OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

New here, be gentle.

Anyone know if the all blue like UConn wore went to retail?  Haven't been able to find them.

New here, be gentle.

Anyone know if the all blue like UConn wore went to retail?  Haven't been able to find them.
The navy/white Crusaders Uconn wore are tbs (team bank). A lot of college teams have been wearing Zoom Crusaders with the same color blocking, just with different primary colors (ex: red or green instead of navy). There's a chance that the tbs will release officially some time this year, but I don't think it's likely. Usually, unreleased tb shoes end up eventually being sold at discount stores like Marshals, although you'd probably have to wait a year or so for them to end up there. Until then, I'd say check ebay often and see if anything pops up.

a NTer i know that hoops a lot hit me up yesterday and said he rolled his ankle in these too with no contact. @ktowntrash just spreading the word. i love how this shoe looks just sucks everyone keeps getting hurt in them.

I think Nike pull this shoes out the oven too early. It is a flawed design. If you pay close attention. The area around the ankle has no stability because it is basically just a sock to hold your foot therefore no lateral support at all. They could have added a wider out rigger to help stabilize lateral movement. No wonder Paul George have been playing scared lately. I see him hesitated to go hard left or right on drive. Imagine wearing free 5.0 or air force one low for bball. Feel like the shoes would tip over and cause ankle sprain.

I think Nike pull this shoes out the oven too early. It is a flawed design. If you pay close attention. The area around the ankle has no stability because it is basically just a sock to hold your foot therefore no lateral support at all. They could have added a wider out rigger to help stabilize lateral movement. No wonder Paul George have been playing scared lately. I see him hesitated to go hard left or right on drive. Imagine wearing free 5.0 or air force one low for bball. Feel like the shoes would tip over and cause ankle sprain.
Yeah dude as if Nike forces Paul George to wear the Crusader 
roll.gif

Seriously if you want to bash the Crusader at least give a good argument. PG switched through the Hyperdunk 2013, the Hyperrev and now seems to prefer the Crusader. When he went "hard left" past LeBron for the two handed dunk last week I dont think he "hesitated". If PG is not playing like his usual self, the blame is certainly not on a shoe 
laugh.gif

Ya PG earlier this season wore, hyperdunks, cp3vii and kobe 8 and still chose the crusader.

Yeah dude as if Nike forces Paul George to wear the Crusader 
roll.gif

Seriously if you want to bash the Crusader at least give a good argument. PG switched through the Hyperdunk 2013, the Hyperrev and now seems to prefer the Crusader. When he went "hard left" past LeBron for the two handed dunk last week I dont think he "hesitated". If PG is not playing like his usual self, the blame is certainly not on a shoe 
laugh.gif
Im sure Nike is paying him to promote the shoes. PG is trying to get a shoes deal too so he got no choice. If he's not hesitated in these socks he would have attack the basket more often while wearing these low cut socks then lol. Should just tell Nike that shoes sucks and switch back to HD 2013 or just throw on some Kobe 8.

Last edited:

Im sure Nike is paying him to promote the shoes. PG is trying to get a shoes deal too so he got no choice. If he's not hesitated in these socks he would have attack the basket more often while wearing these low cut socks then lol. Should just tell Nike that shoes sucks and switch back to HD 2013 or just throw on some Kobe 8.
PG does have a choice... It's Nike that has to worry here. As an upcoming sneaker free agent, PG has all the power in the situation as he can choose to go with whatever brand he wants (you can't honestly tell me he won't be getting multiple offer sheets this summer). He wears what he wears by choice. I think you're forgetting that Nike made PEs for him of multiple models, implying they're perfectly fine with him playing in whatever he deems comfortable. Besides, if anything's to blame for him being hesitant it's his off court situation.

