OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

Not necessarily the shoes fault but the lack of any kind of support really made it worse. Since there is nothing to stop the ankle at all it's best to tape/brace with these to be safe. Definitely could have happened in any shoes but any other shoe with some ankle support would of helped to minimize the damage done.

I can't find the right lace color for these #&*% oranges
laugh.gif

Keep em orange, they look real nice the way they are. Been looking for a pair of my own for cheap but don't want to get killed with duty fees shipping to Canada

Went up for a rebound and got undercut after someone pushed another guy going for a rebound directly under me and threw me off balance. Landed with my ankle already inverted directly onto the hardwood and the guy who undercut me came crashing down with me. So about 370 lbs worth of weight directly onto my ankle. I really don't know how I managed to sprain both sides of my ankle but I'm assuming I twisted it in a weird manner when I came crashing down as well. I gotta say for 20 dollars more Kobe 8's are definitely the better pickup. There is absolutely zero support on the Crusaders and the traction is already not that great compared to a lot of other shoes on the market.
even if you were wearing kobe's you wouldn't have walked out of that situation with healthy ankles.  you think any low top is going to even come close to sheltering you from 370 lbs?

^Sorry to hear about that sprain. I hate that... I've had similar things happen.

No shoe at all -- high, mid or low will shelter you from that injury.  When freak ish like that happens, unfortunately there's nothing a shoe can do imo.

@tigo0240  I keep going back and forth with those colors man 
laugh.gif
 I can't choose.  

Any of the three will look good IMO.  Maybe go with the middle pair?  I do like the pair that looks more of a teal though... I know this isn't any help.

@tigo0240  I keep going back and forth with those colors man 
laugh.gif
 I can't choose.  

Any of the three will look good IMO.  Maybe go with the middle pair?  I do like the pair that looks more of a teal though... I know this isn't any help.
I laced them up with the mint color. It's not the closest match to the sole but it looks the best. I was going for the Kobe 6 OC look and that pretty much nailed it.

Thanks for the false advertising, Nike
laugh.gif

Wished nike would dropped a Gumbo League colorway. Or even put them on Nike ID for us to go wild.

played in them today. they felt pretty good def better than the hyperrevs. a little on the heavier side but thats prolly because they werent broken in. but they def feel comfortable. traction wasnt that bad. will definitely go for the pink pair and the red pair.

I wore em for the 4th time yesterday, the traction breaks in really nice. I guess i broke through the 'film' 

I don't know if I'm just spoiled from wearing Kobe's for the past few years but these shoes feel heavy for a low top, have little to no responsiveness, traction ain't that great and they're really unflexible/stiff. I'm just gonna keep wearing my Kobe 8's for now and maybe wear these once in a while when I'm playing pickup. I like the inner sock's comfort and fit, and I love the look of the shoe. Everything else just kinda feels like one of those cheap Venomenom takedown type shoes.

Back
Top Bottom