/the-north-face-women-s-cryos-gtx-jacket_10344548

Tried on the mountain jacket I ordered, fit isn’t too bad. Didn’t realize it was relaxed fit, the arms are pretty roomy.

Question, is it normal for some of the snap buttons to be difficult to snap on? The top two I really have to force them to fit.

Tried on the mountain jacket I ordered, fit isn’t too bad. Didn’t realize it was relaxed fit, the arms are pretty roomy.

Question, is it normal for some of the snap buttons to be difficult to snap on? The top two I really have to force them to fit.
Would you be able to go down a size in this case? Nearest store by me that has the mountain light jacket is about 30 miles away

Would you be able to go down a size in this case? Nearest store by me that has the mountain light jacket is about 30 miles away

Besides the arms, the rest of the jacket fits pretty well. If you plan to zip a fleece or nuptse under than the extra room is good. Might go to the mall next week and see if a small fits better without being tight.

Back
Top Bottom