PG does have a choice... It's Nike that has to worry here. As an upcoming sneaker free agent, PG has all the power in the situation as he can choose to go with whatever brand he wants (you can't honestly tell me he won't be getting multiple offer sheets this summer). He wears what he wears by choice. I think you're forgetting that Nike made PEs for him of multiple models, implying they're perfectly fine with him playing in whatever he deems comfortable. Besides, if anything's to blame for him being hesitant it's his off court situation.
Why would Nike worry? lol They are the boss and will always be the boss. They're not worry about PG or what his demand is. They are giving him the checks to wear their shoes and probably somewhere in their clause they wanted him to promote the Crusader.  Think about it Nike got KD, Lebron and Kobe not to mention the money maker Jordan Brand in the house. Why  would they worry about PG? He's not even that good. Even if PG decide to go to Adidas or Under Armour. Those brand probably won't give him a sig shoes neither. They going to give him the team shoes PE like Lillard, Wall, Brandon Jenning, Curry etc. Adidas learned their lesson from Rose and Under Armour don't have the money yet.

Last edited:
harden has been wearing this shoe all season and has no problem in them.

george can wear whatever he wants, he was wearing other NIKE shoes this season so idk why you would think nike would get upset if he wore another shoe by them. and he ain't promoting these shoes lol a ton of players play in the crusaders; no one is buying a shoe because PG wears it.

What's NT's average age these day? Better yet... what's NT's average IQ? I'm reading absurd things in this thread.

Why would Nike worry? lol They are the boss and will always be the boss. They're not worry about PG or what his demand is. They are giving him the checks to wear their shoes and probably somewhere in their clause they wanted him to promote the Crusader.  Think about it Nike got KD, Lebron and Kobe not to mention the money maker Jordan Brand in the house. Why  would they worry about PG? He's not even that good. Even if PG decide to go to Adidas or Under Armour. Those brand probably won't give him a sig shoes neither. They going to give him the team shoes PE like Lillard, Wall, Brandon Jenning, Curry etc. Adidas learned their lesson from Rose and Under Armour don't have the money yet.
Not to go too far off course here but take a look at what happened with Dwayne Wade. Li Ning was relatively unknown at the time in North America, so they didn't have the star power of Nike or the legacy of Jordan Brand. What they did have was a ton of cash and a willingness to give signature shoes to their players. They offered Wade $12 million. That's three times what CP3 earns from his current deal.  This same company gave the LA Clipper Baron Davis a signature shoe a few years ago. If you don't think PG has options outside of Nike then you really have to take a closer look at the market. There's a shift going on in the NBA and Asian companies are signing players left, right, and center. Whether he leaves Nike this summer or not, you can't deny that PG has options.

I grabbed grey/red off NIKE on Sat morning. And Looks like I will be picking up Yellow laker cw on Fri too

May consider a pair of the XDRs eventually for outdoor ball 
smokin.gif
 especially that grey/crimson pair

I hooped a few times in my Night Factor pair indoors and decided to take them outdoors.  Sorta wish I held out for one of these xdr pairs but had no clue they'd see a US release.  At least these are reasonably priced

Whats the difference between XDR outdoor and the regular versions?

I want the grey/red XDR version for indoors. 

Whats the difference between XDR outdoor and the regular versions?

I want the grey/red XDR version for indoors. 
The main difference is the outsole.  It's made from a slightly different compound and is usually a bit thicker so it'll last longer outdoors.

It looks like the upper is different on those XDR pairs too though.  It appears to be the upper that everyone was hoping for when pics first surfaced

Yah i realize they went back to the og hyperfuse material, which i like. But if a thicker outsole is the only other difference..im in. 

Last edited:

Yah i realize they went back to the og hyperfuse material, which i like. But if a thicker midsole is the only other difference..im in. 
Yeah you meant outsole, right? -- with this shoe, the thicker xdr would definitely hold up better outdoors, but I'm thinking it won't change things much indoors.  I guess I don't know for sure.  Generally thinner/more flexible is usually better for the hardwood but it doesn't always make a huge difference.  If you had major problems I'm sure Nike would take them back

Yah i realize they went back to the og hyperfuse material, which i like. But if a thicker midsole is the only other difference..im in. 
Yeah you meant outsole, right? -- with this shoe, the thicker xdr would definitely hold up better outdoors, but I'm thinking it won't change things much indoors.  I guess I don't know for sure.  Generally thinner/more flexible is usually better for the hardwood but it doesn't always make a huge difference.  If you had major problems I'm sure Nike would take them back
Yah, i meant outsole lol

Will def check em out. 

Back
Top Bottom