OFFICIAL THREAD: Nike Zoom Crusader

Interesting to see a XDR version of this shoe now, was originally gonna go with a pair of venomenons down the road. Need a performance review on these 
happy.gif

How can I tell if the shoe is XDR on NDC? Or it says it in the description?
They are selling a separate version dubbed Zoom Crusader Outdoor -- comes in three colorways.  See below

XDR pairs:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/zoom-crusader-outdoor-basketball-shoe/pid-940991/pgid-940992

Regular pairs:

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/zoom-crusader-basketball-shoe/pid-832919/pgid-832909
Such an underrated shoe, so much potential.

Anyone else think this could end up being a cult classic, much like the Jet Flight?

was hoping for them to pop up on FTL, i got a $15 FTL GC

so id like to use it to get em for less.
I've got a $15 to use as well and this would be a great way to go.  Hoping they do end on ftl at some point

Such an underrated shoe, so much potential.

Anyone else think this could end up being a cult classic, much like the Jet Flight?
Yeah I must say, I've enjoyed my pair the more I've played in them.

For me, the sizing is weird though... Shoe fits very long.  I did not feel secure in my TS so I went down .5.  Things were snug to begin with, but they are nearly perfect after a little break-in.  Just lucky I have that narrow foot

It's a solid hoop shoe -- I just think there is something about the midsole/outsole that feels "dead" to me (if that makes any sense).  It definitely isn't a deal breaker, but some of the best lows seem to provide better response and flex underfoot.  Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but having tried many lows, it's hard for me not to compare them.

And again, still have enjoyed playing in them.  That neoprene sleeve is money

[thread="576571"]Quote:[/thread]
was hoping for them to pop up on FTL, i got a $15 FTL GC

so id like to use it to get em for less.
I've got a $15 to use as well and this would be a great way to go.  Hoping they do end on ftl at some point

i dont think they will sadly.

since the release of this shoe, FTL had only the 3 original colorways and only added the orange pair after its release. havent added anything else since.

As far as the ankle rolling issue goes, it's not so much the shoe as your individual biomechanics. I dont own a pair but these dont seem significantly lower than the kd vi which i hoop in frequently. If you have high arches and or run on the outside of your feet (supinate) you're more prone to ankle sprains and need to work on ankle and tendon strength anyway. If you do supinate, you should probably wear a more supportive shoe (not necessarily higher cut). You should know youre own biomechanics before trying a shoe if you want to prevent injury

how's the sizing on these compared to hyperrevs? gonna have to order a pair off swoosh since no stores around me have any in stock to try on. [emoji]128078[/emoji]

edit: nvm, read the post a couple posts above me.

Last edited:
anyone else size up in these? weird, i have a narrow foot but an 11 fit better than my usual 10.5. I am wearing the new hyperelite socks which may make a difference

anyone else size up in these? weird, i have a narrow foot but an 11 fit better than my usual 10.5. I am wearing the new hyperelite socks which may make a difference

I half sized down and I have narrow feet. Those socks may have something to do with it. I personally don't like Elite socks because I don't get the fit I desire with sneakers when I wear them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom